Some Google apps not working after a random reboot

1. Theendgamelv3
    Froyo Aug 13, 2014

Theendgamelv3 , Aug 13, 2014 :
    I don't know if this is the right area or not for this and I sent the issue to Cyanogenmod and I thought while I wait for them to respond maybe some people here have some ideas. So I downloaded some apps from Google Play Store and I am about to go delete the shortcuts and the phone reboots on its own. It only has my wallpaper, no icons or widgets and "unfortunately google play services has stopped" and "the process com.google.process.gapps has stopped" popped up a few times. I reboot the phone again and the same thing happens, no icons and the same error messages, but I got the default icons back. Right now I can't use Google Maps, Youtube and I get a sign in error for Google Now. Anyone have any ideas what is going on or have any suggestions?

2. Theendgamelv3
    Froyo Aug 14, 2014

3. holy
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2014

4. jshjx
    Jelly Bean Aug 14, 2014

5. Theendgamelv3
    Froyo Aug 14, 2014

Theendgamelv3 , Aug 14, 2014 :
    I was thinking about doing a factory restore to see if that helps. Also I don't think a banana is gonna help, it isn't a beer bottle.

6. Theendgamelv3
    Froyo Aug 14, 2014

Ok an update. So in trying to find a solution to this I read to delete my google account on the phone and add it again. Once I deleted my account, I can't add it. It has problems communicating with google. However, I can now use Youtube (but not under my account) and Google Maps. I hope this tidbit helps.

7. holy
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2014

8. Theendgamelv3
    Froyo Aug 14, 2014

I did a factory reset. Google is working for me again. Just annoying that I have to reinstall everything.

holy likes this.
  9. holy
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2014

holy , Aug 14, 2014 :
    So I guess bananas aren't compatible with Android anymore huh...

10. holy
    Honeycomb Aug 14, 2014

holy , Aug 14, 2014 :
    Btw you better check your files to see if there's leftovers of data from apps or personal files. Factory reset doesnt actually entirely clean your phone.