Some Grievances With C.44 on 9 Pro, Help Appreciated

1. Mjjhtb
    Donut Jan 24, 2022

Mjjhtb , Jan 24, 2022 :
    Specs: OnePlus 9 Pro, 12GB + 256 GB

Just update to the C.44 build (Android 12). I did the update because it promised substantial fixes. Here are some complaints I have after a few hours of usage:

1. The navigation buttons are much too far apart for comfortable one-handed use. I know I should have switched to gestures by now, but I find that OP's gestures just aren't where I want them to be.

2. While we're on the subject of navigation buttons, I no longer have the ability to use navigation button double tap or long press controls (for reference- I had double tap of the home button to open the notification shade and long press of the recents button to turn the screen off).

3. I no longer have the ability to double press the power button to launch the camera either. Again, not something everyone uses but coming from an OP6 (which had this feature, as did my 9 Pro before the update), it is an essential feature to me, as I do a lot of photography.

4. Fingerprint sensor seems to have slowed down a little, but not too noticeable.

5. Notifications are oddly formatted.

6. Haptics and overall performance seem to be a little choppy.

7. Battery drains faster (I made sure refresh rate, resolution and performance setting were all the same).

8. My device somehow says it's running an SD855, when it most definitely has a 888 (verified by GeekBench).
      Screenshot_2022-01-24-23-41-49-69_fc704e6b13c4fb26bf5e411f75da84f2.jpg
    9. System font is Roboto, but AOD font is OnePlus Sans.
    If anyone has any advice on how to fix these issues, please do let me know. I looked through the settings and didn't find anything, but I may have overlooked something.

I was on the edge about upgrading to 9 Pro from my 6, but I was convinced I made the right decision when OP announced the end of software support for 6. The transition was easy, and I was loving 9 Pro. A few weeks later, OP announced the end of OOS. This was bad news for me because I originally switched to OnePlus after the Nexus line was killed with the intention of retaining a near-stock, undiluted Android experience. .

However, I keep devices for a while, so while I have this phone, any suggestions to help are welcome. I would root and flash, but I don't want to do that while under warranty, so "easy" fixes are appreciated.

Thank you and my apologies for the long post.

2. Z1635780173175
    Donut Jan 24, 2022

Z1635780173175 , Jan 24, 2022 :
    Shame on you OnePlus Developers! I paid you Thousands of dollars for my phone and you should be ashamed to provide these useless "updates" as you call them. I am super frustrated, not able to register my phone with Microsoft Intune for Work emails - and this has been reported by several several users in several threads. Are you going to do something about it?

3. Madhav_Mehta896
    Cupcake Jan 24, 2022

Z1635780173175 likes this.