Spent 20+ hours making my smash the past video, what do you guys think?

1. Fekadusa
    Donut May 1, 2014

Fekadusa , May 1, 2014 :
    This is the original wording by OnePlus:

"OnePlus reserves the right to disqualify any video submission for any reason, in its sole and absolute discretion. OnePlus is not liable for any damage done to phones that are damaged in disqualified videos."

In other words, even if you get the invitation for doing a smash video, nobody has any guaranteed right for getting a great mobile @1€, but 1+ has the right to use your video!! I would never accept such fuzzy terms.

2. oaklandnative
    Honeycomb May 1, 2014

oaklandnative , May 1, 2014 :
    100% agree. He really should have been a bit more clear in the beginning with his explanation, but everyone needs to chill out and stop calling each other idiots.

That includes @pfef, though I do understand his frustration. He put a lot of effort into making the video (which is awesome I think) and everyone attacked him. I think this thread would have been a lot different if he was more clear about his explanation though.

3. G.Mc.Os
    Honeycomb May 1, 2014

G.Mc.Os , May 1, 2014 :
    I believe you DESERVE it !!! btw ... great choice of soundtrack too ...

adamnelson64 likes this.
  4. kookoo89
    Honeycomb May 1, 2014

kookoo89 , May 1, 2014 :
    It's a good video but you didn't follow the video rules. One frame, need to prove the phone is working before it's smashed ect.

5. Cuerex
    KitKat May 1, 2014

Cuerex , May 1, 2014 :
    this_compilation.gif

/thread

6. anbustx
    Ice Cream Sandwich May 1, 2014

anbustx , May 1, 2014 :
    Awesome video good job....I guess cats do land on there feet lolz love how you just toss your cat to the side.

7. SwoonJoon
    Honeycomb May 1, 2014

SwoonJoon , May 1, 2014 :
    Video was pretty good actually, but you won't get any luckier than the rest of us. As for a phone to use, it looks like you have the money for one.

8. buzzam

9. plgeek
    Eclair May 1, 2014

10. Meibrah
    Donut May 1, 2014

Meibrah , May 1, 2014 :
    Nicely done video editing and track, but those are the only positive thing. o_O

11. oaklandnative
    Honeycomb May 1, 2014

oaklandnative , May 1, 2014 :
    I bet that's just something their lawyers made them say. They are not going to disqualify any video if it really satisfies all the rules. If they do, they will lose tons of customers, including me.

12. Mr 8
    Eclair May 1, 2014

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014

13. likebutta

likebutta , May 1, 2014 :
    Nice video but stupid also. You didn't read the rules; must be done -ONLY- if selected and it must be done in one continuous shot, with proof of it working before and after. Etc etc etc etc

I will end this buy saying stupid contest.

14. Radeon962
    KitKat May 1, 2014

Radeon962 , May 1, 2014 :
    I just have to ask.... Why? If you are going to smash a phone for the contest why would you not sign up and follow the rules (once they are actually known of course).

Anyway, nice effort and it would be nice to see you get a OnePlus but I would not hold my breath if I were you waiting.

15. scy1192
    Honeycomb May 1, 2014

scy1192 , May 1, 2014 :
    I'm curious what you did to make it look like you smashed your phone. What did you throw off the roof? Did you buy an already smashed phone?

I realize that it's highly unlikely a phone tossed from a roof so haphazardly is going to land in front of the camera so I believe you when you say you didn't really smash a good working phone, just wondering.

oaklandnative likes this.
  16. j08rebelo
    Gingerbread May 1, 2014

17. dentillozie
    Gingerbread May 1, 2014

adamnelson64 likes this.
  18. pfef
    Eclair May 1, 2014

pfef , May 1, 2014 :
    Haha that would be pretty epic, maybe I'd have done that if I was guaranteed a phone.

19. Soundmouse

Soundmouse , May 1, 2014 :
    Awesome video it does look pretty pro tho this smash the past thingie still is stupid imo..

20. dandrews
    Froyo May 1, 2014

dandrews , May 1, 2014 :
    Cool video, maybe you'll be lucky enough to be one of the hundred picked. However I'm guessing you smashed a spare phone and not your daily driver.