Sound diffuser dome for the OnePlus One

1. Randal_G
    Donut Mar 16, 2015

Randal_G , Mar 16, 2015 :
    Hi everyone,

I would like to present you my idea of a sound diffuser accessory for the OnePlus One which joins both my passion for architecture as well as for music.

I was inspired by the dome on top of the Duomo di Santa Maria del Fiore in Firenze (Italy) which was built in the 15th century by architect and engineer Filippo Brunelleschi and is currently the largest masonry self-sustaining structure ever built by man.

Take a look at how it looks like when "closed" compared to the original one:

1. Dome+base - closed.jpg

Original dome.jpg

And this is what it look like when open and diffusing awesome music through my OPO:

7. Dome+base+OPO - side.JPG

The interior of the dome has been designed with a parabolic curvature in order to concentrate, reflect and convey the sound waves emitted by the OPO speakers, thus providing unprecedented virtual amplification.

If you want to check out the full list of features this is the LINK where you can find all the information and download the 3D files to physically build it.

Just if you're wondering so...yes I'm running the OPO+Ultimaker contest so if you like it just let me know by clicking on the "Favorite" button. Thank you! ;)

2. Jetz71
    Froyo Mar 16, 2015