Still love my 6t via OnePlus 6T

1. KPlusUK
    Gingerbread Jan 20, 2021

KPlusUK , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 20, 2021 :
    Anyone else still loving their 6t? This has been the longest phone I've ever owned and every time I look at another phone to buy, I just think, "why? My 6t still performs brilliantly".

Well done to the fantastic OnePlus team for really supporting this phone, I should have a slow performing, battery hog in my hand, instead I have a phone as fast as day one and with very good battery life.

Caomhin, Cazladz and pedrito22 like this.
  2. Mondkalb
    Honeycomb Jan 20, 2021

Mondkalb , via OnePlus 6 , Jan 20, 2021 :
    Same for my non-t 6! Even older but runs fast and reliable. Battery awesome thanks to root tweaks and kernel.
    Won't be changing anytime soon :)

Caomhin, pedrito22 and KP OnePlue like this.
  3. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 20, 2021

jontalk , Jan 20, 2021 :
    Curious whether you've installed all the updates? I ask since there are SO many problems reported with both A10 updates for the 5T its crazy. Similarly, my phone still performs nearly as new with version 9.0.11; as a result, I don't want to risk updating to 10.0.1.

4. KPlusUK
    Gingerbread Jan 21, 2021

KPlusUK , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 21, 2021 :
    Yep, I'm completely up to date on software. Every software update seems to have gone great for me so far.

Caomhin likes this.
  5. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 21, 2021

jontalk , Jan 21, 2021 :
    Cool...when you updated to Android 10, did you do a clean flash, aka backup>factory reset? Are you running stock apps for phone, text, contact etc and are there social media or gaming apps installed?

6. pedrito22
    Cupcake Jan 21, 2021

pedrito22 , via OnePlus 6T T-Mobile , Jan 21, 2021 :
    I totally agree with you. I just finished paying off the phone with T-Mobile. I am very impressed in the excellent performance that the phone still have. No lagging, no freezing, not even and error. Battery life is incredible. More than 12 hours 9f juice. Thanks OnePlus team for building such an amazing phone.

Caomhin and KP OnePlue like this.
  7. KPlusUK
    Gingerbread Jan 21, 2021

KPlusUK , via OnePlus 6T , Jan 21, 2021 :
    No, I run 3rd part apps for messaging and gallery. Yes, I have games downloaded, I do a lot of photo and video editing, multi task a lot, plus use my phone a lot for downloading, etc... Trust me, my phone isn't just being used for Facebook 👍

Caomhin likes this.
  8. jontalk
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jan 21, 2021

jontalk , Jan 21, 2021 :
    Thanks much..it would appear they've done a better job on the Android 10 updates for the 6T than the 5T. It's unfortunate the 5T update includes outdated security and GMS patches. This makes it hard to justify installing it knowing there's a risk it will diminish performance, camera, WiFi etc. Thanks for the response and glad you're happy!

KP OnePlue likes this.