SOT not getting reset via OnePlus 8T

1. banandhi
    Gingerbread Feb 21, 2021

banandhi , via OnePlus 8T , Feb 21, 2021 :
    Running the latest OOS build 11.0.7.9, the SOT is supposed to get reset after charging the battery till 90%, but it's not happening so. I have to recharge the phone everytime to 100% in order to get the SOT reset to Zero.

Is it an issue with my phone alone?. Is there a workaround available to reset the SOT manually?

2. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Feb 21, 2021

the_o2 , Feb 21, 2021 :
    No, I think after 92% or something it getting reset and someone even mentioned it getting reset on Sundays.
    Mine got reset on 98% today but today is Sunday as well so not sure.

Nope.

3. banandhi
    Gingerbread Feb 21, 2021

said:
    Getting reset on every Sunday, haven't heard of that in any of the other Android devices and even in my 5T it gets reset exactly after reaching 90%. In my 8T it isn't getting reset in the 90's, but after reaching 100% for sure.
    Is this a hardware issue? or a software issue?, Do you know the reason on why this happens only with 8t. I have checked with my friends who have got OP devices right from 6 to 8 pro and they don't seem to have this issue in any of their devices

4. the_o2
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Feb 21, 2021

5. banandhi
    Gingerbread Feb 21, 2021

I know that this issue has been existing in the previous builds, but thought the new OOS build would have resolved, So looks like this issue hasn't been fixed as of yet and is existing both for Nord users and 8t users on multiple OOS builds

6. eastbay
    KitKat Feb 21, 2021

eastbay , via OnePlus 8T T-Mobile , Feb 21, 2021 :
    I've that issue on my last phone. I cleaned all plugs. I reset it it. I made sure it was not on battery saver. Cleared cache. I got an update then it worked normal again. No rhyme or reason. 🤞🙏🏻👊🏻

7. psygarden , via OnePlus 8T Aquamarine Green , Feb 22, 2021 :
    This issue started since 11.0.6.x
    Just a software issue just like the translation in Battery Settings in hrs and mins. Hopefully the devs notice it and fix this soon.

8. SaveEarth
    Gingerbread Feb 22, 2021

SaveEarth , via OnePlus 8T Lunar Silver , Feb 22, 2021 :
    No it get reset at 💯% only

9. Liehjan
    Marshmallow Feb 22, 2021

Liehjan , Feb 22, 2021 :
    I have never owned a OnePlus phone where SOT get reset on anything else than a full charge... It's the most logical thing to reset it at 100%.