Standard launcher issue after updating OnePlus 7 pro to Oxygen11

1. Mursonic
    Cupcake Apr 22, 2021

Mursonic , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Hello! After updating my phone to Oxygen11 the standard OnePlus Launcher comes up all the time and cannot be overruled anymore. Thats bad because I'm used to a more flexible launcher called Smart Launcher.

This happens while using the home gesture (swiping up from the bottom of the screen) from any app.

Swiping up a 2nd time will launch Smart Launcher and everything is fine. Also enabling the navigation bar fixes the issue. It's the gestures that are not working properly anymore.

I reinstalled Smart Launcher already but this didn't fix it.

Any suggestions?

Caoimhín likes this.
  2. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Apr 22, 2021

Best Answer
    Caomhin , via OnePlus 6T , Apr 22, 2021 :
    Just checking, did you clear the Smart Launcher App info Cache and App info Storage as well. This will reset the App and will clear the desktop icons and customisations you may have, but may fix the issue.

3. Caomhin

This something the Smart Launcher developers may have to fix to deal with the new partition layouts and features of Android 11. Contact Smart Launcher support and see what they can do.

4. Mursonic
    Cupcake Apr 22, 2021

Thanks. According to a Smart Launcher Dev the partition system is used only to install system updates and has nothing to do with this error.

Caoimhín likes this.
  5. Mursonic
    Cupcake Apr 22, 2021

Dude, you solved it! There was something left in the app cache. After clearing it everything works fine now.

Case closed.

Caoimhín likes this.
  6. Caomhin

Glad to hear it. You're welcome 👍

Aaron2017 likes this.
  7. Y1624329299202 , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Hey Hi,

I have updated my phone to latest update version which has been received to my phone OnePlus Nord CE today (31/07/2021).
    After I updated my mobile , my OnePlus launcher get stucked 😭 and it doesn't work even I had force stoped it. I didn't able to scroll up and I didn't able to do nothing !

Please give me a quick solution 🙏

Current Version : Oxygen OS 11.0.5.5.EB13DA
    Launcher version : 5.1.9

8. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 1, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 1, 2021 :
    Try Clearing the OnePlus Launcher App info Cache first, then restart the phone and see if that helps.

If not, you may have to take note of your icon layout on your screens. Then Clear the Launcher App info Storage as well., this will completely reset the app and you will have to customise your icon layout once more.

9. Y1624329299202 , via OnePlus Community App , Aug 1, 2021 :
    I already done with it !
    And I'm also factory reseted my phone
    The problem still continues !

10. Caomhin
    OnePlus 9 Series Expert Community Expert Aug 1, 2021

Caomhin , via OnePlus 9 Pro , Aug 1, 2021 :
    If you don't see any improvement after trying the suggestions given. Please send Bug reports and give Feedback on the issues back to the OnePlus OOS developers. So that they can investigate them. Thank you.
    https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/

And you can also contact OnePlus support directly to see if they have more information on your issue. Scroll down the page for Email, Phone contact and online Chat details.
    https://www.oneplus.com/support