Spotify Wrapped 2019 - Share your music habits with the community

1. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Dec 5, 2019

Cheetosdust , Dec 5, 2019 :
    Spotify (2).png

Hello community,

Music, what a concept, huh? You listen to something and you feel it. It can change your mood, it can even define a moment, helping you crystallize memories.

These days, you probably stream your songs and you probably do it via Spotify. Well, as is it’s now a tradition, the company just released their Wrapped, allowing you to recap what you have listened during 2019.

If you have an account, just go here, login if you haven’t already, and you can discover the songs, genres, bands, etc, you listened during this year. And since we’re closing the decade, you can even have a recap for your past years.

At the bottom you’ll have a nice summary. This thread was created for you to share that with the community. Let us know what you listened, fun facts about your listening habits.

I think this can be a great way to discover new bands, to interact based on our music tastes, to bond over music. It doesn’t matter if you listened to a lot of songs/artists and it certainly does not matter if you listen to pop, hip-hop, jazz or metal, this is a judgment free zone.

So I hope we can all have a little bit of fun, getting to know each other better through the music we listen. If you don’t use Spotify but your service of choice also allows you to share a recap, feel free to join the fun.

Let me start, here’s my recap:

Wrapped Decade.png

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019

2. Shivang Joshi

Shivang Joshi , Dec 5, 2019 :

Here's mine [​IMG]

spotify-wrapped-2019.jpg

3. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Dec 5, 2019

B_Wrath , Dec 5, 2019 :
    I really need to start listening to TOOL. You guys keep raving about it.

4. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Dec 5, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Dec 5, 2019 :
    Why it doesn't surprise me that the three first names on your list are Tool, Rammstein and A Perfect Circle! :p

I had a Spotify account since years ago but lost it and I made a new one few months ago so I don't need to check it to know what this thing will tell me.

System of a down is in that list, among Rosalia, Green Day, Billie Eilish, Aurora... You can also find some electronic music and even Reggaeton (this last ones are because even tho I've never liked this music, it teleports me a good fun summer and they give me a good mood.)

You won't find classical music in there tho. I can't listen to classical music in random mode. A Mozart symphony where the first movement plays after the third? No thanks. :rolleyes:

The solution is premium I know... But right now that isn't possible sadly. Maybe next year, who knows.

Nice thread my dear cheesy dusty dust. Looking forward to learn about the variety of everyone's music preferences.

5. StopItRawr
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 5, 2019

StopItRawr , Dec 5, 2019 :
    I've been using Spotify via my Echo dot to entertain my children, so mine probably looks pretty awful.

Let's just say the song Witch Doctor features prominently.

6. Cheetosdust

Joshini, thank you for sharing it! :blush:

I didn't know you were a Billie Eilish fan - and that's the only name I know from that list :p

Hehe, "you guys" is basically me and @Neddard going non-stop about them :p

But yeah, give it a try, after 394732 years, they released a new album this year, so it's a great time. I think you are going to like them IF you like alternative metal, etc. If that's not your thing, you are probably going to hate them. :expressionless:

I was surprised (not really :p) to see Tool dominating since they are only available there since May, I believe. Also, I love how my most played song was their single from the new album. I was thirsty :rolleyes: for some new Tool.

I just discovered listened to bands from 42 different countries and that I discovered 311 new artists - no idea how that happened or the names of a third the artists! :cool:

I don't think I knew you also liked Green Day. I did listened to a lot of them until the "Nimrod" days. :p

Hehe, I Googled "Witch Doctor" and it was not what I was expecting :sweatsmile:

(Yes, I thought it was a song from an obscure band. I was not disappointed ! :p)

7. Anshu3110

Anshu3110 , Dec 5, 2019 :
    I love Rosalia, Billie Eilish and Aurora! I discovered Rosalia from Barefoot in the Park by James Blake. Oh, what a voice!

8. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Dec 5, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Dec 5, 2019 :
    She's very special indeed! (All three are.)

9. StopItRawr

StopItRawr , Dec 5, 2019 :
    (It's the Cartoons one, because the other one probably isn't child friendly!)

10. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2019

Impersonal , Dec 5, 2019 :
    I really am a old-school in the way I enjoy my music, I'm not really in this whole streaming service future (although I always say that I should try it, especially YouTube music is intriguing), I still like "owning" the music I listen to, and experience full albums, not only a song or whatever, also in preparation for a new album I'm interested in, I usually re-listen to some of the prior albums, that made me love the artist or band or whatever, so I usually have just one or two full albums download on my device, that I listen to at everytime.... to each it's own, I guess, as for taste, I'm usually drawn to music that also has a story, a message, a underlying, a meaning, a philosophy behind it, not only shit that sounds good...

Great albums I enjoyed, from this year are from Slipknot, Rammstein, G-eazy, Tyler the Creator, Post Malone, Foals, Indoor Pets, The Murder Capital.

When I power up my Personal Computer and open Winamp, I just gravitate to classics (mostly rock), like Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Pink Floyd, The Who, Judas priest, Black Sabbath, Queen, Janis Joplin even Nirvana, The Beatles or The Clash or The Ramones, I also enjoy late 80's, 90's rap scene with 2-pac and Michael Jackson (the blue gangster) leading in my preference... or sometimes, something more old-timely like Cob Callaway...

Special mention to bands/artists that I only have fun with, I enjoy their music, but not necessarily a fan, and usually are not top of mind like, few examples are Ghost, The Preaty Reckless (mostly because I find Taylor so daium hot), die Antwoord or Hollywood Undead ... I also fallow a few local artists from my country, mostly from the underground hip-hop scene...

This might sound strange but I also listen to classical music, especially when I do chores around the house, you know when dusting shelfs or laundry or whatever with Wagner or Tchaikovsky blasting, you really feel like you do something grandiose, important and meaningful....

Great thread and especially great idea behind it @Cheetosdust, really looking forward to see how it further develops.

Cheers !

Ps: this is my podcasts list, I'm quite behind on most of them though...

Screenshot_20191205-145152__01.jpg
    Screenshot_20191205-145200__01.jpg

11. Shivang Joshi

Shivang Joshi , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Dec 5, 2019 :
    Hah, thanks for this amazing thread. Because without this, I wouldn't be able to share it ;)

Yess, I do listen to her songs quite a lot. You can check out bülow too. She has just a few songs on Spotify. Her song named "Not A Love Song" is one of my favourites. ;)

The listening time would've been more here if I listened to more podcasts on Spotify. I've recently stopped listening to much songs while travelling to/from college as I got bored listening to the same playlist daily. So, I started listening to Podcasts on YouTube. And well, YouTube Premium does a great job as I can listen to them even when the screen is locked. :D

I wish YouTube did a similar thing and just gave us the statistics of what we've watched the most. It would be soo cool to see that.

12. Cheetosdust

Pretty cool, I'll give Rosalia a listen then :cool:

Wait, there's another version? I saw the cartoons one! :p

Oh wow, thanks for the detailed message, truly appreciate your time!

And thank you for the podcasts, Giant Bombcast is a must. Also, my man low showcasing he listens to NPR. :p

Any particular one you recommend? I also know "Welcome to Night Vale", but there are a lot I never heard.

And thanks once again for participating on the thread. Ghost are actually on my Wrapped in the "bands from different countries". My brother is a huge fan, saw them live already. ;)

Never heard bülow, so I'll give her a listen, many thanks. :cool:

Spotify does a good job suggesting you songs/bands, maybe give their playlists a try? You have a few daily ones and the weekly. Plus, you can always start a radio based on something you already listened to. Sure, a couple of times you're like "what the..." but they mostly work and they work better if you listen to a lot of music. :p

13. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Dec 5, 2019

Impersonal , Dec 5, 2019 :
    Thank you for this particularly interesting thread !

The only one I say is a "must" listen is "this podcast will kill you", gloomy name aside, is actually very fun, informative and nice, even if about diseases, obviously you don't have to be a doctor (neither am I) to find this interesting, especially since the lovely ladies that host the podcast, really do a terrific job in keeping the audience engaged, they touch on the history, on the chemistry, on the spread, on prevention and treatment etc.... The first episode I listened to, since I'm a European was about the Bubonic Plague, truly fascinating, as a added bonus on every episode, they also invite you to take part and make yourself a themed cocktail, providing both alcoholic and non alcoholic version for it ;)

Welcome to NightVale was the first podcast I listened to, probably the first for many, it really popularized the whole podcast movement... Haven't really listened to it for a while though...

MosheG1 and Cheetosdust like this.
  14. Shivang Joshi

Shivang Joshi , via OnePlus 6T Midnight Black , Dec 5, 2019 :
    Sure. Let me know if you like her or not.

Yesss, that's what I used to do when I started using Spotify. And sometimes, I still do that. But yeah, there can be a few songs (at max, 5% or so) which are definitely like the moment you described. But as you said, it mostly works and I like it. :D

Fun Fact: That's how I discovered bülow. Never heard anything about bülow before I started using Spotify. ;) :cool:

But that happens only when I've extremely long trips or no pending podcasts.

MosheG1, Cheetosdust and Impersonal like this.
  15. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 11, 2019

Last edited: Dec 11, 2019

16. Dresa91
    User of the Year 2016 Dec 11, 2019

17. thedeadfish59
    Froyo Dec 11, 2019

Attached Files:

Cheetosdust likes this.
  18. dinakaran.sensor
    Eclair Dec 11, 2019