Step by step guide to flash TWRP & install LineageOS (no root required)

?

Does this guide work?

1. Yes

82.6%
  2. No

9.4%
  3. No, but I know why and i'm gonna tell you!

8.0%
  1. Habib.khan316
    Honeycomb Mar 2, 2017

Habib.khan316 , Mar 2, 2017 :
    what screenshot are you talking about?

2. hubertchan
    Froyo Mar 2, 2017

hubertchan , Mar 2, 2017 :
    1488431851703.jpg
    All screenshot disappear

3. Habib.khan316
    Honeycomb Mar 2, 2017

4. tightmeldrew
    Eclair Mar 2, 2017

tightmeldrew , Mar 2, 2017 :
    Im using the guide and all was going to plan until oem unlock - now my oneplus is stuck on "erasing" for over 30 mins. Does anyone know how long this should take? Thanks in advance

5. Ayan1223
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2017

6. F_Naresh_Kumar_Bhatia_VA
    Eclair Mar 2, 2017

F_Naresh_Kumar_Bhatia_VA , Mar 2, 2017 :
    dear Habib, this is excellent guide and very easy to understand and follow. many thanks. I have one issue and suggestion which I am sure you can help and may be many users would want to know as well.

currently I am using official beta oxygen os on my op3t. and now I want to go back and install the normal official oxygen os. how do I do that ? can you pls post a step by step guide for that as well please???

thanks

Habib.khan316 likes this.
  7. Habib.khan316
    Honeycomb Mar 2, 2017

hey thanks for the feedback!

One way I can think of is you could follow the same steps in this guide but instead of downloading and installing LineageOS, you'll have to download the OS you wish to install. but by doing this you could void your warranty.

Do check up on the warranty regulations!

But here's the link to their official ROM download page:
    http://downloads.oneplus.net

You can see older OS's if you click on 'view legacy versions'.

I think they've also included a guide there. I'd suggest you to follow that instead.

There's a official guide to downgrade for the OP2 which you can find on the same page:
    https://s3.amazonaws.com/oneplussupport/flash/Flashing guide for OnePlus 2- Downgrading from 3.5.5 to 3.1.0.pdf

I'm kind of positive the same steps can be used for the OP3T.

Let us know if you have it figured out.

May I ask why you've decided to downgrade?

Last edited: Mar 2, 2017

8. G_Chandrakant_Sidcks_opz
    Cupcake Mar 2, 2017

9. Habib.khan316
    Honeycomb Mar 2, 2017

Hey I'm not quite sure I understand which part has gone wrong. Could you be more specific?

10. F_Naresh_Kumar_Bhatia_VA
    Eclair Mar 2, 2017

F_Naresh_Kumar_Bhatia_VA , Mar 2, 2017 :
    Hey Habib,

Thanks for replying back. There no specific reason to downgrade. Maybe i didn't put my thoughts correctly. What i mean to say is i will use beta for now & as soon the stable 7.1.1 is launched i want to install the stable version.
    So i guess still same method had to be used right ? Just instead of Lineage will put the required OS.
    Even if we roll to official Oxygen OS warranty will be void ?

Rgds,
    Naresh

11. tightmeldrew
    Eclair Mar 2, 2017

tightmeldrew , Mar 2, 2017 :
    All sorted now! The "erasing" section whilst installing the TWRP took over 3 hours. Suppose it was completing a full factory wipe of all my old stuff on phone

12. Habib.khan316
    Honeycomb Mar 3, 2017

Habib.khan316 , Mar 3, 2017 :
    Wow thats unusually long! But nice!! Glad to hear it worked out fine.

13. Habib.khan316
    Honeycomb Mar 3, 2017

Habib.khan316 , Mar 3, 2017 :
    I'd suggest you just stick with the beta update till the stable update is released instead of going through the hassle. I'm not sure about the warranty though, but i'd assume it would void it since you have to perform OEM unlock (unlocking bootloader).

I've noticed in their OP2 downgrade guide they didnt have to perform OEM unlock so that method good be a safe bet but i'm not sure wether it will work for the OP3.

14. fraaiding
    Froyo Mar 4, 2017

fraaiding , Mar 4, 2017 :
    Sorry but your guide is not at all noob-proof and contains errors. You forget to point out that steps 4, 5, 6 should take place on a pc (for a real noob this is not obvious) . Further installing the adb-driver doesn't give me an adb-folder under c:\. The folder "c:\Program Files (x86)\ClockworkMod" in which the program got installed contains adb.exe, but not "fastboot", which is not to be found at all. I see in the comments that this can be found somewhere else, but that's not the point. You should rewrite your guide!

fowner likes this.
  15. Habib.khan316
    Honeycomb Mar 7, 2017

Habib.khan316 , Mar 7, 2017 :
    After step 8 there's a screenshot explaining those steps were performed on a PC.

Also I'm guessing your trying to flash clockworkmod (CWM recovery)? This guide shows steps for TWRP recovery. If for some reason the adb folder is installed in a different location (like in your case), you can locate this folder yourself and simply continue following the steps from step 6 onwards.

@Claud1u992 explained on post #50 he faced a similar issue regarding not finding fastboot.exe in the folder. He has posted his solution around this. Do check his post out.

Hope that clears your doubts :)

16. fraaiding
    Froyo Mar 7, 2017

fraaiding , Mar 7, 2017 :
    Thanks for your response.
    I tried to get Lineage working on my One by following your guide, which I managed by also using the (old and more general) guide of DaxNagtegaal: https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/...lashing-recovery-roms-kernels-rooting.291274/

...which is a bit more detailed (something I needed because it was my first time flashing anything).
    First encountered the well known "Error 7" while installing the 13/02 version, than retried with version 06/02/2017, which went well. Afterwards it updated itself by OTA with the 13/02 version. Stable untill now (only item is that my screen goes "disco" when on below 15% battery level).

17. Habib.khan316
    Honeycomb Mar 7, 2017

Glad to hear you've managed to solve your issues.

As for the 15% battery level issue, I personally haven't encountered this problem yet, so I can't really help you with that. If I do find more information regarding this I'll post it here. Also let us know if you find a solution.

Kindly answer the poll [edit by moderator]if you've found this guide helpful :)

18. SoniaB
    Nougat Head Moderator Mar 7, 2017

SoniaB , Mar 7, 2017 :
    @Habib.khan316 I edited the above post.
    Please do not ask users to like your posts. Like farming is not allowed.
    If your post/thread is helpful then a user will 'like' it. You should not compel them to do so [​IMG]

theshinybeast and Spannaa like this.
  19. Habib.khan316
    Honeycomb Mar 7, 2017

Which rule is that against now? :/

20. gusuraman
    Community Veteran Mar 7, 2017

gusuraman , Mar 7, 2017 :
    Likes count for trophy points, therefore also for raffle points.
    Points are awards for your activity on the forum. They somehow reflect how good you are doing for the community. Boosting your points collection by like farming is like cheating, therefore is not allowed