Stickerboy Sides for the Bamboo Back

1. needa
    Honeycomb Feb 3, 2015

needa , Feb 3, 2015 :
    I found a plce that sells just the sides for the oneplus. $10+ship. $14 total.
    pros:
    looks great when sitting on a table/couch. you no longer have to look at those hideously whimpy tan sides.
    stickers go on easily
    matte colors have gritty texture.
    you get two sets.

cons:
    looks like stickers when up close.
    they do not form fit the sides too well. when wrapping the corners... the slant of the corners causes the stickers to raise up towards the screen. they are a little tall also. i had to cover up quite a bit of the chrome to keep from having a noticeable lip around the bamboo.
    the cut-out for the sim tray isnt like the buttons/usb/speakers/etc. it doesn't fully wrap around, as in there is no sticker covering one side of the tan.
    sharp edges.
    the buttons, of course, are a bit more difficult to press.

all in all though... i am extremely happy that i no longer have to look at the tan. and the grit of the stickers adds quite a bit of grip. maybe after a few days of use in the hand... the edges will soften a bit.

better pics are a few posts down.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015

gusuraman likes this.
  2. wilmarsaly
    Jelly Bean Feb 3, 2015

3. risky1301
    Lollipop Feb 3, 2015

4. needa
    Honeycomb Feb 3, 2015

needa , Feb 3, 2015 :
    it really is awesome to glance over at the phone and see black sides. really Really AWESOME. i just wish it felt more natural in the hand. i set my phone face up to keep it from sliding on my couch. the black face, chrome rim, and tan sides just did not look good at all.

Kudos to Stickerboy for being the only oem i could find with a 'sides only' option.

risky1301 and GurnyGub like this.
  5. needa
    Honeycomb Feb 5, 2015

needa , Feb 5, 2015 :
    hmm. i guess this would be a three day update.
    things are still good. the edges are softening up. i hardly notice the thing is there most of the time. because some of the sticky is raised above the bamboo... it collects lint/hairs and such. but i suspect that will stop over time.
    i have decided to give these another few days and then i am going to trim down the sides of the second set and put those on. that way i will be able to see all of my chrome. and not have the stickers raised above the bamboo. maybe even get a piece to cover up the tan under the sim tray.

6. needa
    Honeycomb Feb 5, 2015

7. Enyalius
    Jelly Bean Feb 5, 2015

Enyalius , Feb 5, 2015 :
    I'm wondering how long the stickers is going to stick on the sandstone back cover

8. needa
    Honeycomb Feb 19, 2015

needa , Feb 19, 2015 :
    the stickers are pretty resillient. one of the corners finally started peeling off yesterday. so i yanked them all off. going to cut the other set down and put those on in the next few days. so they lasted two weeks... i am sure they will last a lot longer if they were cut to fit properly.

to finish your question... it took some force for me to remove the stickers. yet there was absolutely no residue left behind. as far as the sandstone... i can see them lasting.

9. Enyalius
    Jelly Bean Feb 19, 2015

Enyalius , Feb 19, 2015 :
    They're not worth it for 2 weeks then :)

10. needa
    Honeycomb Feb 20, 2015

needa , Feb 20, 2015 :
    they will last a lot longer than two weeks. the problem is you have to trim them down so they are not hanging over the edge. as seen in the pics above. completely agree though that they aren't worth it for two weeks.