Stereo Dual Speakers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sudo-O//e
    Donut Mar 1, 2014

sudo-O//e , Mar 1, 2014 :
    I'm one of those people that's always listening to music, during breakfast,shower,before sleeping (Pandora's sleep timer and alarm is great) i never get tired because i listen to all type of music. But nothing kills more the music/video experience on a phone than having the speaker on the back, if you lay it down face up the quality and volume suffer, but if you lay it down face down the screen might suffer :( I think HTC did one of the best things to fix that not only placing it on the front but having dual speakers. It would be nice if the One could have something like that. A combination one on the front, another on the side? just a suggestion idk if HTC patented that feature or something ;)

apfo, Matthew Smith, script and 3 others like this.
  2. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 1, 2014

Adam Krisko , Mar 1, 2014 :
    We've been taking alot about this in other threads, (I think this is the first official one) we really hope one+ includes this feature. I'm all for it!

3. AasifMaqsood
    Honeycomb Mar 1, 2014

sudo-O//e and Adam Krisko like this.
  4. AasifMaqsood
    Honeycomb Mar 1, 2014

5. Adam Krisko
    NA Community Consultant Staff Member Mar 1, 2014

6. AasifMaqsood
    Honeycomb Mar 1, 2014

7. Andrew Z
    Honeycomb Mar 1, 2014

Andrew Z , Mar 1, 2014 :
    As @Adam Krisko said, this topic was discussed many times on other threads and from what I observed everyone like the way HTC implemented speaker technology and would really like front facing dual ones.

And actually it is hard for me to find drawbacks of such design. Could be more expensive than back speaker, but it shouldn't be a big change. No place for company logo on the front- not a problem, just put one on the back. Size also should not increase, as every new flagship that I saw had sufficient bezzel on the upper and lower side to squeeze in speakers.

So from my side it is YES, PLEASE!

Matthew Smith likes this.
  8. Mark Falsing
    Moderator Moderator Mar 1, 2014

Mark Falsing , Mar 1, 2014 :
    Definite yes from my side as well, even though I use headphones for most of the music I listen too. The only drawback that I see design wise is that you automatically limit your screen size. My completely bezelless dream phone might suffer with this :D

GregOrevo, Adam Krisko and Andrew Z like this.
  9. Tyler Hansen
    Gingerbread Mar 1, 2014

Tyler Hansen , Mar 1, 2014 :
    I agree with you ha I want the bezels to be as small as possible. If OnePlus could manage to make then even smaller than the bezels on the g2 I would be thoroughly impressed! Please please please make those bezels tiny!

Andrew Z likes this.
  10. Andrew Z
    Honeycomb Mar 1, 2014

Andrew Z , Mar 1, 2014 :
    But do you care that much about bezzels on top and bottom? What really only influences in hand feel in my opinion are bezzels on the sides.

11. AasifMaqsood
    Honeycomb Mar 1, 2014

12. Tyler Hansen
    Gingerbread Mar 1, 2014

Tyler Hansen , Mar 1, 2014 :
    I'm sorry, but I disagree with you. The Xperia z2 is pretty nice, but I think the bezels on the top and bottom ruin the design. The g2 looks so amazing because all of the bezels are small.

13. ram gupta
    Honeycomb Mar 1, 2014

ram gupta , Mar 1, 2014 :
    Fronf facing stereo speakers.YES PLEASE !!
    But, I think it will be difficult to cramp it in without compromising on the bezel thickness.It sure is a trade off, but a worthy one.Coming from someone who briefly owned the HTC ONE.You wont feel the need for it till you actually hear it.Boy, it sounds good.

Aaron Huffman and sudo-O//e like this.
  14. AasifMaqsood
    Honeycomb Mar 1, 2014

Aaron Huffman and infernowheels like this.
  15. ram gupta
    Honeycomb Mar 1, 2014

ram gupta , Mar 1, 2014 :
    If your question was for me, then I have not heard the LG g2 pro personally, so cant really comment on it.But, yes 1W speakers with such small bezels, thumbs up to that.

16. AasifMaqsood
    Honeycomb Mar 1, 2014

AasifMaqsood , Mar 1, 2014 :
    Yeahh

17. infernowheels
    Jelly Bean Mar 1, 2014

18. Sparkolo
    Community Veteran Mar 1, 2014

Sparkolo , Mar 1, 2014 :
    As everyone else i agree. There's nothing more annoying than playing on my N1 in landscape mode and accidentaly cover the speaker with my finger.

19. plikmuny
    Honeycomb Mar 1, 2014

plikmuny , Mar 1, 2014 :
    Yes every smartphone lover would unconditionally expect the sound output from his Phone to be best.
    It is essential if an audio chip from Yamaha or Wolfson or any chip from prominent manufacturer is included.
    we all hope that our One Plus One is not just like any other average octacore smartphone available in the market to buy. It should stand out from the rest of the phones. Then only the saying " NEVER SETTLE " holds good for One Plus brand.
    We hope to hear a great news from the staff members soon regarding this...

Aaron Huffman likes this.
  20. AasifMaqsood
    Honeycomb Mar 1, 2014

Adam Krisko likes this.