4. When will it come to India ? :P

11.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. YRJ
    Lollipop Mar 19, 2019

YRJ , Mar 19, 2019 :
    20190320_011946_0001.png
    Hello everyone,
    Today I am really excited to talk to you about Google's latest advancements!
    Just finished watching Google's GDC 2019 keynote here is what happend.

Gaming has always been a hot topic in the world of tech, the gaming world is huge and there is no defining factor to gamers. The best thing about games is that they keep getting better and better day by day. I am awed by the fact how comprehensive and meaningful games have gotten.
    Comparing with games from the past or something you people would have played back in the day, we all can agree that we have come a long way.
    Modern day games are not only graphically appealing but they have meaning and greater possibilities.

The basic idea or the picture that comes to your mind/the majority of people, when you talk of games is a group of friends (young people) sitting on the couch with controllers in their hand the Xbox or the PlayStation connected to a large screen and that's it!
    It surely has changed now as our phones have gotten more powerful and more capable, the games we previously never imagined could be played on a PC are easily accessible and usable on modern day smartphones.

The evolution of gaming is mind-blowing, what makes me more happy is that it is not constrained to an age group. I see kids, teens, the youth and the oldies playing games it's just that, the taste's vary!

Growing up as a kid, gaming wasn't easy for me.
    The games I wanted to play were for its time graphically demanding. I did not have the machine that was capable enough to even run such games. Back then minesweeper and solitaires were my boredom killers! With only one old sluggish PC in the house which would be busy beyond reason, someone or the other would occupy it, and by the time it would be free,
    It was either "too late" or I hadn't been studying.
    Basically my screen on time was Zero!

Finally we entered the PlayStation era.
    Brown kids can never justify a purchase, especially when we are talking games and consoles.
    With great difficulty I convinced my parents to buy me a PSP. Oh, how I loved it! I still have it by my side.
    Again they could not run without additional costs, you had to buy CD's and they were quite quaint looking ones. I remember how once I was so stupid that I broke open the case of my PSP CD thinking that it was a cover :oops: Altogether, it wasn't easy and not the best experience.

Unfortunately, The situation today is still the same.
    Games are advancing and they keep getting better and better and that makes the PC and it's configuration obsolete.
    My taste of games is basically simulation.
    My favourites are Microsoft Flight Simulator X, X-Plane 11 and P3D couple of these games are very demanding!
    To be able to put together a PC that could easily run P3D it would cost atleast ₹1,00,000 / approx. $1,500
    and I'm talking the cpu alone ofc the monitor keyboard joystick and other accessories will shoot up the price of the setup to a point, which a brown dad would never wanna hear!
    ---------------------------------------------------------------

Google held its GDC 2019 today in San Francisco,
    The major announcement and the thing that grabbed the attention the most was:

• Introducing Google STADIA :
    STADIA is Google's own Cloud Gaming Service.
    A breakthrough in the gaming of future!
    To put it in the simplest form, it is the NETFLIX for gamers!

Imagine a world where you don't need expensive gaming hardware or should I say no hardware, to play the next big game.
    Gaming as simple as opening up your web browser, clicking on a game of your choice and in a matter of 5 seconds start playing it.
    Sounds a dream? It does, it did to me also, but this is for real, it's legit!
    No downloads, no waiting times, no hardware requirements, no software compatibility check required.
    Just Boundless, limitless and a seamless gaming experience all at your fingertips in seconds.

That’s STADIA! Google says that Stadia's cloud computing power is the equivalent of a console running at 10.7 GPU terraflops, that's even more than the PS4 Pro and Xbox One X combined.

All you need is internet and a chrome tab. Leave the rest to google, you are renting a high end PC even better than your XBOX or PS4 (combined)
    All you have to focus on what matters to you - Gaming.
    Leave the rest to Google. It will load the game for you, their servers will take the load of making to you available, the games you never though would run on the lame laptop of yours. This is a Game-Changer!

Watching your favourite youtuber stream that amazing game?
    Don't feel left behind jump into action, take the front seat. A link from the video will take you directly into the game. Why watch when you can be a part of it? ;)

Google will run a connection test that checks your internet bandwidth, the latency between your computer and the servers, and any data loss. Google requires a streaming rate of 15Mbps, latency below 40ms, and data loss below 5%. With these requirements met, you’ll be ready to dive into a game.

This project was previously tested under the name project stream, way back in 2018, this was also the worst kept secrets in the history of Google, (Pixel 3 on my mind! XD ) the response was great and that led to STADIA of today!

In 2018 google made available 1080P at 60FPS with stereo sound, at launch you will get 4K at 60FPS with surround sound and in the future we will have 8K and then it's only up from there.

STADIA will connect players, viewers and Developers.
    It will mark the beginning of a new ecosystem which will benefit the gaming era immensely and improve the quality even more in the future.
    What's more?
    You have the benefit of seamless transition from one device to the other, just switch and continue from exactly where you left off!

The most interesting part though, something that became mainstream after PUBG and FORTNITE showing off your gaming skills. Yes, streaming and live watching other players across the globe. (The reason why we had a lot of screen recording requests lately) STATE SHARE will make this all possible by sharing your gameplay at any point using a google link.
    You can challenge your friends to beat your high score or just ask the Google assistant to help you whenever your stuck!

STADIA Controller:

The STADIA controller is a DualShock controller, with a pair of twin sticks, a D-pad, and plenty of face and shoulder buttons. One distinguishing feature, aside from the crisp black-or-white color scheme, is the home button featuring the new Stadia logo. It also sports a sharing button and a Google Assistant button, letting you use the controller’s built-in mic to talk to Assistant for accessing in-game hints if you get stuck.

The most important thing, It will connect directly to the data center, presumably eliminating lag issues. During its unveiling the key word used was "Gateway to the best of STADIA"
    Although, Google has made it clear that the streaming service is not exclusive to this controller, all or many existing controllers will work, so this definitely isn't a move to sell hardware.

Price:
    The main part ofc!
    Unfortunately, there are no details available on this though but it is highly suspected that google may use methods that have already worked in the past.
    Subscription just as you would have in Netflix or maybe buying individual game. It can also be both together. I will surely update this thread once we have more info!

Initial impressions:
    It hints towards an amazing start, the future is amazing and exciting.
    I personally am very excited to see the endless possibilities and achievements in the future.
    Also, @Dale F. Is actively talking to us about 5G and this will greatly help towards a flawless and extremely fast usage.

I would really like to know what you think about it and how you look up to this, let us all know by commenting in this thread!

Also there are amazing apps and games lying in @dsmonteiro 's thread here Vote for the Best App of the Month do check that out too.

I can't stop talking about this, I genuinely am very excited. But I will let your thoughts flow in too.
    That's it from me, until next time
    Peace
    Never Settle.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019

2. Dresa91
    Android Q Mar 19, 2019

gaster, Saliou, malidan and 5 others like this.
  3. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Community Expert Mar 19, 2019

dsmonteiro , Mar 19, 2019 :
    I'm actually about to write a post about this (and Shadow, Steam Link Anywhere and GeForce Now) for the Portuguese region sub-forum! ;)

gaster, xnutzii, Saliou and 7 others like this.
  4. OceaneSxm
    Jelly Bean Mar 19, 2019

5. YRJ
    Lollipop Mar 19, 2019

mspatil.92 and Dresa91 like this.
  6. YRJ
    Lollipop Mar 19, 2019

YRJ , Mar 19, 2019 :
    Oh! That's sad I won't be able to read :(
    Why does anyone not write such stuff for India subforum!? :pensive:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019

G_plusone likes this.
  7. YRJ
    Lollipop Mar 19, 2019

YRJ , Mar 19, 2019 :
    Just looked that up, french is complicated and length AF! :tearsofjoy:

OceaneSxm and Dresa91 like this.
  8. Dresa91
    Android Q Mar 19, 2019

G_plusone and YRJ like this.
  9. OceaneSxm
    Jelly Bean Mar 19, 2019

OceaneSxm , Mar 19, 2019 :
    Oui :tearsofjoy:

G_plusone, Dresa91 and YRJ like this.
  10. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Staff Member Mar 19, 2019

Ruby G. , Mar 19, 2019 :
    This is a cool post @YRJ :) Lots of people are chatting about Stadia right now, nice to hear your thoughts too.

11. YRJ
    Lollipop Mar 19, 2019

YRJ , Mar 19, 2019 :
    Thanks Ruby, you never hold back to appreciate. I'm glad you liked it! :)

Btw, isn't it awkward for you?
    Like you are working at a time you usually would be asleep :p

Dresa91 likes this.
  12. Ruby G.
    NA Community Manager Staff Member Mar 19, 2019

Ruby G. , Mar 19, 2019 :
    I am on USA team now remember? So it's early evening over here ha

13. YRJ
    Lollipop Mar 19, 2019

YRJ , Mar 19, 2019 :
    I know you are, that the reason why I said, you "would be" ! :p

Ruby G. likes this.
  14. meatandy
    Oreo Mar 19, 2019

meatandy , Mar 19, 2019 :
    Your threads continue to get better and better , this one may even get you nominated for
    Thread of the Week. :rolleyes:

@Cheetosdust would have been so proud of you as well. :cool:

15. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Mar 19, 2019

Discostu , Mar 19, 2019 :
    This is very interesting and a glimpse of what the future holds in my opinion.

The challenge will be the reach of this technology for people who do not have stable or high speed internet connections. There will need to be traditional gaming consoles and PC alternatives until everyone has access to high speed internet otherwise there will be a risk of losing a large portion of the market.

None the less, this is very interesting and I can't wait to see where the technology goes and evolves into

G_plusone likes this.
  16. RogerOriginals
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 19, 2019

RogerOriginals , Mar 19, 2019 :
    STADIA is the thing I never knew I wanted!

As a gamer, I always had to make do with a substandard gaming PC, and had to download games that are half a decade old because it wouldn't run any latest games (or run those at extremely low settings). I didn't want to spend on a gaming PC because I really don't have the time to make full use of it, nor the capabilities to purchase all the platform-exclusive games I've always wanted to play!

But STADIA is something that has excited me to the point that I'll be one of the first in line when this things launces in India! Being able to play a game without worrying if it will work on my PC or not? WHY NOT!!???

Can't wait for it, man!

meatandy and G_plusone like this.
  17. YRJ
    Lollipop Mar 20, 2019

YRJ , Mar 20, 2019 :
    Oh thank you so much MKBHD :D
    I'm glad that you like it :)

Thread of the week season 1 is over, it's not running anymore :p it will come back again, later ;)

Wonder what Cheetosdust is on right now, he will surprise us all! :cool:

meatandy likes this.
  18. YRJ
    Lollipop Mar 20, 2019

YRJ , Mar 20, 2019 :
    Google says that on 4g networks it will work just fine. Ofc, with the addition of 5G things will get much better.
    This will change the entire idea of gaming and cut out on the huge costs involved in buying high end PC's and devices, if it comes with a price of slightly expensive games, I wouldn't mind ;)

Portability is amazing.

19. Discostu
    Jelly Bean Mar 20, 2019

Discostu , Mar 20, 2019 :
    Absolutely agree!

But in a country like mine (Australia) even having a good 4g connection is a problem when you travel too far from an urban centre.

The future is streaming but the infrastructure needs to catch up in some locations.

WindyCity63 likes this.
  20. YRJ
    Lollipop Mar 20, 2019

YRJ , Mar 20, 2019 :
    I couldn't word it better!
    I always wanted such a thing but I never knew that it was possible.

I can only echo what you said.
    Every word of yours is relatable and I can say that we are on the same page.

The best part of this service is that it is hardware independent and I like that very much! :)

SJBoss likes this.