Spotify notification tray controls disappearing via OnePlus 7 Pro

1. Heffy_Boi
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2021

Heffy_Boi , via OnePlus 7 Pro , Aug 1, 2021 :
    I'm not too sure why but as of the latest firmware update, my Spotify controls keep disappearing at random from the notification tray, forcing me me close down the Spotify app each time this happens in order to restore said notification tray controls. It's quite inconvenient, this is an app I'm using all the time and it's just irritating enough to bother me and it doesn't happen with any other media app I've used, I've noticed. Hoping it's not just me and that others might know the fix for this!

I've provided an example image, showcasing how my lockscreen displays the album art for the song playing but no notification tray controls.
    1627800748881.jpg

2. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016; Most Active User 2020 Aug 1, 2021

Dresa91 , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Can you please clear cache of Spotify and then in recovery?

nerdkabir and Heffy_Boi like this.
  3. Heffy_Boi
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2021

So far so good! There was actually quite a build up of cache stored on the app hehe! I'll keep ya posted on this :3

4. Dresa91

Dresa91 , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Okay 👍🏼

5. Heffy_Boi
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2021

Hmm, I've been testing it pretty thoroughly and I noticed it happened again.

Pratheekh18 likes this.
  6. Dresa91

7. marcocos22
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2021

marcocos22 , Aug 1, 2021 :
    The same thing happens to me on my Nord. It didn't happen to me before, but for 1-2 months it has happened to me often.

Heffy_Boi likes this.
  8. Does!Compute
    KitKat Aug 1, 2021

Does!Compute , Aug 1, 2021 :
    That's primarily an issue due to Google's new media player that has been attached to quick settings. It can be seen for other apps like Prime Video and Netflix too, but I couldn't replicate it with YouTube Music, which perhaps means the issue is with the 3rd party apps. Do check it Spotify is the only app which faces this issue. Also, do put Spotify under Don't Optimise in Battery Settings and see if that makes a difference.

Dresa91 and Heffy_Boi like this.
  9. Heffy_Boi
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2021

Right yeah! I was looking up if any other droid users had this issue and I found a result for an S10 user that had the same problem and the solution seemed to be the battery optimization settings as well. That's what I've been testing since this morning and I've yet to have the same problem so, so far so good 👍

Dresa91 likes this.