Speed Test Brother V Brother 6Gb V 8GB; Battle OF The Pink Screens

1. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 5, 2018

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  2. izzykasha
    Lollipop Jun 5, 2018

izzykasha , Jun 5, 2018 :

malidan

Yeah Yeah, I will stay on the forum until the OP9, the temptation will be too much

The Tech demon in you will overthrow the prudent when the OP9 comes with:
    QHD
    QI
    4000 mAh battery
    UDFP
    Stereo speakers
    SD
    Dual front cam
    A camera that works all the time.
    IP68
    256GB standard
    8Gb standard
    10.bit panel
    Some certification.
    I can imagine you now licking your lips with anticipation.​

are you calling @NeVeR_SeTTLe a dribbler or a window licker??

I'll have that for £400 please

3. NeVeR_SeTTLe
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 5, 2018

NeVeR_SeTTLe , Jun 5, 2018 :
    Nope. There will always be a better phone then the OnePlus 9. Now I'm waiting till the OnePlus 9T :D

malidan likes this.
  4. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 5, 2018

malidan , Jun 5, 2018 :
    Definately the former and that £400 is going to look like £600+

5. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Jun 5, 2018

Cheetosdust , Jun 5, 2018 :
    I can assure you the panel on my phone is not that pink. I would make sure to write about it if it was.

As I wrote it is the first panel on a OnePlus device I own that's completely uniform when looking at a solid gray background.

6. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 7, 2018

Last edited: Jun 7, 2018

ilovesoneplus and TheSpoken like this.
  7. lutti
    KitKat Jun 7, 2018

lutti , Jun 7, 2018 :
    I had to check my screen if it was pink but no i couldn't find anything as white in my house so it's perhaps this guys video that makes it look pink.

Budruel likes this.
  8. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 7, 2018

malidan , Jun 7, 2018 :
    Like all the other video's? Like the G7.
    Looks like there are some dodgy screens out there to me.;)
    Oh the G7 looks pretty fast In this video despite the reviewer having to move his finger twice the distance to tap the G7, I've never seen anything like it.:tearsofjoy:
    On the Google internet search the G7 won easily, he couldn't fake that one.:D

ilovesoneplus likes this.
  9. lutti
    KitKat Jun 8, 2018

lutti , Jun 8, 2018 :
    Well we both know it would look that way to you. ;)

10. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 8, 2018

malidan , Jun 8, 2018 :
    Lol pink is pink, Let me remind you.

Screenshot_20180524-194934_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20180604-171808_YouTube.jpg
    I'm not too sure what this has to do with me.:p

11. lutti
    KitKat Jun 10, 2018

12. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 10, 2018

malidan , Jun 10, 2018 :
    Wow I guess you think those pink screens are white, yeah.
    Hater proaganda:tearsofjoy:

13. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 10, 2018

Dunnow , Jun 10, 2018 :
    Man, I really do not see it pink, maybe to the warm side of white, but not even 10% close to what you are posting

https://imgur.com/a/e57Z2gp

In the album above there's 2 angles per each screen calibration offered in the 6

Sharing the default one in here because fair is fair and most people will not toggle any other mode.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

SGS6 edge - OnePlus 6 - Nexus 5

All on max brightness

14. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 10, 2018

Dunnow , Jun 10, 2018 :
    Photos by OnePlus 2 btw, just in case... you never know when the phone will be bias towards his brother xD

15. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 11, 2018

malidan , Jun 11, 2018 :
    Well you know how it goes, there was a small amount of mind screen that everybody saw on the S8.
    But despite there being pink screen all over YouTube on a OP device nobody see it. I know my OP5 screen was a long way from being white and aired on the warm side as some and call it.
    This is white
    Screenshot_20180611-003353_YouTube.jpg
    IMG_20170423_020452_629.jpg
    Everybody called this pink last year, so what's changed now?

Screenshot_20180611-002921_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20180604-171808_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20180524-194934_YouTube.jpg

16. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 11, 2018

Dunnow , Jun 11, 2018 :
    I don't know man, maybe it's a bad batch, maybe it's how the youtuber did the color correction, maybe it's a shitty white balance on the camera they used, maybe the phone is like that for real, I just can speak for mine, and you have the pictures of it above.

Bluetooth did finally connect with the car btw, maybe it just was retarded last time I tried, what did today though, is pick up the call from the car and reproduce the audio through the phone... ehm... whut? xD

Will test a bit more tomorrow.

As far as I can say most real issues with the phone are basically slow motion being way too pixelated and focus hunting on video mode (seems more prominent on DJI GO app from what I read, though, it happens to me on stock camera too)

other stuff are just minor details on the SW, like the battery % or the lack of automatic DnD and all. Luckily oneplus is not the same as 3 years ago and we do have updates for real, and not just a secu patch (if even)

Not that I think things should've not been there properly from the start, but well, at least they do iterate over stuff.

My only concern about the screen is the fact it has a lower pixel count for the time we are in and the price we are paying, but that's where they cut a big piece of the price to profit more I would assume.

Lets see if they can manage to implement video output on the usb at some point...

17. lutti
    KitKat Jun 11, 2018

lutti , Jun 11, 2018 :
    So you find couple of videos or pictures where the screen looks pink and you think that's going to convince me or others? It's probably just shitty camera equipment or settings that those videos or pictures were shot with or just a couple of bad screens. The fact that masses are not reporting this as a problem and no one seems to have a pink screen on their 6 tells everyone how the things really are.

You are well known in trying to trash talk OnePlus. I never understood why someone would make a hobby out of that but no matter why you are doing it you are doing it. So i'm sure everyone just knows you are full of sh*t and pretty much just ignore you.

vwite likes this.
  18. Dunnow
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Jun 11, 2018

Dunnow , Jun 11, 2018 :
    I wouldn't go as far as you on that last line, he does raise valid points many times.

or shows devices that can match hardware wise at prices way lower than OP sells, just to prove OP does not really get a "fair cut" but quite a big one

malidan likes this.
  19. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 11, 2018

malidan , Jun 11, 2018 :
    I ain't trying to convince you of anything:tearsofjoy:
    Your can't teach a fool anythng. You say the camera done it, then why ain't the other phones screens pink too?
    The irrational mind of a fanboy speaks.:rolleyes:

I didn't ask you about your screen or ask anyone else about their screen, I posted pink screens and they are pink end of. You convince yourself it's white and try to tell me it's white? :rolleyes:
    Any rational person would say, those screens look pink luckily mine ain't, but no not a OP fan.:rolleyes:
    If you feel the need to make yourself look like an idiot to defend OP carry on, I will not stand in your way.:rolleyes:
    Who needs to trash talk OP when agian:
    Bootloader is vulnerable
    Bluetooth drops
    4G drops
    Camera , focus wobbles
    Dust in camera's
    No thermal protection
    So called waterproofing
    Etc etc etc
    I suppose I made that up too:rolleyes:
    Looking for backup yeah, with " you're well known" you say that everytime like a parrot.:tearsofjoy:

20. malidan
    Marshmallow Jun 11, 2018

malidan , Jun 11, 2018 :
    The more you look the more you see, so yeah the bad batch ain't far wrong it has happened on every single device( a batch of screen issues that is )