Sony Xperia Z5 Premium, A near complete future proof phone?

1. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Sep 8, 2015

Ceasedd , Sep 8, 2015 :
    I'm not paying crazy money for this shitty phone. No sir.

2. DJMoore
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2015

DJMoore , Sep 8, 2015 :
    I'm just having second thoughts, although I wouldn't buy a phone just because it had a 4k screen, it will no doubt push the battery technology which will be a good thing when it filters into standard handsets.

3. Thursobhoy
    Cupcake Sep 8, 2015

oshiwoshi likes this.
  4. DJMoore
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2015

DJMoore , Sep 8, 2015 :
    My z1 compact is on 5.0.2, my wives current nexus 4 is on 5.1.1.

5. MaxLikesTurtles
    Jelly Bean Sep 8, 2015

MaxLikesTurtles , Sep 8, 2015 :
    I can't even tell the difference between 720p on a 6.1 inch display and a 1440p display on a 6.0 inch device. I could on full brightness, though, but I never use it. I think people that say that they can see a difference in these conditions are either lying,under some placebo, or hold their phones up in front of their faces.

6. strickerz
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 8, 2015

strickerz , Sep 8, 2015 :
    You're absolutely right

7. fgrhuhrg
    Ice Cream Sandwich Sep 8, 2015

fgrhuhrg , Sep 8, 2015 :
    They're slow, but at least they provide updates. You can't compare them to Google phones as no company is as fast as them. In comparison Samsung didn't even provide kitkat to the s3, a more than capable device.
    Thanks for responding

8. Nosoliciting
    Honeycomb Sep 8, 2015

Nosoliciting , Sep 8, 2015 :
    Agreed, with one small caveat, which does not justify the price or mass appeal.
    4k on a phone for viewing normal content is absurd. That said, Sony has implamented some incredible features on their DSLR and mirrorless lineup recently. They wirelessly communicate through the cam to the phone. Either through wireless or nfc. Similarly to what the Eyefi does. Only I can have the raw file come over to the phone. So what. Well, the phone then becomes an external monitor. A 4k external monitor, and yes, that would make a huge difference for picture review. Again, very small market segment but would be a useful tool. Outside of that, just a stroke job for the spec sheet.

9. DJMoore
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2015

DJMoore , Sep 8, 2015 :
    I think the nexus devices are treated a little more special when it comes to updates. My mate has a note3 he's just about to get 5.1.1 and he was gutted the old nexus 4 had it ages ago.

fgrhuhrg likes this.
  10. mwayner
    Lollipop Sep 8, 2015

mwayner , Sep 8, 2015 :
    Still ongoing but slower LOL. My Z Ultra got 5.02 before the OPO and nothing since then. Got excited when they announced an update about a month after the first but all it seemed to do was add a quick clear button to the 'Recents' menu.:rolleyes::D

fgrhuhrg likes this.
  11. Phantom89
    Gingerbread Sep 8, 2015

Phantom89 , Sep 8, 2015 :
    I haven't had an upgrade in a year I believe.I don't really blame them,I known mobile test the update but still...Also sony rapidly brings a new phone every 8 months it gets annoying.

12. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Sep 8, 2015

oneplusonedollarbillyall , Sep 8, 2015 :
    I hope you have a very generous data plan and a huge mobile usb battery pack

13. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Sep 8, 2015

sony fibbed when they said last year they would only release 1 flagship a year....maybe they didn't count the Z3+/Z4 as a release? or maybe that was a vaporware device? i mean who would want that device with all the heat problems?

DJMoore and Phantom89 like this.
  14. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Sep 8, 2015

There is no reason sony phones should NOT have the best camera's, but year after year sony's device releases are never mentioned among phones with best camera. It's always samsung...and this year LG.

OlfakD likes this.
  15. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Sep 8, 2015

I believe the moto x has the same sensor but if i'm wrong please correct me.

16. Ghrrm
    Honeycomb Sep 8, 2015

17. riffraff81
    KitKat Sep 8, 2015

riffraff81 , Sep 8, 2015 :
    if people thought the op2 was hot wait until the Z5 premium spontaneously combusts with a 2.0 clocked CPU.

18. OlfakD
    Jelly Bean Sep 8, 2015

OlfakD , Sep 8, 2015 :
    No it does not Moto X style has the IMX230 and the new xperia line uses an exclusive exmor sensor just for the z5 series

19. OlfakD
    Jelly Bean Sep 8, 2015

OlfakD , Sep 8, 2015 :
    The 11k display Samsung phone lol

Ghrrm likes this.
  20. oneplusonedollarbillyall
    KitKat Sep 8, 2015

The Z5 premium is nothing but a "halo" device for sony to say "look at us we were first to 4K screens on a smartphone"

i'm sure sony understands that few will be willing to shell out the crazy money they are going to demand for it.

DJMoore likes this.