Third Party Software Spotify issues since owning OnePlus 6

1. notcyf
    Honeycomb Aug 25, 2018

notcyf , Aug 25, 2018 :
    Hello community,

I have had an issue with Spotify since I've owned the device where Spotify cannot detect an internet connection after leaving the device in deep sleep, and never goes out of it until I force close the app and restart it. It is highly annoying as it makes me have to force close the app countless of times a day.

The weird part is, is that songs I have *not* downloaded still play fine, but I cannot open any artist page, or search songs as it will say that Spotify cannot search songs while Offline.

I have contacted Spotify about the matter and they have made me do a lot of stuff until they finally forwarded the matter to the Spotify development team.

I think this is very likely a device-specific problem, so here I am making a message here.

My ISP is Tele2 NL(LTE-A).

I would like to know if anyone else here has the same issue. The only workaround to this issue is force closing the app entirely. I hope OnePlus can reply to this issue as well, to see if they can do anything to fix it.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2018

2. GWM2005
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2018

GWM2005 , Aug 25, 2018 :
    Hi,

I just received my OnePlus 6 yesterday but last night I used Spotify. This morning I have opened my Spotify app again and everything seems to be working fine. My mobile operator is KPN, but the phone is using my WiFi connection.

Could you add some additional information? Are you only using LTE or is there a WiFi connection as well? And to avoid miscommunication, could you tell your definition of deep sleep?

Kind regards,

GWM

3. notcyf
    Honeycomb Aug 25, 2018

notcyf , Aug 25, 2018 :
    These are the same things that Spotify have asked me. I have tried WiFi and it has the same kind of issues, but i mainly use LTE-A(4G+) by Tele2 as i do not use WiFi at home(only UTP cable)

4. GWM2005
    Cupcake Aug 25, 2018

GWM2005 , Aug 25, 2018 :
    I see. I could not reproduce the issue while connected to WiFi so I wanted to see if I could reproduce it under the correct circumstances. When connected via a mobile data connection I have the exact same issue as you are describing. I am able to continue the last selected playlist, but selecting a recently played list does not work. Neither does searching.. Interesting bug! Anyone else having this issue?

5. OPOBEAST
    Honeycomb Aug 25, 2018

OPOBEAST , Aug 25, 2018 :
    I have this issue as well. Can't search any new songs/artists after Spotify wakes up from deep sleep. Thought I was the only one experiencing this.
    Tbh, there are sadly a lot device-specific issues with the OnePlus 6, like the Instagram Stories where the text gets cropped out.

6. notcyf
    Honeycomb Aug 29, 2018

notcyf , Aug 29, 2018 :
    I wonder if it's possible for OnePlus to respond to the 4G connectivity issues with apps like Spotify. It's a strange issue as playing songs(that are NOT downloaded NOR in cache, I tried it with a cleared song cache) itself still works fine even If nothing else does

7. Artemus.
    Nougat Aug 29, 2018

Artemus. , Aug 29, 2018 :
    This seems to be on Spotify's end. Happens to me when I take it out of airplane mode (work policy) and I have to close it then reopen it. Doesn't bother me though.

8. OPOBEAST
    Honeycomb Aug 29, 2018