Steps Forward: OnePlus 6T and T-Mobile Partnership

1. Kameron S
    National Training Manager Staff Member Nov 7, 2018

Kameron S , Nov 7, 2018 :
    I believe this is due to an agreement between T-Mobile and Google. If T-Mobile OP6T users would like to switch to the Shelf that is available in Settings. The Google Now feed will not be part of the international device.

2. Danny0351
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2018

Danny0351 , Nov 7, 2018 :

Are we talking weeks or months? referring to T-MOBILE software time line.

3. Gav_W86
    Starting Point Expert Nov 7, 2018

Gav_W86 , Nov 7, 2018 :
    Thats fine. It has just led to requests for the Google feed option from non TMob people. I can just tell them that.

4. g_phenom
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2018

g_phenom , Nov 7, 2018 :
    I think this is a great option. T-Mobile has a deal whether your can get the phone for under $300. For people who have an older phone to sell/trade in that's wonderful. For people who want to finance a phone it's wonderful. For people who want to buy directly from a carrier, it's wonderful.

Buying from carriers come with tradeoffs. For those people talking about how Verizon phones come unlocked that's because the government forced them to do it. it's not out of the kindness of their hearts.

I'm a T-MO user and considered trading in my 3T to get the carrier version until I found out it was limited to single sim. But guess what? I still have the option to buy the dual sim aka regular, unlocked version directly from OnePlus, just like I did with my 3T and my OPO.

Every decision OnePlus makes doesn't have to cater directly to me. As long as they don't exclude me from having a good option, I'll continue to buy their awesome phones (though the continued lack of wireless charging may become a deal breaker for me with the next gen).

I hope lots of people buy the T-Mobile version of the device so that next time around, T-MO will sell all variants and colors instead of just one.

Hydra Bob, Danny0351 and chuckbort like this.
  5. MiguelTMO
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

MiguelTMO , Nov 7, 2018 :
    My favorite feature is the On-Screen fingerprint sensor. Everybody always looks at me in awe and ask me what it was and I love showing them my One Plus 6T and I recommend it to everyone even the loyal Apple fans!

6. Sheka Ingram
    Donut Nov 7, 2018

7. PapaMag
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2018

PapaMag , Nov 7, 2018 :
    Been waiting a long time for OnePlus to partner with T-Mobile. This device is everything I expected and more. Now if we could just get some dark theme options without root it would be awesome.

8. Android450
    Marshmallow Nov 7, 2018

Android450 , Nov 7, 2018 :
    You have a dark theme, should be under settings>display if i remember correctly

PapaMag likes this.
  9. PapaMag
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2018

PapaMag , Nov 7, 2018 :
    Yes thanks I'm running that option. I was thinking more in the lines of a theme store.

Android450 likes this.
  10. tanner.j.michels
    Gingerbread Nov 7, 2018

tanner.j.michels , Nov 7, 2018 :
    So Now the OnePlus 6T T-Mobile variant is now 2 Updates behind!!! OnePlus is rolling out OTA OxygenOS 9.0.5!! The T-Mobile variant hasn't even gotten 9.0.4!!! There is something wrong with this picture! Stop lying to us telling us that the Update time will be minimal! The The OnePlus 6T variant is 2 Updates behind! TWO!

pulsorock, m1ster0wl, PapaMag and 2 others like this.
  11. E1541612483636
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

12. Karen28
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

13. F1541621731494
    Cupcake Nov 7, 2018

F1541621731494 , Nov 7, 2018 :
    This is an amazing phone. My two favorite features are, the in-display fingerprint scanner and the ability to not be disturbed when playing a game.

14. Danny0351
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2018

Danny0351 , Nov 8, 2018 :
    So no word on the software update for TMobile version. No time line, no info

Epequen likes this.
  15. Epequen
    Donut Nov 8, 2018

Epequen , Nov 8, 2018 :
    Once I unlock my phone through T-Mobile, will I be able to update my phone online like normal or do I still have to wait for over the air updates?

16. Kameron S
    National Training Manager Staff Member Nov 8, 2018

17. djkinetic
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2018

djkinetic , Nov 8, 2018 :
    @Kameron S. do u know if OnePlus has already started processing the requests for unlock.bin tokens it seems none of the support team at OnePlus knows anything about them. I have put in my request and I know it says 1-2 weeks..but a few of us are wondering if they're actually getting processed as no one has any info.

In regards to the software updates it's unfortunate that TMobile nor OnePlus can give a real timeline as to how far the lag time is between updates. Given that another update has already been pushed out to the global version while the T-Mobile variant hasn't even gotten the launch day one it seems as though the tmobile 6t will always be behind.

for this reason I hope our unlock tokens come asap.

18. Marvins231
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2018

Marvins231 , Nov 8, 2018 :
    I ended up returning the phone to t-mobile losing money due to their stupid restocking fee(phone was never opened because I didn't want mirror black) I really wish they would have been more specific rather than having folks wait in line for hours after the launch event before announcing the actual availability. I'll buy it directly from the site moving forward. I'm still disappointed in both Oneplus & T-mobile.

DSkillsLA and Epequen like this.
  19. Marvins231
    Cupcake Nov 8, 2018

Marvins231 , Nov 8, 2018 :
    They have a dar6k theme built in, check the settings or videos online to turn it on.

PapaMag likes this.
  20. PapaMag
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2018

PapaMag , Nov 8, 2018 :
    I was mainly referring to 3rd party apps