Display Static (tv snow) screen

1. rsamptmeijer
    Donut Jan 21, 2017

rsamptmeijer , Jan 21, 2017 :
    I have the one plus 3T now for 10 days and today it was inside it's otterbox when it fell of a small table (dropped 60 cm I think)
    Now the screen is all static (the tv snow) and I can't do anything with it.
    Does any know if this is warranty because it looks like a hardware problem and I think that he should've survived such a drop. Or what I can do to fix it.
    All the pixels work and the sound slider on the side also works. So I think it's only a contact to the screen but before I do anything stupid I wanted to share this and maybe someone has some advice.

This is how the screen looks now:

[​IMG]

2. rsamptmeijer
    Donut Jan 21, 2017

rsamptmeijer , Jan 21, 2017 :
    Update:
    When I put a little force in my screen it sorta clicked back and every thing is working again.
    Still very weird that this can happen

3. Ricke
    Cupcake Jan 25, 2017

4. G_Michelle_Amara_Giron_S
    Cupcake Feb 19, 2017

G_Michelle_Amara_Giron_S , Feb 19, 2017 :
    Same happened to me and didn't know what to do. Nothing works but I left it fall off again from a very short distance and voila, problem solved!

Chetan1836 likes this.
  5. Regd
    Eclair Apr 6, 2017

Regd , Apr 6, 2017 :
    Ihad the same problem today. Thanks to you I could solve it too :). The solution is a little strange, but it works and that's all I need XD. Thanks.

6. Daveroj
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2017

Daveroj , Apr 17, 2017 :
    Yep exact same thing happened to me just now. A few slaps to the back of the phone and it came back on. Very strange and I fear this will be an ongoing problem.

7. mixim
    Froyo Apr 17, 2017

mixim , Apr 17, 2017 :
    The display is lying inside the aluminium frame, if the phone fails down, the frame is damaged and out of shape a bit, so u need to 'click' back the display inside the frame ... that seems to be logical ... don't think u have to do this to often ... but if u bent the phone (inside ur trousers or anyway) the display may be 'click'-ed out again ... be careful with ur 3T, regards MiXiM

Tantien3 likes this.
  8. Dgero
    Cupcake May 9, 2017

Dgero , May 9, 2017 :
    I didn't see this thread, had the same problem but I didn't try to slap the phone. I sent it for a repair. :-( I hope they will fix it with warranty, since mine didn't even fall.

9. Dgero
    Cupcake May 9, 2017

Dgero , May 9, 2017 :
    I didn't see this thread. I sent the phone back for repair. I hope that they will repair it with my warranty because mine didn't even fall.

10. Tantien3
    Donut May 24, 2017

Tantien3 , May 24, 2017 :
    Thank you for making me feel like I was not the only one with this problem. Exact thing happened to me: phone fell (in a case, thank goodness) and then the snow appeared. Just before typing this, I had the phone with snow on the screen and took it out of the case, pressed on the screen, around all the edges of the screen and I heard & felt a distinct pop when the screen moved backwards more into the case. And the snow went away. so thank you very much. :)

11. whodatboi
    KitKat May 24, 2017

whodatboi , May 24, 2017 :
    lmao I purposely dropy phone because people say my phone will break without a screen protector. I said I don't need one *throws it* OtterBox baby!

then I pick it up, perfect condition. no issues. I've done this approx 35 times. from at least a 5 foot height on a hardwood floor and plastic tile floor.

12. slogankid1
    Cupcake Jun 5, 2017

13. Femmetahiti
    Cupcake Jul 8, 2017

Femmetahiti , Jul 8, 2017 :
    Had the same exact problem--freaked out thinking I'd have to send for repair. My screen was also slightly misaligned until I "popped" it back in. Multicolored snow screen was still there, but I went ahead and "dropped" it again on the carpet and voila! It is fixed. Thanks so much!

14. Helenr32
    Cupcake Aug 1, 2017

Helenr32 , Aug 1, 2017 :
    Wow ..... thank you SO much everyone. I've just dropped my oneplus3, so I carefully pressed all around the screen and now the "snow" has disappeared and it's working again.

15. Nohkumado
    Cupcake Aug 5, 2017

Nohkumado , Aug 5, 2017 :
    Very strange indeed, and mine didn't fall... but showed the static....
    moment of panic....
    thanks! got it back by pushing around the frame!

16. eicer
    Cupcake Aug 11, 2017

eicer , Aug 11, 2017 :
    Thank you very much!. Fixed by pressing the screen. Popping sound on the left middle side and screen is fixed!

17. vikasjain4u
    Cupcake Oct 14, 2017

vikasjain4u , Oct 14, 2017 :
    Thanks. Same problm same solution

18. pur3bolt
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2017

pur3bolt , Oct 17, 2017 :
    By sheer gosh I was sure my phone would need repair and this fixed it for me too... It really is a weird issue o_O

19. Carilou
    Cupcake Oct 17, 2017

Carilou , Oct 17, 2017 :
    Worked for me too. Saved me an expensive repair for sure. thx alot mate

20. LadyR0uge
    Cupcake Dec 1, 2017

LadyR0uge , Dec 1, 2017 :
    OMG you save my phone!! Thank you! I though I would need to send it to repair, but your solution worked! Def felt a "pop" when I pressed the screen. That's a super weird issue, but I am glad I found this tread.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2017

MVB_OnePlus likes this.