Still Experiencing Lag on Keyboard

1. Three1ne
    Donut Mar 2, 2016

Three1ne , Mar 2, 2016 :
    I have not touched any custom rom. Updated to latest software.

There is noticeable lag when sending a text, using FB messenger, Whatsapp etc.

Is this still a common problem? It's not so bad since the patch a month or so ago but still extremely annoying.

Is this something that Marshmallow might resolve?

2. oneminusone
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 2, 2016

oneminusone , Mar 2, 2016 :
    maybe you have tons of apps running in background, eating up all the RAMs?!

3. kanagadeepan
    KitKat Mar 2, 2016

kanagadeepan , Mar 2, 2016 :
    B/G apps eating up all the 4GB RAM??? I don't think so.. FB Messenger is already a badly written s/w.. Reg whatsapp, this happens if you have too many conversations / chat in the list

Mr. BG likes this.
  4. oneminusone
    Ice Cream Sandwich Mar 2, 2016

oneminusone , Mar 2, 2016 :
    you cant believe how many apps I have installed in my OPO ( it does have 3gb ram though) and I had sometimes same issue buddy!

5. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Mar 2, 2016

Mr. BG , Mar 2, 2016 :
    I ditched anything Facebook made, horrible battery and memory hogs, running all kinds of background stuff to watch your every move, it's the worst spyware around and known for all kinds of interrupts causing the lag you're referring to.

That being said, I have no issues running Whatsapp.

kanagadeepan likes this.
  6. samilele
    Cupcake Mar 4, 2016

samilele , Mar 4, 2016 :
    this is the worst mobile i ever had, the keyboard doesn't work, there must be a bug (I DON'T HAVE TONS OF APPS RUNNING)
    How to solve?? do something

7. sebcoz123
    Cupcake Mar 5, 2016

sebcoz123 , Mar 5, 2016 :
    I have the exact same problem. Very frustrating. Anyone fixed it ?

8. Nick Cupolo
    Donut May 3, 2016

Nick Cupolo , May 3, 2016 :
    My brand new OPX has had keyboard lag when typing quickly since day one. Happens more in chrome and FB messenger than the messaging app.

My temporary fix for the moment has been to download fleksy. But I'm not sure if this keyboard is working better or if it's the auto-correct for this keyboard being really top notch.

I have been offered an RMA by the customer support representative. But the way his message sounded back to me was that I will be getting a re-manufactured device if they swap mine out. Do I want this?

9. asbereth
    Cupcake May 3, 2016

asbereth , May 3, 2016 :
    SwiftKey, for some reasons, is laggy on OPX. Use other keyboard apps. I'm using TouchPal and it's working really well. I really hope this bug gets fixed soon though since SwiftKey is still my keyboard of choice.

10. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 May 3, 2016

Mr. BG , May 3, 2016 :
    If it were a bug it would need to be consistent, but it isn't.

Must be something else in the way.

11. stephenboyo
    KitKat May 3, 2016

stephenboyo , May 3, 2016 :
    It's not the devices fault so don't bother going through the hassle of returning it and getting a replacement. you need to clean cache. But firstly not all apps from playstore are optimised for Lollipop or Oxygen so some will lag. I've had a bad experience with swiftkey but you can turn off the synaptic vibration via settings and it will stop lagging. Ditto for Google keyboard as well I.e. Unless you really like typing with vibration. Also download and install Nova launcher. It will make your OPX fly.

12. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 May 3, 2016

Mr. BG , May 3, 2016 :
    Was that the vibrating the reason?

I hate that anyway so I switched it off first thing, that's why I never have the keyboard lag.

And I have Nova installed Too, it's true, the phone is snappy always.

13. stephenboyo
    KitKat May 3, 2016

stephenboyo , May 3, 2016 :
    Yes I found that out on the XDA forum a while back. My Swiftkey worked smoirhly afterwards but not my thing. Yes Nova is great

14. PavJhita
    Froyo May 4, 2016

PavJhita , May 4, 2016 :
    It is a bug inside Oxygen OS. How do I know this? This problem frustrated me so much (because I type quite fast) that I literally spent a good few hours testing it all out to ee whether it really was a bug. Eventually I moved to CM13 and my keyboard feels like heaven. Oxygen OS is good, but its optimisation in my opinion is very poor! But to conclude, it is a bug inside the system.

15. Nick Cupolo
    Donut May 4, 2016

Nick Cupolo , May 4, 2016 :
    I like the vibration when typing. I'm used to it from years of just leaving it on. Is that pretty much not an option with the OPX if you don't want to deal with the lag?

16. suffocater
    Cupcake May 4, 2016

suffocater , May 4, 2016 :
    Can someone that DOESNT have lag issues try the smart keyboard pro and give feedback if it causes lag?
    Its one of the few keyboards that i like because of the 3-4 letters per key(t9 way) and i cant find another one to replace that.
    I would be grateful.

17. suffocater
    Cupcake May 15, 2016

18. Amitnv
    Gingerbread May 16, 2016

Amitnv , May 16, 2016 :
    Ive experienced lag on flekxy but google keyboard works flawlessly

19. Vancrack
    Gingerbread May 16, 2016

Vancrack , May 16, 2016 :
    Been using it since the days of Cupcake and still am. I get no lag at all, not on Oxygen or the latest CM nightly. Hate QWERTY!