[Answered] [Stability] random reboots several times a day

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cohaolain
    Honeycomb Jan 10, 2017

cohaolain , Jan 10, 2017 :
    After going from OB10 to 4.0.1 due to Google Photos not working, everything was working well until I looked at my phone and it was asking for a pin on restart. This has happened three or four times last night since I flashed the update in the evening and about twice since I woke up an hour ago. Has also rebooted once while I was using it but most of the time it's just been sitting beside my bed or on the charger. It was asking for pin on restart when I woke up also.

2. timrock7
    Cupcake Jan 10, 2017

3. Yelmen
    Cupcake Jan 23, 2017

Yelmen , Jan 23, 2017 :
    Same problem on my device. (Oneplus 3 running OOS 4.0.2)

Whenever I go out of range of a wifi access point, or leave data to join a wifi network, 75% of the time my device will crash and freeze, and perform a reboot.
    Sometimes, it freezes and I have to longpress power button in order to shutdown.
    Other times I notice it rebooted by itself by having to enter my pincode in order to unlock the phone.

This has been going on since the 4.0.0 update, 4.0.1 and 4.0.2.

Basically makes the phone unusable because whenever wifi is left on, it starts connecting to open networks causing this bug to happen over and over again.

Another friend of me is having the same issues, I suspect it has something to do with the handover between wifi and data. Seeing as this problem is not widely reported, I think it is related to Belgian/European data bands. (Looking at the username of the username above, and my friend also located in Belgium)

Please Oneplus, investigate this asap. Don't hesitate to contact me for further info, this needs a fix, yesterday.

4. timakh
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2017

timakh , Apr 18, 2017 :
    Same thing Random reboot on my oneplus3T... several times... open new app reboot, presing home button - reboot... its very strange phone just restarting like crashing... oxygen os 4.1.3 on 7.1.1 Nougat

5. ujvalumesh
    Cupcake Apr 18, 2017

ujvalumesh , Apr 18, 2017 :
    Me too

6. Gesila A.
    Gingerbread Jun 28, 2018

Gesila A. , Jun 28, 2018 :
    Hello,

Good day!

This is from OnePlus Bug Hunters. How are you? If you are still experiencing this issue, we highly recommend that you update your phone to its latest build. If the issue will persist, please create a new bug report with the updated information so that we can re-look into it. This thread will now be closed and marked as "Fixed".

Thank you and have a nice day.