Gingerbread Dec 31, 2014

2. jdfel
    Froyo Jan 1, 2015

jdfel , Jan 1, 2015 :
    Anyone try this yet??

3. Mr.Sl1ck
    Cupcake Apr 1, 2015

Mr.Sl1ck , Apr 1, 2015 :
    My personal opinion of the Stickerboy line of products is that it is a little bit hit or miss. The product itself is quite good, and really gives the laptop a slick look and feel. Clearly, it will not protect your device from drops or trauma, but to avoid scratching and surface damage to the device, you are completely covered.

That being said, the cutting is not nearly as precise as many reviews state, making me feel like they were provided with free samples, which were more carefully examined than those going out to the average consumer, to ensure a highly persuasive review.

Some of the items are advertised as 3M, however they come on Avery backing paper. This is misleading, and in my opinion false advertising. I noticed a substantial difference with the easy of use between the 3M and Avery backed products, leading me to believe that some of the items being advertised as 3M are actually the cheaper Avery film. I was given reasoning for the different backings being used on the different pieces, however, if some of the backings are changed, for any reason, it should be fully disclosed in a disclaimer when purchasing. There is no such disclaimer.

In terms of the inaccurate cutting, the film covering the bottom of my Macbook Pro 15” is not nearly accurate enough. The risers/rubber “feet” are barely in the holes at all, even though the screws are completely centered with their holes. The top of the laptop skin had a jagged edge on one of the corners, like the cutting did not fully line up, and was completed by hand, to make the cutting in either direction connect. The size of the skin is also a little bit off. On one side of the top, the film extends beyond the contact surface. As a result of having the skin on my laptop for about two and a half months, one corner has peeled up completely. I had to tear it off. It is not too noticeable, but if the cut were as precise as claimed, it would not have happened. My keyboard and mouse portion were precision cut, and lined up perfectly. This was the portion that had the 3M backing, while the others did not, which is what lead me to believe, at least partially, that they were using both Avery and 3M products, while only promoting their products as the more premium, and more costly, 3M dinoc film.

Stickerboy customer service is some of the worst that I have experienced from any online vendor. Never once did they try to remedy the situation, nor did they ever offer to replace the defective parts. We went back and forth quite a bit, and all I heard was excuses as to why some film had the 3M backing, while others had the Avery backing. I wrote reviews, which is why they contacted me. My reviews gave both positive and negative points of my experience, including my surprise to find how inaccurate the cutting of the film actually was. The only thing they ever did was defend their product being 3M only, not Avery, and not once did they offer to replace faulty pieces, even though I made it clear in my review.

On to the review. DO NOT BOTHER WRITING A REVIEW. It is not like when you review on a site like Amazon, which is completely open to both positive and negative reviews. I wrote three reviews, pertaining to various items being purchased, and only the one glowing, highly positive review made it on their site. If you are buying based on all the positive feedback, DON’T. They pick and choose which reviews to post on their site, and unless you speak of their product with high praise, others potential buyers will not get the chance to hear of your personal experience.

4. Adam12
    Cupcake Nov 14, 2015

Adam12 , Nov 14, 2015 :
    These look nice, but as an anal person who loves perfection i like this white wood skin , I know I will hate that the back cover of our phones are not smooth (bumpy texture) and therefore, those little bumps underneath the sticker will annoy the hell out of me.

5. AdRocks
    Cupcake Nov 14, 2015