Steps Forward: OnePlus 6T and T-Mobile Partnership

1. chillaxnphilx
    Froyo Nov 4, 2018

chillaxnphilx , Nov 4, 2018 :
    If you are talking about post #11, I read that and nowhere in there does it mention anything about sim. All it says it that you can't flash the international rom on this due to the specialized modem. It has yet to be confirmed or said word-for-word dual sim will not work on the TMO variant.

If somebody can actually quote documentation stating the TMO variant cannot physically hardware-wise do dual sim (and no, saying that it is dual sim locked is not the same thing) then this question can be put to rest. Honestly it might have to wait until somebody successfully unlocks the TMO variant and finds a dual sim tray and tries it. I've yet to read anything that confirms or denies this feature. Just a lot of vaguely worded statements which people could only assume things.

2. G_Hector_castro_uzGg
    Eclair Nov 4, 2018

G_Hector_castro_uzGg , Nov 4, 2018 :
    so when is the update going to come for the T-Mobile variant. I'm thinking of returning my OnePlus 6T just for the fact that updates are going to take longer now for this variant. so dissapointed

3. jriexinger
    Cupcake Nov 4, 2018

jriexinger , Nov 4, 2018 :
    So has it been said if I pay off the device and then unlock the phone via TMobile's process, will I be able to enter the beta program? Or is that completely locked off to me?

4. G_Hector_castro_uzGg
    Eclair Nov 4, 2018

G_Hector_castro_uzGg , Nov 4, 2018 :
    lock off because supposedly it has a different modem number

5. meatandy
    Oreo Nov 5, 2018

meatandy , Nov 5, 2018 :
    You could return the device and purchase directly from oneplus.

nyzproof333 and Android450 like this.
  6. jriexinger
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2018

jriexinger , Nov 5, 2018 :
    that's genuinely disappointing. I guess I'm returning the tmo 6t and going back to my 6. will decide if I want to opt for the 6t again.

7. nyzproof333
    KitKat Nov 5, 2018

nyzproof333 , Nov 5, 2018 :
    Oh no no no, then he wouldn't get a device for $300. :rolleyes:;)

meatandy likes this.
  8. jriexinger
    Cupcake Nov 5, 2018

jriexinger , Nov 5, 2018 :
    technically, since you're still getting the credits, you're still getting the money....just in another avenue.

9. G_Hector_castro_uzGg
    Eclair Nov 5, 2018

G_Hector_castro_uzGg , Nov 5, 2018 :
    I'm just going to keep my T-mobile version and buy the 7 when it comes out instead of just going back to the 6

koopapoopa likes this.
  10. nyzproof333
    KitKat Nov 5, 2018

nyzproof333 , Nov 5, 2018 :
    My point was agreeing that if people don't like it they should return their device to TMO and buy direct. Problem solved

meatandy likes this.
  11. pulsorock
    Froyo Nov 5, 2018

pulsorock , Nov 5, 2018 :
    But if I pay the device in full, then request SIM unlock, followed by bootloader unlock, couldn't I install then the Beta version from recovery and continue on that update track?

That was what I was expecting and the reason I went thru the TMo version by trading one of my OPOs.

12. dantusris
    Gingerbread Nov 5, 2018

dantusris , Nov 5, 2018 :
    Hi,
    The locked version release from T-Mobile is a little "un-carrier" but even if it was unlocked it wouldn't make a difference if you planned to use T-Mobile carrier network anyways.

Is there a respite from the bloatware of T-Mobile? Its like a catch-22 (Why buy an extremely well performing phone to under perform with bloatware?)

I am hoping that the updates are atleast as frequent as Oneplus releases it after T-Mobile's certification. I mean, its kind-of self-defeating if this didn't happen.

The bluetooth connectivity has been a huge problem on the Oneplus 5's. I am hoping this has been "really taken care of" ?

13. jma9454
    Honeycomb Nov 5, 2018

jma9454 , Nov 5, 2018 :
    what are you talking about? there's a T-Mobile staff forum!?

14. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Nov 6, 2018

Gav_W86 , Nov 6, 2018 :
    Hi @Kameron S - is there a specific reason that the TMob devices get the option of a Google Now feed instead of the Shelf? Is this required for TMob or will this be coming to other devices too?

15. Danny0351
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2018

Danny0351 , Nov 6, 2018 :
    I would like to thank OnePlus and T-Mobile for this deal. The OnePlus 6t has been a performance beast and the speed is incredible. I use to root my phones back in the day but as a grown man I have no time to play around on a phone. All I need is a fast, dependable, no nonsense device. On the Android side this has been a problem for US carriers. LG and Samsung= slow updates , terrible battery life, performance slows, boot loops, high prices and the list goes on. If T-MOBILE can keep the software up to date in a timely manner this is a win for all. If you need to root just buy the unlock version. Stop the crying go get a beer, talk to some ladies its ok. The more money OnePlus makes the better the phones.

BlackKnight2332 and chuckbort like this.
  16. Erik the Red
    Froyo Nov 6, 2018

Erik the Red , Nov 6, 2018 :
    Awesome phone and awesome company!

Danny0351 likes this.
  17. C1541521766226
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

C1541521766226 , Nov 6, 2018 :
    I'm a t-mobile employee the only way you can get your phone unlocked is if you have used the phone for 40 days you are eligible for an unlock.

18. Brian Garcia
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

Brian Garcia , Nov 6, 2018 :
    I believe this is one of the best partnerships T-Mobile has done. Offer a true premium luxury phone but make it more affordable to all. I can't wait to personally get one myself.

Danny0351 likes this.
  19. morakhan
    Cupcake Nov 6, 2018

morakhan , Nov 6, 2018 :
    T-Mobile is supposed to have a thing for tmobile reps...where can i find that thread?

DanielPocket likes this.
  20. Kameron S
    National Training Manager Staff Member Nov 7, 2018

Kameron S , Nov 7, 2018 :
    I see there are a few concerns about the software update schedule (sorry if I didn't quote your post here if you also happened to bring this up).

To set the record straight, yes, the T-Mobile OnePlus 6T and the International OnePlus 6T will be on different update schedules, since there is an additional level of certification required by T-Mobile on all software releases.

T-Mobile wants to ensure that they have thoroughly vetted all software being released by them. Our teams are working very closely to ensure that the lag time is minimal.