Sorry for the delay guys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishmanSteen
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2015

IrishmanSteen , Sep 26, 2015 :
    It takes a brave person to admit such a fault in so much detail but at least you're trying to bring people a quality product. I admit, the waiting list number's system is frustrating but hopefully it won't be too long before I get an invite. My friend has the OPO which I was really impressed by so I do look forward to getting my hands on the OPT. Plus my GS5 recently dropped and stopped displaying so the sooner I get the OPT, the better... ;)

2. satishpandlapati
    Cupcake Sep 26, 2015

3. skunknode
    Eclair Sep 26, 2015

skunknode , Sep 26, 2015 :
    @Carl -- How about sending out invites to people and then not letting them use them. That's a really bad way of doing thing. You say on the oneplus.net/inites page that
    "Invites are sent out on a rolling basis and will only become more plentiful as time goes by. An invite guarantees that you will be able to buy a OnePlus 2."

But the forums are running wild with people just like me, who received an Invite and are unable to purchase the phone b/c the website says "Out of Stock, requires an invite to buy."

I thought you guys said the invite process would be smoother with the two, not worse than the process with the One...

4. gowthaman9
    Froyo Sep 29, 2015

gowthaman9 , Sep 29, 2015 :
    I don't game much, but to test performance I downloaded some games + played them for a while and the battery was no issue. Heating was nonexistent, I felt no difference in performance multitasking + playing.

5. Terry Ismail
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2015

Terry Ismail , Sep 29, 2015 :

6. Terry Ismail
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2015

Terry Ismail , Sep 29, 2015 :
    I appreciate your honesty and it's something we all face in our business. It's always great to see someone to go out and say we stuffed up and not hide and leave people stranded.
    Carl it would be great if you can give us enough notice so we can be ready for the hour that you mentioned.
    Hopefully we get to use the phone and all will be forgotten...

7. L60N
    Cupcake Sep 29, 2015

L60N , Sep 29, 2015 :
    Is there an average time somebody will likely be waiting on an invite or is it simply a lottery?

8. montgoma
    Eclair Sep 30, 2015

montgoma , Sep 30, 2015 :
    Order cancelled, no explanation.

Called customer support. "Sorry, we do not ship to P.O. Boxes". Why didn't you kick the order before it was placed or contact me to correct the problem? "Sorry, we do not ship to P.O. Boxes" I want a new invite. We will see if we can get you a new one. 3 days later I received the invite. 5 days after second order, received the phone. Very happy, functions great. Be prepared that when you activate at AT&T they have no clue what this phone is and are very unhelpful. Said it wouldn't work....no guarantees.....wouldn't set it up properly........had to set it to the proper APN myself and modify the APN myself so it would receive mms texts. very unhappy with AT&T, which is really One Plus' fault, since they should give SOME training to their biggest network that is supposed to "know" these phones.

9. Zlock12
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2015

Zlock12 , Sep 30, 2015 :
    Just get the Sim card it will work on AT&T

10. shuffy10
    Gingerbread Sep 30, 2015

daracsy likes this.
  11. montgoma
    Eclair Sep 30, 2015

montgoma , Sep 30, 2015 :
    We did that. They Changed the APN to the wrong one and would not help after installing the SIM. They kept quoting the AT&T mantra "the phone and messaging will work, but we cannot guarantee the internet will work" and actually texting will work, but not sending pics thru MMS. add "HIPRI" to the APN line "APN TYPE"....should read 'default,supl,mms,hipri"......then you will be able to receive pics thru texting on the AT&T network.

12. Zlock12
    Cupcake Sep 30, 2015

13. Kismeras
    Froyo Sep 30, 2015

Kismeras , Sep 30, 2015 :
    It seems nearly impossible to get in touch with anyone there, so i'm posting here. I got the latest 2.1 update and now my phone sucks!

The screen is unresponsive. Sometimes it takes several times to press an icon or a letter when in text mode.

The phone got slower. Apps don't launch as fast as they used to.

The Panoramic mode in the camera doesn't work. I try to take a panoramic shot and it fails with an error message every time, "Capture stopped because of large vertical displacement". I've never had this issue with any other phone.

Facebook app crashes and is unusable. When I open the app it closes after about 2 seconds.

Please fix these issues or offer refunds. I'm very dissatisfied with this phone and company as a whole.

14. mitesh5878
    Donut Oct 1, 2015

mitesh5878 , Oct 1, 2015 :
    Haiiii, finally got invite from one of the friend who got frusted and got another phone....Got phone two days back.... working great... just checking and waiting to share experience.... happpyyyyyy.

15. vinc1402
    Eclair Oct 3, 2015

vinc1402 , Oct 3, 2015 :
    I shared on Facebook, Twitter and got position about 1.5 miljon.

Placed my link on advertising Google for 15 euro, bumped to position position to 4100. This is now 2 weeks ago and I still got no invite, just another week or I'm sadly forced to look into another phone. Waiting for over a month now without any promise...

Deactivated User likes this.
  16. montgoma
    Eclair Oct 3, 2015

montgoma , Oct 3, 2015 :
    There is NO rhyme or reason to their invite system. Rather disappointed with the system. VERY disappointed with the company......bunch of AMATEURS working for a start up company, that think they have discovered the PERFECT way to market their products. My guess is that their customers will let it happen AGAIN on the OnePlusTwo, but if they continue this system into the OnePlusThree (or what ever they call will call it) they will lose BIG TIME. Some other company will start offering better phones and better pricing, and OnePlus will lose ALL of their market share. Additionally, with NO technical support from OnePlus or their service providers, people will find that the price of the phone is not such a bargain after all. They must grow ALL of the company, not just the manufacturing and sales.

17. joem01
    Gingerbread Oct 3, 2015

joem01 , Oct 3, 2015 :
    The part about AT&T isn't guaranteed. I popped my Sim into the phone, which was used in an HTC M8, a OPO, and an S6, then this, without any issues at all.

18. mikeky
    Cupcake Oct 7, 2015

mikeky , Oct 7, 2015 :
    Hi Carl,
    Thanks for your humbleness, candor, & accountability.
    Sadly, these qualities are often lacking in many large companies today.
    One day OnePlus will grow large too. . .
    Never Settle -- Integrity matters !

19. kannan P
    Cupcake Oct 12, 2015

kannan P , Oct 12, 2015 :
    Thats a great news. We all support this decisions and one more fact need to be improved that customer support and service to be improved in India which is more ridiculous and difficult to reach you in case of problems and emergencies. So good going.

20. manaketo
    Cupcake Oct 13, 2015

manaketo , Oct 13, 2015 :
    That meant not many phones were sold. Will there be another open sales soon.