Sound issue One Plus 55U1 TV (2020 model) via OnePlus 3 Graphite

1. SahilJindal01 , via OnePlus 3 Graphite , Jul 29, 2020 :
    Experienced sound issue. Issue is when I am connected via optical Tosslink cable with external speaker and headphones via bluetooth. The volume level is not loud enough. Had to set valume to 60 to hear and understand dialogues on speakers and 90 on bluetooth. The problem can be experienced more when streaming on prime videos and Hotstar. Yes, on Netflix it is much better. To test it watch avengers on hotstar. I could hardly hear dialogues from avengers on hotstar and had to push volume to 80 but then also it wasn't clear and background volume was too much. Tried equilizer settings and Dolby dialogue enhancer.

My verdict is software issue. Earlier I thought that the speakers of the 55U1 are really bad but it is not an hardware issue. There is issue in software and there is a need for optimization. I feel other than Netflix for other apps one plus hasn't optimised its hardware.

Please suggest any fix which can be applied. Headphones used Sennheiser 4.50 btnc. Speakers used Altec Lansing ATP3.

2. Venky61
    OnePlus TV Expert Community Expert Aug 3, 2020

Venky61 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    How are you controlling TV volume when connected to Sound System by optical Cable. Changing TV volume should not effect the speaker's volume at all.

3. SahilJindal01 , via OnePlus 3 Graphite , Aug 3, 2020 :
    It does. I don't know why but it does.

4. Venky61

Venky61 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Strange... May be your speaker system takes the input as a Aux like the PC speakers do.

5. SahilJindal01 , via OnePlus 3 Graphite , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Maybe but it is also strange that volume levels of both tv and computer when connected to speakers have huge difference.

6. Venky61

Venky61 , Aug 3, 2020 :
    Can you keep the Speaker's volume to 100 and then control with the TV's volume? Because both are different just like in PC.