Spots on back panel via OnePlus 7T

1. GauravPathak26
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2020

GauravPathak26 , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 4, 2020 :
    So I purchased the phone few months back and there is no issue regarding the phone's performance, battery, camera etc. From the very begining i've been using the transperent case but that was not strong enough so i purchased another one. I never kept the phone naked because I know how many phones had fell down from my hand. So one day i thought to clean my phone then i saw a few black spots on the back panel, i tried to clean it in every way possible but the spots are so stubborn that not even a single spot got removed. If anyone of them is facing the same problem let me know and can the service center fix this issue? If yes let me know guys
    1593839403697.jpg

1593839344134.jpg

Attached Files:

Shubham_Mehta_98 and Vikas4u like this.
  2. Vikas4u
    Donut Jul 4, 2020

Vikas4u , Jul 4, 2020 :
    facing same issue even i am using official 7T Tpu case which i got with my new 7T, it looks really disappointing when i got this issue on spending 35K..

3. GauravPathak26
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2020

Tbh I'm a oneplus fan that's why i chose this device rather than other brands if i knew earlier about this issue i would had gone for samsung and we all are spending 35k just to see black spots on our phone lol

4. Cosmos_NT , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jul 4, 2020 :
    If you can't feel the spots by touching then they are not on the glass, they are underneath. It could be present on the sticker ( if you don't know that the color of all the devices out there is just due to a sticker then please Watch Jerry rig everything videos on clear phones) and that can't be cleaned off. It could be either air or due to heat from device.

O1575222029570, thesign and Sheppards like this.
  5. IhaveaOnePlus
    Gingerbread Jul 4, 2020

6. IhaveaOnePlus
    Gingerbread Jul 4, 2020

IhaveaOnePlus , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 4, 2020 :
    So how can we resolve this

7. Vikas4u
    Donut Jul 4, 2020

Vikas4u , Jul 4, 2020 :
    whatever the reason behind this spot, it could be on underneath or glass but who is responsible for this, i have used samsung galaxy A7 2016 model which is in Gold version and back pannel was gorilla glass but never faced such kind of issue.
    i didn't understand why you are giving reason for this spot, i want solution, if anybody spend such big amount and big name like Oneplus then what should our expectations...This is my 1st smartphone where i am facing this type of issue
    Lots of smartphone has colour ful back pannel with Gorilla glass protection but no one had faced spot issue on back pannel.

Ajmal_96 and GauravPathak26 like this.
  8. Cosmos_NT , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jul 4, 2020 :
    You can't. The sticker if tried to peel off like a screen protector then it will be of no use, you will tear it out in the process. You can put a skin on back and nobody will notice it.

IhaveaOnePlus likes this.
  9. Cosmos_NT , via OnePlus 7T Frosted Silver , Jul 4, 2020 :
    I am not an employee of OnePlus. I am a user and perhaps have sufficient knowledge of things and that's why I try to help others.

Secondly, ask Apple why they keep such prices of back panel and what happens when apple's back glass breaks. If you keep comparison, then you should also see that EVERY DAMN FLAGSHIP having glass back has a sticker of whatever color you like. The glass is a transparent or treated with chemicals to get you the brushed finish in place of shining like Note 10+

You still can't understand that Gorilla glass protect from scratch above the surface of the panel. This is under that glass so even if you had a bullet proof glass, this would have had happened no matter what you think of the strength of the glass.

You can visit service center or raise a query with oneplus but this is reality.

Ajmal_96 and thesign like this.
  10. Vikas4u
    Donut Jul 4, 2020

Vikas4u , Jul 4, 2020 :
    i know gorrila glass used for scratch protection and as you mentioned that why apple keep prices for back pannel that means OP 7t has unbreakable back pannel, why you are trying to collapse two diff things, glass broken and spots are two diff things.
    please let me know if any apple or samsung user have any issue for spots on back pannel

How smartphone companies made this back pannel with steaker n all, i knw very well, but why this is only in one plus even in flagship phones.

11. Madnezz4Ever , via OnePlus Community App , Jul 4, 2020 :
    It's caused by dust and other stuff getting in between the case and whatever finish coating the glass has on it that protects it.

People have also run into the same issue on other OnePlus phones including the 5T, which doesn't even have a glass back.

You can try buffing it out with some type of glass polish and seeing it vanishes.

People have also gotten the back replaced by OnePlus, so that's another option.

GauravPathak26 likes this.
  12. abidbunny
    Honeycomb Jul 4, 2020

13. Number_Six
    Eclair Jul 4, 2020

Number_Six , Jul 4, 2020 :
    Same issue here.... Service propose me to send back device, but I have not another phone, so I remain wit my phone amd my ( little) defect

1593870980548.jpg

1593870980662.jpg

14. GauravPathak26
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2020

Totally agree with you 💯

Vikas4u likes this.
  15. GauravPathak26
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2020

My phone is under warranty so will they change it for free for there will be some extra cost

16. GauravPathak26
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2020

17. GauravPathak26
    Cupcake Jul 4, 2020

18. Number_Six
    Eclair Jul 4, 2020

Number_Six , Jul 4, 2020 :
    they saw the photos, then want the phone to evaluate the issue and resolve it.....

19. abidbunny
    Honeycomb Jul 5, 2020

abidbunny , via OnePlus 7T , Jul 5, 2020 :
    Bro if you have any soft case it causes scratches

Use skins

20. sayedibnmasud , via OnePlus 7T Glacier Blue , Jul 5, 2020 :
    I have the same issue. Whatever the reason is, this should not have happened to a premium device. Initially I thought I may have scratched my phone, but it seems many people have the same issue. This is terrible from 1+.

Ajmal_96, djorghios and IhaveaOnePlus like this.