Still Using OnePlus One in 2019?

1. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Mar 15, 2019

B_Wrath , Mar 15, 2019 :
    Did you just quote your own post?:eek: Time for you to go to sleep. :p

2. toastytoast1234
    Marshmallow Mar 15, 2019

toastytoast1234 , Mar 15, 2019 :
    Didn't seem worth an edit, and I thought the original may have come across as a bit more snarky than intended.

Ok let's be honest, it was exactly as snarky as intended.

ChrisTerp and B_Wrath like this.
  3. B_Wrath
    Marshmallow Mar 15, 2019

B_Wrath , Mar 15, 2019 :
    :D

4. malidan
    Marshmallow Mar 15, 2019

malidan , Mar 15, 2019 :
    The tale.
    Bought the 1st and that had a Yellow band and touch issues
    Bought a second and that turned up with a yellow band and touch issues.
    ( I even posted a thread about it );)
    I Kept the best of the two and sold the one.

Touch issue along with other issues continued and then 11 months down the road, the touchscreen failed completely as I knew it would.
    I returned that and got a replacement and that turn up with a yellow band and touch issues. That was sold immediately, I then bought a Nexus 6 which to my surprise turned up without a yellow band and touch issues.:sweatsmile:

It was kinda fun but as an early adopter I was made to suffer with second rate quality control, having said that they knew about the band hence the uncured glue.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019

5. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Mar 15, 2019

The1Lion , Mar 15, 2019 :
    I do recall some "yellow band" units and was glad I didn't have the issue - of course my unit turned off to never turn on again after about 3 months but the replacement is still working today. A bit dinged up but not too shabby. Surprised a replacement 11 months in would still have that issue, I bought my One in January 2015 and a replacement sent in April the same year. There were a few on these forums that convinced me that there are actually good units being sent as they were "lucky" and had their phones for months without issues.

I guess, had I received a second phone that was "bad" in some form then I'd most likely be done with OP. Getting 3 phones like you did seems like extremely bad luck or as you said, bad quality control.

ChrisTerp likes this.
  6. oreochromis
    Honeycomb Mar 15, 2019

oreochromis , Mar 15, 2019 :
    Just had the battery replaced in January and functioning well enough to ward off termination.

7. malidan
    Marshmallow Mar 15, 2019

malidan , Mar 15, 2019 :
    You bought yours once they had moved away from the joblot stuff they used first up, there wasnt just some there was a lot .
    I can remember a thread where they reported a failiure rate of 10% and that didnt include the Yellow bandits out in the wild.

You had people saying " I have it but I dont really notice it" Contradictive.
    Loads of reviewers with the software keys turned on to hide it, turning a 5.5 " screen into a 5.2".
    Mr. Aaahh with his screen filter to also hide it, this was a god send. Crude at first but much improved over time.
    There was even a OP advert and I could see the screen filter being in uses due to the blue tint at the bottom.:tearsofjoy:

There used to be a thread where pages were deleted every week, it was that bad and got rather heated at times.
    It certainly makes the 3's Pie thread look like handbags.:sweatsmile:

Last edited: Mar 16, 2019

8. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Mar 15, 2019

I am hopeful the Pie will come to 3 & 3T. If OP doesn't deliver on that promise it would be very bad IMO; but as of yesterday there was an update about them getting over some OTA issue but sounds like it will still be in BETA for a while.

9. malidan
    Marshmallow Mar 15, 2019

malidan , Mar 15, 2019 :
    Sounds like excuses to me. Sammy singleton can seem to knock up a custom rom of the same standard easy enough.
    They are just dragging it out to get to as close to the OP7 launch as they can.
    Updating a 3 year old device to Pie will sell a few extra devices.;)

10. The1Lion
    Marshmallow Mar 15, 2019

They did announce the update prior to the 6T actually, stating the 6, then 5/5T and finally 3/3T would get it. Of course with them preparing to launch supposedly not only the 7 but a rumored 5G phone, you are adding more devices that need updates so I see the 3/3T being even less of a priority and whatever bugs may be release with any update will probably be there forever.

But like most companies, I think OP will mainly want and cater to those that want what is new and "improved" than those trying to cling onto an older device even if it's capable of running today's SW. I guess if everyone who bought the OPO was still running around flashing Pie on their phones and not buying new OP devices, OP would be a bit less wealthy :p

11. malidan
    Marshmallow Mar 15, 2019

malidan , Mar 15, 2019 :
    Yes they did make an announcement just before the 6 for hype also to sell to the potentials and it looks like they will do it again.
    They have obviously moved to the bi-monthly updating to give themselves some breathing space.
    Once the 7 has been released 3's and 5"s can expect nothing more than security updates.
    Having watched them struggle since the release of the 6T the future is looking a little rocky, they just dont seem.capable of getting a handle on the bugs.

12. TibiTibi
    Nougat Mar 17, 2019

nick5roo likes this.
  13. RodneyB
    Gingerbread Mar 27, 2019

RodneyB , Mar 27, 2019 :
    I just flashed lineage 16 but can't get gapps to work. Pixel launcher crashes and see black screen. I use sgs7 nowadays.

14. abuekeg919
    Donut Mar 27, 2019

abuekeg919 , Mar 27, 2019 :
    I'm still using mine and I'm not planning on replacing it anytime soon, just replaced the battery too and it's perfectly fine. I only text and do calls on it mostly with light gaming so it's not like i need a $ 1200 phone to do much more... The only downside of it is that I CANT GET MY HANDS ON A SINGLE GDAMN BACK COVER........ my battery shell has been in pieces for 2 years now and I've been scouring online resellers for a while trying to get a backcover, I don't even care about NFC but no one seems to sell these. OPO told me I could send my phone to their service center, get charged about 20 bucks for the cover + labour which would probably end up costing about 50 bucks for a 2min job. I'm really disappointed with their whole support on this matter which is pretty much non existent. My next phone will probably end up being a samsung at this rate though I won't throw my OPO away till it actually dies.

15. Sera69
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 3, 2019

Sera69 , Apr 3, 2019 :
    Still my daily phone. Changed the battery out in January and works like a charm. I've tried OP2 S8 and OP6 in the meantime but i can't give up my OPO when it's still so good. Desperately need an OEM flipcover and it will last a couple more years (or at least until OP release their anniversary version!!)

16. F_Zulfequar_Rahmani_wzWK
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2019

17. Moin2200
    KitKat Apr 4, 2019

Moin2200 , Apr 4, 2019 :
    Nope, but it holds a special place for me.

As it was my first step into oneplus and the forum.

18. F_Zulfequar_Rahmani_wzWK
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2019

19. Moin2200
    KitKat Apr 4, 2019

20. F_Zulfequar_Rahmani_wzWK
    Cupcake Apr 4, 2019