3. AbsconderDream
    Eclair Nov 1, 2018

AbsconderDream , Nov 1, 2018 :
    IKR. for me it's the single sim slot >_<

4. Abhi Dahiya
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 1, 2018

Abhi Dahiya , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Whine! Whine! Whine!

How is it OnePlus moving in a different direction than it started? They are still offering completely unlocked devices with which you can do whatever you wish to do. They aren't forcing anything down your throat.

OnePlus is offering you 2 options - Go the T-Mobile route and get additional discounts (subsidized by T-MOBILE) with their terms and conditions (obviously as is the case with even other manufacturers).

Or simply buy from OnePlus and do whatever you wish to do.

OnePlus can't grow by focussing just on enthusiasts. How many actually flash roms, unlock bootloaders, flash betas, flash custom recoveries? No more than 1% of the entire customer base.

But what OnePlus is doing is focus on both the segments. Enthusiasts still get what they want while the normal consumer out there gets extra perks through carriers.

5. Moin2200
    KitKat Nov 1, 2018

Moin2200 , Nov 1, 2018 :
    You are the only one who is whining in this thread, and compared to your other comments on other threads it seems to be the only thing you do....

Being unable to unlock a bootloader unless you've paid full price is ridiculous. This affects both core users and developers who wanted to go this route in acquiring the device.
    You seem to only be focusing on your own agenda instead of looking at the bigger picture.

Looking at XDA and Reddit there are alot of unsatisfied fans developer's.

If you feel that this does not affect anything then good for you and move on, if people would like to raise their concern then let them be. OnePlus was founded on feedback whether it be negative or positive.

6. pulsorock
    Froyo Nov 1, 2018

pulsorock , Nov 1, 2018 :
    I'm planning to buy the TMo version and trade my original OPO for the $300 credit. Pay it in full, wait 40 days and request SIM and boot unlock. Then go to the official or beta branches of the OxygenOS and receive all OTA directly. I hope this can be done.

Android450, Hydra Bob and Abhi Dahiya like this.
  7. G_Michael_McClure_IMax
    Donut Nov 1, 2018

G_Michael_McClure_IMax , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Verizon uses a combo of cdma ,but volte also same as TMobile does the cdma portion of their Network is about to be shut down Verizon already has phones like the Zenfone v that don't have cdma just LTE . and all their phones made in the last few years have all Verizon's LTE bands and most other carriers as well .

8. Abhi Dahiya
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 1, 2018

Abhi Dahiya , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Don't you have anything better to do then go around looking at others' comments around forum ? [e]1f602[/e]

How does this affect core users and developers? Have you heard about existence of oneplus.com ? Go there, pay for the device and do whatever you wish.

Don't be a Blah, be logical !

And why would T-Mobile let their device be unlocked and be allowed to flash different roms unless you have paid the full price? Unless someone wants to cheat T-Mobile to avoid paying the remaining amount.

Now get some sleep, gain some sense, gather your thoughts around and come back with better logic.

9. elitekernel
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2018

elitekernel , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Be careful, I would wait if your planning on paying it off, TMobile only give you the 300 as credit on your bill, not the actual phone.

This is also my plan, I was reading somewhere that TMobile sends you a .bin to flash - assuming this will probably flash to the OnePlus official unlocked updated Oxygen OS.

I understand the carrier has to also tag along with OTA's once there involved, but T-Mobiles version are missing Speed Boost and network buff in gaming mode straight out the box.

At least give us the same features if we're going to have to wait additional time for updates.

I am kind of pissed that I sold my OnePlus 5T ( TMobile didn't accept it, had a crack the size of a grain of sand ) , now if I return , I'm completely screwed until official version shipped.

SIGH..

10. G_Michael_McClure_IMax
    Donut Nov 1, 2018

Moin2200

You are the only one who is whining in this thread, and compared to your other comments on other threads it seems to be the only thing you do....

Being unable to unlock a bootloader unless you've paid full price is ridiculous. This affects both core users and developers who wanted to go this route in acquiring the device.
    You seem to only be focusing on your own agenda instead of looking at the bigger picture.

Looking at XDA and Reddit there are alot of unsatisfied fans developer's.

If you feel that this does not affect anything then good for you and move on, if people would like to raise their concern then let them be. OnePlus was founded on feedback whether it be negative or positive.​

then if there are unsatisfied fans they can still go and get the unlocked version with unlocked bootloader getting it from T-Mobile with discounts is their choice . the phone is darn near the same price as the last . so if someone replies with well I can't afford unlocked well you'd pretty much be in the same place as all the previous years they didn't have a carrier option.

Hydra Bob and Abhi Dahiya like this.
  11. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Nov 1, 2018

Ceasedd , Nov 1, 2018 :
    LoL...none of my TMobile phones are CDMA equipped....not many Zen Phone users either...Verizon is shit, expensive shit...

Last edited: Nov 1, 2018

12. G_Michael_McClure_IMax
    Donut Nov 1, 2018

all my devices I've ever gotten from Verizon come from the factory with gsm bands for us carriers . most TMobile phones from Samsung and apple have the appropriate bands for Verizon as well as some lg phones TMobile just locks then to their Network for a certain amount of time that your bill is paid timely or after the device is paid off and you ask

13. G_David_Vazquez_FvnR
    Cupcake Nov 1, 2018

G_David_Vazquez_FvnR , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Kameron,

Thank you for your post. It would've been helpful if it existed before I had an opportunity to purchase my unit, or if the information had been made available to the kind folks at the NYC flagship, but since it hasn't yet launched in most cities, this is a good reference to have.

However, I have noticed a few additional differences that were not mentioned in your chart:

1) There's an unsightly T-Mobile animation at boot
    2) The preinstalled T-Mobile app CANNOT be deleted
    3) The fancy new animations in OnePlus launcher are not on this model
    4) The previous app gesture is not on this model
    5) The animated OnePlus wallpapers are also missing
    6) Smart Boost is MIA
    7) There doesn't seem to be an option to enable long-press power button to launch Google Assistant

This level of feature disparity is pretty egregious, especially since I could find no official documentation from either OnePlus or T-Mobile that mentions any of it. Potential customers are going to read/watch promising reviews published by content creators that were given the unlocked model, and will be disappointed to discover that they couldn't execute a lot of the functionality that may have led them to make the purchase at their local T-Mobile store.

Does OnePlus have any plans on making these advertised features available to the T-Mobile model via OTA?

jonathan3579 likes this.
  14. chuckbort
    Eclair Nov 1, 2018

chuckbort , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Is this "specific modem signature" the optimizations for the T-Mobile network that have been mentioned? And what exactly are the optimizations?

Thanks!

15. Ceasedd
    Marshmallow Nov 1, 2018

Ceasedd , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Veryzon phones are useless.

16. icantbreak
    Donut Nov 1, 2018

icantbreak , Nov 1, 2018 :
    No Beta versions because the bootloader is initially locked, or no Beta versions at all ever on the t-mo version?

17. G_Michael_McClure_IMax
    Donut Nov 1, 2018

if it's like other carrier devices like Samsung and others through TMobile it's usually locked until xda finds some type of exploit

18. icantbreak
    Donut Nov 1, 2018

icantbreak , Nov 1, 2018 :
    Bootloader is unlockable once paid for -- I don't have a problem with that. I want to know if they're saying no Betas because of the phone version (and it will never officially get them), or just because you'll have to wait for the bootloader to be unlocked.

19. djkinetic
    Gingerbread Nov 1, 2018

djkinetic , Nov 1, 2018 :
    I went ahead and bought the 6t from TMO 300 dollars in credits on my bill when I traded in a old 16 gb iPhone 6plus that maybe has half the value of the 300 trade in was a no brainer..ill pay off the device after the first month and just unlock it after 40 days..I have confidence that even if we can't flash the betas/global rom there will be T-Mo variant ports of said global rom and betas...so long as the Bootloader is unlockable there will be development..The sky is not falling TMO users.

chuckbort and A1541124999968 like this.
  20. G_Michael_McClure_IMax
    Donut Nov 1, 2018

I've been able to get everything I own from T-Mobile unlocked after it was paid . I've never been able to get a bootloader unlocked except one device from htc and that was only because htc provided the tool for it . and I can't count my pixel because it came from Google . if there's eventually a tool it's probably gotta come from OnePlus at some point