Sound quality in opx

1. kalniel
    Froyo Nov 12, 2015

kalniel , Nov 12, 2015 :
    The right hole houses the microphone if I remember correctly.

billq and ruben7suarez like this.
  2. ruben7suarez
    Froyo Nov 12, 2015

ruben7suarez , Nov 12, 2015 :
    Oh, thanks! I'm a fool xD

3. CurveHunter
    Donut Nov 12, 2015

CurveHunter , Nov 12, 2015 :
    Yeah, it only has one speaker but the design makes you think you got stereo... sneaky little guys :D

4. yetiweston
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 12, 2015

yetiweston , Nov 12, 2015 :
    No issues from my end, its loud enough when using the speaker and good sound using headphones as well.

Lucile038 likes this.
  5. rrss_1005
    Eclair Nov 12, 2015

rrss_1005 , Nov 12, 2015 :
    Sound quality of the ONE Plus X is very good:) , Yes it's right there is no Audio Tuner app like Oneplus 2. But if you are using Google Play for music you can use Equalizer - Play > Setting > Equalizer (Adjust audio settings).

6. doublear
    Jelly Bean Nov 12, 2015

7. arty
    Cupcake Nov 20, 2015

arty , Nov 20, 2015 :
    Sound quality is just acceptable. I've got bother Oneplus 2 and X. It is not only about loudness that is poor on X especially with headphones but calls as well. Try to use really good quality headset and then X gives you poor quality of sound. I like the OLED screen of the phone but sound completely ex lures the phone from use. You can buy better phone at that price from China. I just wander is it the firmware issue or bad hardware. The Oxygen on X is different and I think worse that 2 version.

8. Klint.21
    Cupcake Nov 21, 2015

Klint.21 , Nov 21, 2015 :
    Headphones sound quality on the OPX is down right pathetic. Tried different manufactures but it seems to be a software driver issues with the OPX

Zakbrownz likes this.
  9. amir15
    Cupcake Nov 30, 2015

amir15 , Nov 30, 2015 :
    Hey Guys, my in call sound just dropped few days ago! there is no where to change any setting as far as i searched. the loud speaker works fine but when someone calls i have to escape to somewhere quiet to be able to hear him. is there any workaround other than returning the phone?

10. kalniel
    Froyo Nov 30, 2015

kalniel , Nov 30, 2015 :
    The volume for different apps seems to be independent. When next on a phone call try using the rocker buttons to increase the volume.

billq likes this.
  11. MR13AMAZiNG
    Eclair Nov 30, 2015

MR13AMAZiNG , Nov 30, 2015 :
    We must both be using different phones. Honestly, the headphone sound quality of my OPX is ******* amazing. Much better than my previous phone which was the Moto G and comparable to the sound quality coming from my laptop, maybe even better.

Lucile038 and billq like this.
  12. billq
    Jelly Bean Nov 30, 2015

billq , Nov 30, 2015 :
    Yes your right . it is all.one sided I tried it on my opx . I think it's because its only one speaker possibly .I did a simple search and discovered this .

13. billq
    Jelly Bean Nov 30, 2015

billq , Nov 30, 2015 :
    Just add one from app store. Try blackp player its good on my opx

14. Lucile038
    Eclair Nov 30, 2015

Lucile038 , Nov 30, 2015 :
    I really do not experience the same issue. My headphones might not be the best available on the market (though it has awesome stereo quality and I expect it to be at least decent considered it was worth 80€) but sound is way loud enough at a bit below the middle of the sound level bar. On the other hand, I find the sound a bit "metallic". Can't say where this comes from (the phone? My headset?). But still pretty nice.
    I listened mostly to rock and pop music on it. The sound rendering is way better I think with electro. I will try some more classical music to get a better idea of the sound quality.
    I come from a Moto X, which sound was really great.

billq likes this.
  15. meatandy
    Oreo Nov 30, 2015

Lucile038 and MR13AMAZiNG like this.
  16. Woodturner
    Cupcake Jan 9, 2016

Woodturner , Jan 9, 2016 :
    Can anyone tell me why the video and audio are not synchronized, it us bad using VLC, BS media, YouTube.
    If I can't find a solution soon I will give up the OPX and go back to the Nexus 4.

17. KatMiku
    Honeycomb Jan 9, 2016

KatMiku , Jan 9, 2016 :
    I swapped in my old iPhone 5s for a OPX, I always used the speaker while doing dishes or something and used Spotify/Apple music on high quality with Sony MDR-XB50AP in ear headphones.

Straight off the bat I can say the speaker in the OPX is way worse then the speaker in my old 5s, anything over 50% volume gets too much unless its a soft piano song or something but don't think about rap/bass music or rock, I always rocked my 5s speaker at about 80% and it sounded fine in every song, on my OPX i'm more inclined to go to 60% quite fast cause the sound gets really hollow and tinny, some songs go fine but not everything.

Then moving to the 3.5mm jack and my same old setup of Spotify songs stored offline in 320kbps and Apple Music in high quality.
    Straight off the bat it is a lot more quiet on max volume compared to my 5s, I know loud music damages hearing but this is subpar for a 269 phone and the output power reminds me of those old 20 euro mp3 players you can pick up at any toy store 10 years ago.

I get decent bass and stuff but that's down to the Extra Bass technology in these Sony ears, if I listen to something in terms of Adele or similar I notice the highs and trebles are lacking, pretty bad.
    I don't feel the immersion I got on my iPhone when she hits the chorus and high notes cause the volume doesn't go as loud and the power is not in the device to push my Sony's to the max of the decibel range they say on the box.

Having said all that, the sound over 3.5mm is acceptable if your headphones are at least semi decent, I don't got low budget phones to compare it to and can only compare to an iPhone 5s, Galaxy S6 and Xperia Z3 Compact.
    For me personally I can live with the output for the moment, but next time for me personally I will invest in a phone that gets better audio output since I listen to music easily 1.5 hours a day.

I took a leap of faith on this device cause I knew the OPO had decent audio and so did the OP2, and using an old Snapdragon 801 chip, lack of 5Ghz Wi-Fi and the mediocre camera I didn't think they would skimp out on the DAC in the OPX but looks like they did.

San.opx likes this.
  18. TheSery73
    Froyo Jan 10, 2016

TheSery73 , Jan 10, 2016 :
    Omg guys you're really scaring me, and the phone is arriving this Wednesday...
    First the camera not achieving 30 fps in low light, no 5ghz WiFi, bad performance in games and now this?
    The camera issue maybe can be fixed with an update, same with the games but the 3.5 jack sound... And don't tell me that it's a 250$ phone because I know that.

19. OZKny
    Gingerbread Jan 10, 2016

OZKny , Jan 10, 2016 :
    I think its good. Not mind blowing, but it gets the job done. I don't have any head/earphones that are considered top tier, but they're driven well by the OPX. I use the Photive BTH3 (they're BT, but I use them wired quite a bit) and the Sony XBA-H1.

20. RJ Murdok
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 10, 2016