stick with 5t or go for note 8

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. [GG]
    Jelly Bean Jan 28, 2018

[GG] , Jan 28, 2018 :
    I chose the Note 8 at over twice the price of the 5T and if i had to do it again i would end up with...... The Note 8 ! Opinions vary.

malidan likes this.
  2. Valentin_Panulescu
    Froyo Jan 28, 2018

Valentin_Panulescu , Jan 28, 2018 :
    Opinions vary sure, but keepin it real and not lying to yourself is what counts.

3. Stoilky
    Froyo Jan 28, 2018

Stoilky , Jan 28, 2018 :
    I was more than happy with my Note 4 until it packed in on me.

However, so far so good with the 5T.

4. [GG]
    Jelly Bean Jan 28, 2018

[GG] , Jan 28, 2018 :
    Im with you on keeping it real and what i said in my previous post is my 100% truth. People may or may not like the Note 8 and choose the 5T, and i can definitely understand and respect that. But since you talk about keeping it real, you can't deny the Note 8 is a more complete phone and offers more . Yes the 5T is alot cheaper but you are settling for less !

malidan likes this.
  5. Valentin_Panulescu
    Froyo Jan 28, 2018

I'm not settling for less, i just like to spend money on what i need and what i like. I respect your opinion too. One of my other choices were the Pixel 2 XL or the HTC U11+, both more expensive than the N8. But they're hard to get here...

6. andriuhe32
    Froyo Jan 28, 2018

7. [GG]
    Jelly Bean Jan 28, 2018

[GG] , Jan 28, 2018 :
    And that's what's important. When i said settling for less, i meant the 5T doesn't have water resistance, wireless charging, qhd screen etc.. but i understand it isn't necessary for many so why pay for it? Btw, i don't think the 5T is a bad phone by any means.

malidan likes this.
  8. Emilius
    Gingerbread Jan 28, 2018

Emilius , Jan 28, 2018 :
    5T and Note 8 are 2 very different phones. If you are not sure then stick with 5T. You will save a lot of money.

9. Mukund760
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 28, 2018

10. Valentin_Panulescu
    Froyo Jan 28, 2018

A Nexus 5 i had been using for 3 years had OIS, HDR Camera, wireless charging, etc. I don't think they can't do it, they don't want to. Wireless Charging works with plastic or glass backs... that's why Apple turned to glass again... and if you look it up on the internet you'll probably see the 5T doing pretty well in the water. Do you really shower or dive with your phone? Really. You just know it's there when you need it. I'm not a 1+ fan, i'm just looking for a good looking phone with flagship specs and a stock Android experience. The new Nokias are very good too. From the smoothness (even on the Nokia 5), to the looks and feel, battery and Android with updates...

[GG] likes this.
  11. malidan
    Nougat Jan 28, 2018

malidan , Jan 28, 2018 :
    If you look on the internet( YT ) you will see videos of every OP device been shiwn as waterproof/ wayer resistant.
    But you ask any OP device owner who device meet water, what was the outcome?
    Death!
    Once your foul tags have gone off any issue will result in OP telling you where to go. So why does Carl refer to reviews showing water resistance?

Op5's subliminal marketing is unethical and BS.

[GG] likes this.
  12. Valentin_Panulescu
    Froyo Jan 28, 2018

What i was trying to say is that if you drop it in water or it rains on the phone there's 90% chances nothing will happen to it. You and i know damn well, there aren't too many people diving with their phones, that's what GoPros are for :)

13. malidan
    Nougat Jan 28, 2018

malidan , Jan 28, 2018 :
    I know what your saying, but there are threads where people met a few drops of rain and the device was toast.
    This is after demonstrations of the device being submerged in water. Go figure;)
    If it's not IP certified there is no point mentioning it, that is the long and short if it.
    Because thats' exactly what OP will tell you and that's s what really matters.:D

14. Mrpnut
    Froyo Jan 28, 2018

Mrpnut , Jan 28, 2018 :
    I have the note 8 and just recently got the 5t lava red and I'll just say I haven't used my note 8 lol.......

ElfStone likes this.
  15. ElfStone
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 28, 2018

ElfStone , Jan 28, 2018 :
    This last post says it all :)))

Mrpnut likes this.