SOOP January 2022 Shadows

1. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Jan 1, 2022

Bouncer71 , Jan 1, 2022 :
    Happy new year fellow Photomaniacs..😁

Yeah, monthly SOOP is back in action..🎉
    And we've got some News for you..😁

I'm exited to introduce one of our newest members of the Community Experts who made it into the backstage crew..
    You probably know him already…!

@TibiTibi

He will not just be rethinking, helping and preselecting photos in various contests, but from now on assisting @cdnfarmer, @script and me to keep the photography section and SOOP contests the happy, fun place you love and grown accustomed to…🤗

And this year we'll step it up a notch also with the help of @hennes, @woSch, @otto2, the OnePlus team and some talented community members..😉

Who knows what will happen..🤷‍♂️

This month we'll have a challenging but doable theme..

20211231_155358_0000.png

What do you say TibiTibi..?

First I want to thank you for the words above. I will try to do my best. So what is a shadow and where can you find it?

A shadow is a projection of any object caused by a light source and appearing on its opposite side. So you can find a shadow almost anywhere where there is at least a little light.
    How you capture the shadow and place it in your photo is a purely personal matter and there are no limits to creativity. And it is the creativity, the idea and the way of capturing that makes the ordinary thing extraordinary.
    So Bouncer did you see any shadow today worth capturing?

Indeed TibiTibi…
    The past weeks were heavily overcast and foggy, so there were no shadows at all. Like a whole dimension missing.
    But one day the clouds broke up and I went for a walk in the sun.
    Crossing a bridge I felt happy to have some depth back in the world around me..

[​IMG]

In the woods I picked up a leaf and started playing around..
    Against the light

[​IMG]

and with the light

[​IMG]

Later that evening, to my surprise, I found ancient cave paintings on my car..😃

[​IMG]

How about you? Did you wander in the realms of shadows lately TibiTibi..? 😁

I have captured some shadow games wiith assistance of my niece. Take a look. It is minimalistic and childish but also creative and tricks your mind. Of course these are far from contest quality but as inspiration could do the job 😁

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

We hope these examples inspire you to explore the world of shadows with us this month.
    And make sure to check the first post after us to get informed about the new rules and the prize your in for.🎉

Your Community Experts
    TibiTibi and Bouncer71 🤗

Update:
    Here's an Link to some hints and inspiration for shadow photography recommend by @BetiK...🤗
    https://iso.500px.com/seven-tips-for-using-shadows-to-elevate-your-photography/

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022 at 11:07 PM

2. script
    Moderator Moderator Jan 3, 2022

Stickied Post
    script , Jan 3, 2022 :
    NEW Contest Rules
    • 4 winners per month who all will receive OnePlus Buds Z2.
    • New: The winners will all be announced at the beginning of the following month.
    • Extra special note from @Crystal Z. and the OnePlus photography team:
      Those who won 3 months or above in one year will be rewarded with a lens for phone (within USD500);
      Those who won 6 months or above will be rewarded with a OnePlus phone.
    • 3 pictures max. per post, 4 posts max. in the whole month.
    • New: the contest thread shall only contain posts with pictures, to reduce the total post number and the chit chat.
    • All pictures have to be taken within the current month, never be older than 4 weeks back. All photos have to be taken with a OnePlus device.
    • State the specific device/ editing software/ hardware (extra lenses)
    • OnePlus reserves the right to request original photo files before fulfilling prizes if plagiarism is suspected. The photos that can not be verified are disqualified.
    • Copyright infringement is strictly prohibited. Users who post pictures that were copied from the internet, or were not taken with a OnePlus device, get a code of conduct warning, plus a reply-ban for the contest for the actual plus the following two months.
    • Terms and Conditions applied.
    How Do We Select Winners?

The pre-selection team consists of: @Bouncer71, @cdnfarmer, @hennes, @otto2, @script, @TibiTibi, and @woSch. We check all pictures of the contest, discuss, which we think are the best, and collect them in a separate thread. Then this group of experts, plus OnePlus staff members, go in a second round through that collection and nominate the 4 or 5 best pictures of the current week. Out of this elite, the final weekly winning picture gets selected. It's really a long and careful process.

Finally, the selected picture has to get checked! Therefore it's needed to contact the person that has posted the picture, ask him or her to send in the original uncompressed file, to get the EXIF data checked. Only after that final check, the winning picture can be announced in the forum. And again, it's never settle.

Additional Reading

3. script
    Moderator Moderator Jan 1, 2022

script , Jan 1, 2022 :
    Good morning all, and Happy New Year.

Today and tomorrow we all can post unlimited greetings and comments here, as it's a special date. Let's celebrate the beginning of 2022, the new contest, and ofc, the new rules and prizes.

We're looking forward to the photos. Promised:)

4. McJader
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G Writers' Club Jan 1, 2022

McJader , Jan 1, 2022 :
    Love the new look and the new theme for the photo contests, happy to see it being hosted by a community member 😊
    This is also awesome!:D

5. mchaw
    Honeycomb Jan 1, 2022

mchaw , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Jan 1, 2022 :
    Happy New Year, everyone. Thanks for the wonderful SOOP theme this month.

jlasensiofi, otto2, atenaa and 3 others like this.
  6. nerdkabir
    The Lab² - Oclean X Pro Elite Reviewer Jan 1, 2022

7. nerdkabir
    The Lab² - Oclean X Pro Elite Reviewer Jan 1, 2022

nerdkabir , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Jan 1, 2022 :
    Happy New year to you and the entire team too. Wish you all an amazing year 2022. Lots of love, peace, good health and success.

8. Girish.Pranav
    Jelly Bean Jan 1, 2022

9. ParamK.
    Moderator Moderator Jan 1, 2022

ParamK. , Jan 1, 2022 :
    Great Contest and Idea to showcase the SOOP. Good luck everyone who is and will be participating.

10. DarshanMeniya
    OnePlus TV Product Ninja 2021 Jan 1, 2022

DarshanMeniya , Jan 1, 2022 :
    Happy New Year OnePlus Family!

Thank you for awesome theme.

My first shot of 2022, Captured on 01/01/2022 , Shot on OnePlus 9 Pro, Unedited, Uncroped, Direct from camera lens.

“All the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow.” — Leo Tolstoy

Title: "Light, Shadow, Love & Never Settle"

Picture 01
    Shot on OnePlus 9 Pro, Edited on Snapseed, Compressed on YalmCo.
    IMG_20220101_152917-01-01_001.jpg

Picture 02
    Shot on OnePlus 9 Pro, Unedited, Compressed on YalmCo.
    IMG_20220101_152739_001.jpg

Picture 03
    Shot on OnePlus 9 Pro, Unedited, Compressed on YalmCo.
    IMG_20220101_152917_001.jpg
    Thank you, Never Settle

Last edited: Jan 2, 2022

11. DeepakAka
    Froyo Jan 1, 2022

12. psygarden
    The Lab Reviewer - OnePlus 9RT 5G Jan 1, 2022

13. kushal__12
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 1, 2022

14. woSch
    Photography Expert Jan 1, 2022

woSch , Jan 1, 2022 :
    Onother year casts its shadows ahead... Cheers 2o22...
    IMG_20211231_235256-01.jpeg
    ... looking forward for challenging monthlies and plenty of nice and high quality contributions... have fun with the hobby that connects all of us... Photography 🙏🏻😀🙋🏻‍♂️

15. atenaa
    Lollipop Jan 1, 2022

atenaa , Jan 1, 2022 :
    Hurray!! 🙌 SOOP is back!! 😀 And the theme is Fantastic! 👍

Congrats @Bouncer71 for hosting the renewed and first 2022 SOOP! 🙌
    Welcome @TibiTibi to the, well deserved, official role as Photography Expert! 👏👏

This is amazing!! 😀Thank you so much @Crystal Z. ! 👍

Very well on this new rules! 👍👍This way the thread only contains whats important, the photos! We can show our admiration for the photos by doing "like" to the posts. Congratulating the winners, we can wait for the end of the contest. :)
    @script , @Bouncer71 and all the mods, I hope you will not need a special mop. 😅

I understand it like this: this month the photos can be from this month (January), the last week of November and the month of December. Am I seeing this right?

Good luck everyone and Happy New Year!! ☺️

I promise to shut up from now on! 🤐:D

16. mario_luigi
    Jelly Bean Jan 1, 2022

17. hbk1402
    Beta Tester of the Year Award 2021 Jan 2, 2022

18. cdnfarmer
    Moderator, Photography Expert Moderator Jan 2, 2022

19. hennes
    YaImCo Developer Jan 2, 2022

20. hbk1402
    Beta Tester of the Year Award 2021 Jan 2, 2022

hbk1402 , Jan 2, 2022 :
    Just to avoid assumptions and confusions, can you also announce the start and end dates of the week.

21. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Community Expert Jan 2, 2022

Bouncer71 , Jan 2, 2022 :
    Thanks for catching @hbk1402...!👍
    That slipped through proofreading somehow....😅
    There aren't going to be weekly winners anymore.

1641111507961.jpg

Internally we'll still be pre-selecting on a weekly basis to keep the workload for our team manageable. The final selection of the 4 winners out of all candidates will then be done the first week of the following month...

@script can you correct please...😘