Still looking for invite? Want to get ticked off?

1. Gordon Lesyk
    Froyo Jul 28, 2014

Gordon Lesyk , Jul 28, 2014 :
    Hahaha people see a popular thread so they come in throwing the one line beg phrase, silly people!

Chris Haidze and rustax like this.
  2. KBFitz
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2014

KBFitz , Jul 28, 2014 :
    Timing is everything. Glad you were here when Chris' invite [that was squandered by another member] came back to life. We all feel pretty good about it. Enjoy!

3. socalmab
    Froyo Jul 28, 2014

socalmab , Jul 28, 2014 :
    wow was wondering why the uptick in this thread! Congrats to the invitee

KBFitz and Chris Haidze like this.
  4. Chris Haidze
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2014

Chris Haidze , Jul 28, 2014 :
    True that. I just wonder how it came back. Did a mod do it or is that the way it works automatically?

KBFitz and oneplusdesire like this.
  5. rustax
    Gingerbread Jul 28, 2014

rustax , Jul 28, 2014 :
    He actually really deserved it, read through one of his old threads and he actually gave his invite away since they couldn't ship it to him.
    Dunno, maybe a bug. Or a mod did it after reading the thread. :p

KBFitz and Chris Haidze like this.
  6. KBFitz
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2014

KBFitz , Jul 28, 2014 :
    I actually have no idea. I would not be surprised if a mod had a hand in it ... saw what was going on in the thread and reinstated the invite. But everything we are told officially about invites -- namely, once they expire there is nothing that can be done -- augurs against this. So perhaps they do have some life after they 'officially' expire. Scratching my head as to how it happened. But that it happened made for a great story! Thanks for being at the heart of it Chris. Cheers - k

Chris Haidze likes this.
  7. oneplusdesire
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2014

oneplusdesire , Jul 28, 2014 :
    A nice person should deserve an invite, but Chris is much luckier to have the invite back somehow.

KBFitz and rustax like this.
  8. Deactivated User
    Jul 28, 2014

Chris Haidze likes this.
  9. StillUsingNokia
    Donut Jul 28, 2014

10. prabhat127
    Eclair Jul 28, 2014

prabhat127 , Jul 28, 2014 :
    i am with you man it makes no sense. i don't understand are they trying to encourage people or discourage them from buying the phone. someone please explain

rustax likes this.
  11. pablofg1978
    Head Moderator Head Moderator Jul 28, 2014

pablofg1978 , Jul 28, 2014 :
    I do not understend why you gift a invite to an earlier supporter, members 1 to 40k have the invite, if they missed, sorry, but they dont deserve special treatment, just equal to the rest of us.
    Its my point of view

12. prabhat127
    Eclair Jul 28, 2014

if the phone is good anyways i am going to promote it. i dont think i need a forum to promote a phone or product. apple doesn't need forums or invites. come on grow up guys

13. oneplusdesire
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2014

Half of what you said is correct. But apple does need some people to say about their products, doesn't it? Forum is one of the ways they choose, might not be the best, but still, they tried their best.

14. prabhat127
    Eclair Jul 28, 2014

very true. the company is trying to be bias with lots of new members and at the same time trying to sale them the product.
    i am not saying what they are doing is wrong. i just think its not write you can't compel some one to join forums. i don't want the invite i want the phone. i need to wait for it thats fine

15. oneplusdesire
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2014

Yes, I understand. We are all waiting (if you look my status, you will know). Good luck on your waiting (we all need) meanwhile stay positive!

16. garrickchan
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 28, 2014

garrickchan , Jul 28, 2014 :
    That's unfortunate ... you being a nice person that you are sharing your invite and then the person you choose doesn't use it and was still asking for invites after receiving one from you. That's pretty awful knowing how many people out in this forum are still looking for invites so they can get the OPO. Glad in the end it worked out as OnePlus reinstated the invite for you to pass along to someone else! You and OnePlus are awesome!

Chris Haidze likes this.
  17. And1-2k20
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 28, 2014

Chris Haidze likes this.
  18. prabhat127
    Eclair Jul 28, 2014

thanks for the kind words i will try to be positive

19. Chris Haidze
    Honeycomb Jul 28, 2014

pkazo and oneplusdesire like this.
  20. oneplusdesire