Status Bar / Notification not showing on homescreen.

1. Myrdal
    Eclair Dec 7, 2021

Myrdal , Dec 7, 2021 :
    Okey, I've had some issues with my 7Pro, by far the most annoying being the wifi issues that persistent from time to time still.. But now I have a new problem where the top bar, status bar, notification thing doesn't show when I'm at the home screen, doesn't show time, wifi, 4g or any app notifications. And messenger bubbles doesn't show up either, which is great! /s. However, they both show up when I'm in other apps.. I'll put a few screen shots down here for you.

I'm running 11.0.4.1GM21BA

Please does anyone know how to fix this issue?

Screenshots:
    https://imgur.com/a/Irmm1S2

Edit for solution:

Last edited: Dec 11, 2021

2. Aaron2017
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Dec 7, 2021

Aaron2017 , Dec 7, 2021 :
    Have you tried clearing cache of the launcher and a reboot afterwards?
    What version of the launcher are you on currently?

Artemus likes this.
  3. Myrdal
    Eclair Dec 7, 2021

Myrdal , Dec 7, 2021 :
    Yes, cleared cache and reboot, didn't help. Did the same and turned it off and on again, didn't help. It's Nova, running 7.0.56 (current).

4. Aaron2017
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Dec 7, 2021

Aaron2017 , Dec 7, 2021 :
    Check nova settings to see if you have the "show notification bar" setting enabled. I have just been able to reproduce your issue by turning that off. It will not show the status bar on the home screen but does show it in other apps if that's turned off.

Myrdal and Artemus like this.
  5. Myrdal
    Eclair Dec 11, 2021

Myrdal , Dec 11, 2021 :
    Yeah I came across this completely randomly, because I've 'always' used double tap on the home screen to open clock, but new Nova settings apparently changed that to remove / show notification bar, which I didn't know. I was just looking through it for some folder settings and boom, there it was, plain as day. My God I felt like a tool. Changed it back to open clock, can't for the life of me see any use in removing the top bar.. Thanks for the reply ^-^<3

Aaron2017 likes this.
  6. Aaron2017
    General Support Expert Award 2021 Dec 11, 2021

Aaron2017 , Dec 11, 2021 :
    Oh, right. Yeah, some people like to get rid of the status bar all together, i'm also not one of them. Anyways, you're welcome, glad it's sorted.👍