Something weird happened to my One

1. brittonraya
    Lollipop Aug 4, 2014

brittonraya , Aug 4, 2014 :
    OK the software on the phone is buggy as shit. My WiFi crapped out totally in me I had to restore to factory settings. I'm almost certain its a software problem and not hardware. Cyanogen has always been buggy though. Not sure why I'm so surprised by these irregularities

matty2104 likes this.
  2. keninmec
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2014

keninmec , Aug 4, 2014 :

It's possessed Kill him !! or call an exorcist !!!

3. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Aug 4, 2014

Hanson Lee , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Speaking about factory resets, how does everyone backup their phone data? Preferably without root.

4. jako1988
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

jako1988 , Aug 4, 2014 :
    I would definitely try a factory reset just to see.

5. jako1988
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

jako1988 , Aug 4, 2014 :
    At least I'm not alone in this. Thanks for posting. When did your occurrence happen? And how did you have the phone for till it did?

6. keithnyc
    Moderator Moderator Aug 4, 2014

keithnyc , Aug 4, 2014 :
    I actually think you're spot on porcupine. Most of the oddball issues I tend to have with this phone are all the topside adjustments which CM allows me to make; I'm pretty sure it's causing a conflict on some of my apps, especially those involving notifications.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014

LostPorcupine likes this.
  7. mosesh1185
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

mosesh1185 , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Cyanogen probably turn off the off screen gestures to try and fix the screen sensitivity.

8. C.2.
    Eclair Aug 4, 2014

C.2. , Aug 4, 2014 :
    So, I assume you have not watched Sword Art Online Season 2 yet. You may want to do that if you know what's good for you.

9. B4kken
    Lollipop Aug 4, 2014

B4kken , Aug 4, 2014 :
    I've had similar things happening on my old galaxy s3 and LG g2. Also actually today on my opo(I think) when I was answering a call while driving with Bluetooth on I couldn't get the screen to start so that I only switch to phonespeakers until I let it be for a few seconds(annoying when you're trying to speak)..

It's some kind of a glitch with Android and notification/led flash, I think.. Usually resolves itself if I let it lie down for half a minute or something though. I wouldn't worry too much about it :)

10. brittonraya
    Lollipop Aug 4, 2014

brittonraya , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Actually, I don't use anything at all. I've found that android is now robust and mature so I trust it. Basically I just use my regular native android backup that comes with the software. I deleted everything this morning and added back my gmail and every single thing came back up from my contacts to calendar to apps even my pictures.....

11. chopchopw
    Ice Cream Sandwich Aug 4, 2014

chopchopw , Aug 4, 2014 :
    dont worry. At least it is not randomly freezing and forcing restart. Might either be a software problem or a loose pin connector for the screen. Hopefully just a software bug.

12. donalgodon

donalgodon , Aug 4, 2014 :
    I haven't run 11s for a total of more than two days, so I couldn't comment on it, but I do know that the notifications work fine (as does everything else I've tried) in the CM11 nightlies.

I might switch back to stock if/when the next OTA drops, but for now, I'm cool with 4.4.4 and just manually adding the apks from 11s that I need.

13. iTrollz
    KitKat Aug 4, 2014

iTrollz , Aug 4, 2014 :
    I got my reply back from my ticket today, "Yes ma'am, we're aware of the 5/2.4ghz issue and it should be resolved in a future OTA."

14. jako1988
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

jako1988 , Aug 4, 2014 :
    You mean remotely or through some sort of OTA update because I haven't had any updates since I first started up my phone and there was an OTA out of the box.

Oh I haven't actually. Thanks for letting me know. I might have heard there was a sequel and consequently must have forgotten about it with all this OPO stuff. :D I'll have to let the wife know and get to watching it.

15. jako1988
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

jako1988 , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Do you mean app data/media data or an actual nandroid backup?

16. C.2.
    Eclair Aug 4, 2014

C.2. , Aug 4, 2014 :
    It is most definitely better than the first. ;)

17. Hanson Lee
    Marshmallow Aug 4, 2014

Hanson Lee , Aug 4, 2014 :
    I would prefer to backup my apps... pictures... videos... whatever is in my phone.

What's a nandroid backup? Sorry not really into these things.

18. Marianape

Marianape , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Mine had the same issue, don't know how but it fixed on its own two days ago. Something must be wrong with the notifications though, because everytime I try to mute the WhatsApp groups it fails to do so too (very annoying!). Hope it fixes on its own as it happened with the led.

19. zhaogeorge3
    Jelly Bean Aug 4, 2014

zhaogeorge3 , Aug 4, 2014 :
    Try light manager

20. jako1988
    Honeycomb Aug 4, 2014

jako1988 , Aug 4, 2014 :
    My suggestion would be for you to look at this thread.
    https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/root-guide-oneplus-one-doesnt-wipe-your-data.66270/

The OPO already comes rooted out of the box. It's the bootloader that is locked so you can follow the instructions in that thread to install SuperSU which will let you give root permissions to apps like Titanium Backup so you can back up your app data without going through the traditional rooting process and flashing a custom recovery and wiping your phone. That's what I've done with mine. If you don't want to do that you could also look into using Helium to back up your app data as well.

As for a what is a nandroid backup. It's basically a complete backup of your phone, in other words, a snapshot of everything on your phone as is or like making a backup of your computer to restore if anything happens.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2014