Spotify stops playing

1. Lightning4K
    Gingerbread Dec 12, 2017

Lightning4K , Dec 12, 2017 :
    I never had this issue before but sometime it randomly pauses The music when i put it in my pocket, happened 3-4 Times The past 3 days and i see it as a issue..

Anyone had The same issue and a something that solved it?

2. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Dec 13, 2017

Gav_W86 , Dec 13, 2017 :
    Do you have battery optimisation turned on for the Spotify app? If so turn it off.

3. Lightning4K
    Gingerbread Dec 13, 2017

Lightning4K , Dec 13, 2017 :
    Simple as that? Hope it works

4. Lightning4K
    Gingerbread Dec 14, 2017

Lightning4K , Dec 14, 2017 :
    It still paused.... What The ****......

5. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Dec 14, 2017

Gav_W86 , Dec 14, 2017 :
    is it streaming over wifi? ln the WiFi settings there is an option to "Keep WiFi On During Sleep"

Nosorry likes this.
  6. Lightning4K
    Gingerbread Dec 19, 2017

Lightning4K , Dec 19, 2017 :
    Already done so it shall be off since i use storeage to keep it on The Phone, and it happened twice this morning.... And it is. On dont battery optimize

7. friday051
    Froyo Dec 20, 2017

friday051 , Dec 20, 2017 :
    See if you have music control gestures ON and pocket mode OFF. Could be possibly because of this.
    Let me know~

8. HenryMuenster
    Cupcake Aug 13, 2018

HenryMuenster , Aug 13, 2018 :
    Hello,
    I have the same problem with OnePlus 6.
    At first, I thought that was a problem with my Oneplus-Bullets -Wireless, but it also paused with other in-ear Bluetooth from "DEVIL".

Any help?
    I've never had this problem with my Huawei Honor7, which I used until June / Release of OnePlus6 :-(

Perry jane likes this.
  9. Jesusmanuel22
    Gingerbread Aug 13, 2018

Jesusmanuel22 , Aug 13, 2018 :
    I've being having this problem since the last OnePlus 5 update. It happens with ALL the media, including different apps, videos, music, anything. I've cleared my cache and it hasn't worked

X1547702703571 likes this.
  10. mdickie89
    Cupcake Aug 24, 2018

mdickie89 , Aug 24, 2018 :
    This is also happening to me. I don't have Gestures on, Pocket mode is on, battery saver is disabled and I am in Offline Mode. Very annoying and happens when the phone is just on the desk with nothing touching it. Using the OnePlus 6

11. garybrightpotter
    Cupcake Aug 24, 2018

garybrightpotter , Aug 24, 2018 :
    Me having the same issue on Spotify.
    And Spotify NOT always stay at foreground while playing.
    Therefore, I can't control, play/pause, it by my bluetooth earphone because Spotify is hiding in background .

12. Danzki
    Cupcake Aug 27, 2018

Danzki , Aug 27, 2018 :
    I have the exact same problem with my 5T. Have tried all the suggestions, didn't help...

This especially happens when the screen is off. As @garybrightpotter states, it also doesn't keep Spotify in the foreground. The widget in the notification disappears and the remote control (via bluetooth headphones) stops working. When I restart the app, they reappear, however they disappear again when the music stops. Seems like the system i killing the app in the background, even thou all the settings are says it shouldn't..

13. linusloquist
    Froyo Sep 1, 2018

linusloquist , Sep 1, 2018 :
    I also have this problem and a lot of other Spotify related problems. Sometimes it stops but continues running in the background, so I can't use my headphone buttons. Sometimes it doesn't change music information, like cover and track, but it still plays. And also, the pausing.

14. andruman
    Cupcake Sep 7, 2018

andruman , Sep 7, 2018 :
    yeah i got the same problem on my onplus 5t and its driving me nuts. randomly stops playing, cant play pause via headphone button and also sometimes there is no notification bar. deactivating battery optimiziation didnt help.

15. Zarquon
    Cupcake Sep 10, 2018

Zarquon , Sep 10, 2018 :
    Under notifications for the Spotify app, set playback to "URGENT" (always peek and interrupt).
    I do have battery optimization off for Spotify specifically, but don't believe it matters. The issue seems to be with some kind of lock screen optimization for the background apps.
    This also solves the disappearing notification bar widget problem as well.

16. ndmop
    Cupcake Sep 12, 2018

ndmop , Sep 12, 2018 :
    same issue after last update, turning battery optimization off does not help

17. mehmetshn
    Donut Sep 15, 2018

mehmetshn , Sep 15, 2018 :
    I was having the same issue with my op6. Also, spotify alp was crushing regularly. another annoying thing, probably the worst, music would play on speakers when I turn of the Bluetooth earphones (happened a few times in a meeting). Spotify also wasn't responding very well, when I skip to next song, the name of the old song would still be on the screen. all those problems were happening after the software crush. if you don't see the spotify app on the notification screen, that means things are wrong. you can restart the app but it will crash again in 15-30mins.

my reasoning : battery and cpu optimization apps. those apps really screw all the settings in the system. especially once you delete them probably most of the things cannot be reverted. i started having these issues hours after I installed and deleted such app.

my solution: reset the phone, go to factory settings. and never ever install such app. they are BS.

so far it's the 3rd day and I haven't experienced any issues with spotify.

18. Rembrand
    Cupcake Sep 24, 2018

Rembrand , Sep 24, 2018 :

mehmetshn

I was having the same issue with my op6. Also, spotify alp was crushing regularly. another annoying thing, probably the worst, music would play on speakers when I turn of the Bluetooth earphones (happened a few times in a meeting). Spotify also wasn't responding very well, when I skip to next song, the name of the old song would still be on the screen. all those problems were happening after the software crush. if you don't see the spotify app on the notification screen, that means things are wrong. you can restart the app but it will crash again in 15-30mins.

my reasoning : battery and cpu optimization apps. those apps really screw all the settings in the system. especially once you delete them probably most of the things cannot be reverted. i started having these issues hours after I installed and deleted such app.

my solution: reset the phone, go to factory settings. and never ever install such app. they are BS.

so far it's the 3rd day and I haven't experienced any issues with spotify.​

Same exact symptoms here. However, I never have, and never will install any third-party RAM/CPU optimisation apps, so that can't be it. I've now disabled 'battery optimisation' for the Spotify app (it was on by default) and set the playback notification to 'urgent' in the notification settings... hope that helps.

EDIT: it doesn't. Spotify still disappears from notifications/lockscreen while playing and starts malfunctioning (pauses playback randomly, song doesn't update in spotify UI when it goes to the next song). It seems it occurs more often when I switch between Bluetooth headset and speaker playback, although that could just be a coincidence. Hoping this is fixed with Android Pie..

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018

19. sbot1984
    Cupcake Nov 13, 2018

sbot1984 , Nov 13, 2018 :
    Just purchased 6T last weekend and experienced the same for the past days. Searched through various forums on how to solve this issue and still it was of no help. So I looked through other settings and saw on Settings > Sound > Earphone Mode, Autoplay is Off on default. Hope turning this ON will keep playing music on Spotify even if sleep mode is ON. Still under observation if this will fix the issue. BTW I am using bluetooth earphone.

20. VanDaBernd
    Cupcake Dec 21, 2018

VanDaBernd , Dec 21, 2018 :
    Hi guys,

any news in this topic? Have the same issue since purchased OP6T.
    Soundcloud, Amazon Prime Music or any other music app stopps after
    playing some minutes. Would be great if there is a solution.