Steps Forward: OnePlus 6T and T-Mobile Partnership

1. tanner.j.michels
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2018

tanner.j.michels , Nov 8, 2018 :
    I spoke to T-Mobile and they said that they are aware.of the Update issue and are working very hard with the Engineering department to roll it out soon. There is no official timeline but they will try before the end of the month.

2. DSkillsLA
    Eclair Nov 8, 2018

DSkillsLA , Nov 8, 2018 :
    I actually feel bad now because I brought it from T-Mobile because I felt it was convenient at the time but not being able to get beta access to at least be able to check out new features is kind of a downer. I should have done more research.

3. DSkillsLA
    Eclair Nov 8, 2018

since I brought my one plus though T-Mobile am I able to go to one plus with a service or warranty repair or replacement?

4. DSkillsLA
    Eclair Nov 8, 2018

but even with the unlock token how would you make it to where you get the Original one plus update if the whole interface for updating is through TMobile?

5. DSkillsLA
    Eclair Nov 8, 2018

I mean I don't think they are lying, if you are familiar with how updates work through consoles and PC then I would think that the same rule applies here even though PC gets multiple updates throughout the week, Consoles receives one big update including all all of the updates that PC has received in one big update.

6. DSkillsLA
    Eclair Nov 8, 2018

I think you still have to wait for OTA, some people are saying they are waiting for tokens so they can unlock the phone. but I'm not sure if that would change much of anything because they did say that TMobile has a different way of doing the system updates. I'm not sure I'm still bumbed out at the face that us as T-Mobile buyer's are not able to get beta access even if we unlock

7. djkinetic
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2018

djkinetic , Nov 8, 2018 :
    unlocked bootloader means we can flash custom stuff like custom kernels and custom roms..so now how do we flash the unlocked variant updates to the T-Mobile variant...if u have ever had other Androids this process should be pretty familiar. what happens is OnePlus issues a global version ota/update.. developers look to see what's different in the T-Mobile variant (kernel changes modem changes etc).. developers make the necessary modifications to the global ota/update to get it to install property on tmo variant...package it all up and release a zip file which we flash in recovery (TWRP). so having an unlocked bootloader yes u can stick with tmo update cycle or flash a modified global based update file.

8. Kameron S
    National Training Manager Staff Member Nov 8, 2018

Kameron S , Nov 8, 2018 :
    Good question! If you bought through T-Mobile you have the option of doing either. T-Mobile would prefer going through them first just in case it's a problem with the service or another factor they can affect. It's ultimately up to you as the user though.

chuckbort likes this.
  9. DSkillsLA
    Eclair Nov 8, 2018

thanks man I really appreciate you letting know that. yeah I'm not really on the Android scene I just let go of my iPhone for this one but I did have the first OnePlus , but thank you for letting me know that at least I have that look forward to.

10. DSkillsLA
    Eclair Nov 8, 2018

thanks I appreciate it. I was really worried.

Kameron S likes this.
  11. DSkillsLA
    Eclair Nov 8, 2018

is OnePlus beta completely out for TMobile OnePlus 6t?

12. Kameron S
    National Training Manager Staff Member Nov 8, 2018

Kameron S , Nov 8, 2018 :
    Yes, with the added complexity of working with a carrier we are not currently able to do the beta for the T-Mobile OnePlus 6T.

13. djkinetic
    Gingerbread Nov 8, 2018

djkinetic , Nov 8, 2018 :
    A forum moderator over at XDA just posted that OnePlus sent over his unlock token..waiting to see more reports today if others are getting them..if so development on the T-Mobile Version should be starting soon.

14. luxuskamel
    Marshmallow Nov 9, 2018

luxuskamel , Nov 9, 2018 :
    Nobody has to feel bad. You'll also get the updates.. Just not from day one. Everything is fine :)

DSkillsLA likes this.
  15. luxuskamel
    Marshmallow Nov 9, 2018

luxuskamel , Nov 9, 2018 :
    The t mobile version is the same as the normal version, only locked. If he unlocks, he can use it the same as a 6T bought directly from oneplus

16. Danny0351
    Gingerbread Nov 9, 2018

Danny0351 , Nov 9, 2018 :
    I get notice the T-Mobile version did not get the live wallpapers like the unlock version. Was that part of the new update or just a T-Mobile thing ?

17. miamiboi995
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2018

miamiboi995 , Nov 9, 2018 :
    I loving my new OnePlus 6T that I purchased from T-Mobile I tried to use the referral promo for the $20 voucher for accessories, and referred multiple people to purchase the device from T-Mobile but I didn't get my point neither are they able to use their voucher. I called one plus and was told that this does not work for T-Mobile customers which I don't think it's fair because this is not explained on the OnePlus website nor the OnePlus community app. I am highly disappointed

Epequen likes this.
  18. Taracta
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2018

Taracta , Nov 9, 2018 :
    I am amazed that OnePlus and T-Mobile does not have a plan that involves the OnePlus phone with T-Mobile's One Plus plan? Thought about this while getting a OnePlus 6T from T-Mobile with a OnePlus 2 trade-in discount for my girlfriend.

19. A1541796786060
    Cupcake Nov 9, 2018

20. Jsks029
    Eclair Nov 10, 2018

Jsks029 , Nov 10, 2018 :
    I think it's great that TMobile is in partnership with OnePlus the only problem I have with it is the updates. The updates are already behind and that's one of the reasons why I left Samsung so I can get quicker updates but apparently I guess it's not the phone maker it's more of the phone carrier issue.

Danny0351 likes this.