#StayAtHome - What are you currently watching?

1. B.I.T.S.
    User of the Year 2019 Apr 29, 2020

B.I.T.S. , Apr 29, 2020 :
    #stayathome.png

Hello everyone! Welcome to this new heaven of peace brought to you by The Writer's Club.

During the historical times we are living in, many of us are making streaming services the busiest they've ever been and platforms like Netflix and HBO have become our best allies. These days have given us an opportunity to catch up with those previously abandoned TV shows, or even finally caved in to that friend we all have (if you don't, then it's you), that has been tirelessly recommending that one show.

Don't worry if your list is already empty, or you're lost in the flood of infinite shows. We have already two great recommendations threads that are here, ready to enlighten and guide you in the search of your next favorite show:

Are you in the middle of a new show, did you just discover something you can't stop watching? The question here is simple:

What are you watching right now?

Share your impressions, be the friend that recommends the best of the best, and keep everyone updated about the progress of your watching activity.

I'll start with my currently watching list:
    • Westworld - S3 (HBO): Only one episode left to be released the next week and since the first episode of the first season, I can't stop recommending it.
    • Killing Eve - S3 (HBO): New season started a couple of weeks ago, and if you're used to having all episodes available, the wait can be long, but at the same time it lets you enjoy it even more! If you love crazy, funny, special, and lovable (killer) characters... This is for you.
    • Sharp Objects (HBO): This miniseries is a delight, still in the second episode, but already loving it.
    • Mrs. America (HBO): A fresh new series, I've barely got into it but looks promising! Based on historical events.
    • Electric Dreams (Prime Video): An "alternative" to Black Mirror, so far, so good. I've read around that's better than its Netflix counterpart, but I can't argue on that yet.
    • Tales From The Loop (Prime Video): It will remind you of Dark (Netflix), it's set in the past century even though it has some futuristic touches. A very pleasant, kinda unknown, surprise.
    • Disenchantment (Netflix): Irreverent, absurd, and hilarious cartoons, perfect for those chill moments to give your brain a break.
    (Yes, I'm watching all of them, and no, not at the same time... :rolleyes:)

Last, but surely not least, there are only two rules. The first one is an extremely important one:

Do NOT share SPOILERS

The second one is also important (but a bit less): have fun!! :D

P.S. The situation around the world is slowly improving, but we still need to be conscious and not forget what we are dealing with, even when going out it's tempting and starting to be allowed, please be careful and stay at home as much as you can!

2. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 29, 2020

3. YRJ
    The Lab - OnePlus 7T Reviewer; Community Hero 2020 Apr 29, 2020

YRJ , Apr 29, 2020 :
    Nice thread @B.I.T.S. :cool:
    I was looking for new shows to watch as I'm only watching movies lately (romcoms in particular)

I'll pick something interesting now :D

4. B.I.T.S.

Why not watch something new!!

I wonder why that doesn't surprise me... :rolleyes:

I think you'll love RUN, in HBO, seems very romcomish :p:D

Thank you ლ(ꈍωꈍლ)

5. Chirag_Gohil
    Honeycomb Apr 29, 2020

Chirag_Gohil , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 29, 2020 :
    i want to watch in Netflix,
    one plua system default given Netflix in one plus 7T while i open it asking for payment to watch!
    if you give system default Netflix to watch then why don't give you free ?? lifetime for one plus 7T , in built apps.

6. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 29, 2020

SJBoss , Apr 29, 2020 :
    Thanks Lita I almost forgot about Westworld, @YRJ Westworld is a must watch.

And Haunting of hill House if you're into horror genre.

7. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Community Expert Apr 29, 2020

Cheetosdust , Apr 29, 2020 :
    Hello @B.I.T.S. :cool:

pretty cool thread you have here, I have to say that watching series, movies and documentaries was a big part of my life before this whole social isolation thing started, and it’s a huge part of my daily routine now.

You have a stellar list, I can vouch for Killing Eve, Sharp Objects and Tales From The Loop (saw the first three episodes and I’m loving it (parapapapa). Really good recommendations. I have Electric Dreams on my list and I can’t wait to watch it now. Here’s what I’m watching these days:

The Last Dance (Netflix) - It’s a documentary about the Chicago Bulls during the Jordan, Pippen, Rodman era. Even if you don’t like NBA, it’s a really masterpiece in showing the backstage (draaaama!) of the team and how they won/defended the championship so many times.

Run (HBO) - Two old acquaintances decide to meet after a long time. They each have their own lives since they were together and the series picks up after they decided to take a break from their mundane lives. Where will they go from here? That’s what the show is about.

Rammstein in Amerika (Prime Video) - Well, this is a documentary about how Rammstein started to become popular in Europe and how they arrived in the United States. So many interviews with the band and footage from those days. Pretty cool if you’re a fan. Also: fire!

The Weekly (The York Times/Hulu/Odisseia) - It’s a weekly (I know, it makes sense) documentary series with stories investigated by The New York Times reporters. Here in Portugal I’m watching it on a channel called Odisseia. If you like investigative reporting, watch it.

What am I about to watch in full? The Innocent Files (Documentary, Netflix), How to Fix a Drug Scandal (Documentary, Netflix), Upload (Comedy, Prime Video, premieres May 1), CERN (Documentary, Prime Video).

Thank you once again for the thread and the recommendations, Bolita. Now it’s time to add some new, cool items to my watching lists. Stay safe, everyone. :)

8. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 29, 2020

SJBoss , Apr 29, 2020 :
    We've directing our team of hackerman to decode this message, we'll reply as soon as we can understand it.

9. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Apr 29, 2020

dsmonteiro , Apr 29, 2020 :
    Right now I'm
    • Almost finishing the second season of Ozark on Netflix. While I love the acting, the convoluted plot kinda throws me off.
    • Up to date with Westworld. Seems like each season is an entirely new show. Still waiting to see where this one is going, but, for now, I'm truly enjoying it.
    • About to start with Devs. A few friends seems to think this show is a perfect match for me. I wonder if that's a good thing.
    And I shouldn't admit to this, but I haven't missed any of the latest reality shows from Netflix: The Circle, Too Hot to Handle, Love is Blind. I even started watching the new Portuguese Big Brother. Not a huge fan, though. What about you, @Cheetosdust?

10. G_plusone
    Nougat Apr 29, 2020

11. Chirag_Gohil
    Honeycomb Apr 29, 2020

Chirag_Gohil , via OnePlus 7T , Apr 29, 2020 :
    msg is simply and short, one plus given Netflix inbuilt apps in 7T series.
    while we open Netflix it was ask for payment to watch Netflix.
    then why did you give us inbuilt Netflix apps!!!

i think this is wrong,
    my opinion is if you give inbuilt apps then no need to payment for use that apps!!!

i hope you understand....

G_plusone likes this.
  12. YRJ

YRJ , Apr 29, 2020 :
    Because it isn't surprising at all! Romcom is the best subgenre :rolleyes:
    Thanks will definitely check it out. :D
    Just the thing I would watch! XD thanks for the description ;)
    Definitely I will. I have been wanting to for over a year now.
    @dsmonteiro Likes it too I guess :p

13. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 29, 2020

14. G_plusone
    Nougat Apr 29, 2020

G_plusone , Apr 29, 2020 :
    I don't see any of the Series starring characters from Last week :rolleyes:
    There might be something like that with the Red Cable Club @YRJ might know more

15. B.I.T.S.

Netflix is a different company that has nothing to do with OnePlus, the phone has the app pre installed but sadly that doesn't mean that its content is for free...

It's exaclty the same as when you pay in a cinema, when you buy food or when you need a service, imagine the amount of people working to deliver one single episode of your favorite show, it wouldn't be fair to have it for free, right? :)

Anyway this is not the discussion here. I hope it ends here... :)

Who can forget about Westworld!!! :eek::eek::eek:

Awesome list Chetito, I'll add them to my list (tho I have watched something of it already :D).

Thank you ლ(ꈍωꈍლ)

I've watched all three! :eek:

I agree with your friends, Devs is a match for you ;)

Sounds like lots of action and fun!! :D

See? I knew you'd like it :cool:

16. dsmonteiro
    Community Consultant Staff Member Apr 29, 2020

dsmonteiro , Apr 29, 2020 :
    Is it a serious show?

17. B.I.T.S.

Very serious. So serious that you won't smile any single time. And you need to wear a black suit to watch it. That's how serious the show is. :rolleyes::p

18. Abhik.b02
    Froyo Apr 29, 2020

Abhik.b02 , Apr 29, 2020 :
    The office (US) ( Netflix)
    A great mockumentary on office co-workers at Dunder Mifflin, a paper company at Scranton branch. It's very easy to relate as the characters can be usually found in an office workspace! it's a great series to laugh out! Even a re-watch is worth!

19. YRJ

YRJ , Apr 29, 2020 :
    In my old apartment complex, they had a cinema on the top floor. Even though the cinema was above my house they wouldn't let me watch movies for free.

Sad but true story!

The repercussions? I moved out.

20. SJBoss
    Lollipop Apr 29, 2020

SJBoss , Apr 29, 2020 :
    I will, I just lack recommendations...
    I did... I didn't even watch the new season yet!

21. YRJ

YRJ , Apr 29, 2020 :
    We have gaana 3 month's free sub. It's a music app that I don't prefer.
    Unfortunately no Netflix tho :(