Sorry Oneplus, but you have no headphone jack

1. KeepTransisting
    The Lab - OnePlus 7 Pro Reviewer Aug 4, 2019

KeepTransisting , Aug 4, 2019 :
    There's already wireless codecs that are more than good enough. aptX HD has a high enough bitratb for streaming audio services, and Sony's LDAC is high bitrate enough for lossless audio, like FLAC

Discostu and Georgeoneplus7pro like this.
  2. G_android_x14
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2019

G_android_x14 , Aug 5, 2019 :
    Because the USB-C port with an adapter works fine? Because I also have BT earbuds? No reason to want something that is superfluous.

3. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Aug 5, 2019

Sridhar Ananthanarayanan , Aug 5, 2019 :
    Superfluous? The headphone jack isn't there for aesthetics.

Whether you have use for it or not is your personal choice. The jack being there is very useful for those who do not have a wireless headphone, and doesn't cause inconvenience to anyone who has already moved on to wireless solutions.

4. exis_tenz
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2019

Budruel likes this.
  5. G_android_x14
    Gingerbread Aug 5, 2019

G_android_x14 , Aug 5, 2019 :
    you asked why anyone would not want this jack, so I answered.

maybe redundant would be a better word? Although I think superfluous fits better. it has nothing to do with aesthetics though. The usbc dongle makes 3.5mm headsets fit fine.

6. Budruel
    KitKat Aug 5, 2019

Budruel , Aug 5, 2019 :
    The connector occupies a "large" space inside the phone. If you ask me I think it is something clearly from the past, unnecessary since there are alternatives, adapter, USB Type-C headphones and bluetooth.

3 damn options!

In return there may be a larger battery or other technologies inside the phone.

You defend the indefensible, but do not worry, throughout history, with each new breakthrough, there have always been detractors who wanted to stay as before.

How lucky you are that those who did not want electricity were ignored!
    A06.gif

otto2 and pablofg1978 like this.
  7. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Aug 5, 2019

I'm not defending the removal of it. I have always been in favor of moving ahead with technology and whatever that it entails/ requires.

As with OnePlus phones, what exactly did they improve or come up with by removing the jack? Other companies like Samsung, Asus, and others have managed to cramp in more hardware without removing the jack.

8. Budruel
    KitKat Aug 5, 2019

Budruel , Aug 5, 2019 :
    700mha of battery?

9. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Aug 5, 2019

Not that much. But about 400 mAh. But then you also get a bigger screen, negating some of the benefits. So the headphone jack was skipped only to get a very marginal improvement in battery life. Given the official response on why they didn't fit in a larger battery, i.e. warp (or dash) charging, they might have as well included the jack. Had they included a significantly larger battery (~5000 mAh), that would have been a different story.

10. Budruel
    KitKat Aug 5, 2019

Budruel , Aug 5, 2019 :
    The pop-up camera also takes up space, stereo speaker and fingerprint under the screen. And there was a fingerprint before, but the space was taken advantage of in another way. Of one thing I am sure, if oneplus or another company could put a sauna and a truck inside the phone sure they would have done it, or is there a lot of free space inside the phone?

11. Sridhar Ananthanarayanan
    Lollipop Aug 5, 2019

You are confusing OnePlus 7 Pro features with the regular variant. We are comparing the OnePlus 6 with the 6T/ 7.

12. Budruel
    KitKat Aug 5, 2019

Budruel , Aug 5, 2019 :
    Thread Maker

nkurichiyanil likes this.
  13. Dirk66
    Froyo Aug 6, 2019

Dirk66 , Aug 6, 2019 :
    you can keep complaining and complaining....it's a returning frustration for months and maybe for more then a year.. many brands moving away from that Jack. You know and everybody know that op7 pro has no Jack and prob. never will come back.
    it's not funny anymore knowing that some still have to vent their disappointment about that Jack.
    One day when you bought your other brand with a jack will move also to one without a jack.

14. G_manrique_ramirez_wdwo
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2019

G_manrique_ramirez_wdwo , Aug 6, 2019 :
    well since you can't move on it's gonna suck for you since every big manufacturer is dropping it besides those shitty Chinese brands

Fidel Catto likes this.
  15. Loveit
    Jelly Bean Aug 6, 2019

Loveit , Aug 6, 2019 :
    Racist

Budruel likes this.
  16. Fidel Catto
    Gingerbread Aug 6, 2019