Stock messaging shows unread messages

1. rbonney
    Donut Nov 15, 2014

rbonney , Nov 15, 2014 :
    Not sure if anyone else has had this issue but I have had it since day one with my OnePlus. The stock messaging app will say on some conversations that I have unread messages. Some times even after reboots conversations that all messages showed as read will then show as having an unread message even though no nothing has changed.

I've tried using other messaging apps (EvolveSMS, Textra, Hello, smitten sms, 8sms, and more) but seems all of them have their issues. Either group messaging doesn't work correctly and people cannot see what I send or cant see what they send, or MMS doesn't work and pictures wont send, or (this is more personal preference) the text messages wont display on the lockscreen. Seems part of my issue with these is I run Adaway which messes with the MMS port or something like that from what I've read. Having a hard time getting myself to get rid of Adaway as I hate those ads that get in the way or pop in while doing something in the app.

I tried searching and didn't find anyone else who had this issue unless I missed it, am I the only one who has run into this problem? I run unlocked, rooted, stock kernel, and do run Adaway. I've tried factory resets, fastboot wipe and completely stock flash, and recovery flashes of stock. I am guessing the issue has something to do with stock as I havent tried any other ROM's mostly because I am a fan of the lockscreen and feel of CM11s.

2. Jcoboy
    Honeycomb Nov 15, 2014

rbonney likes this.
  3. rbonney
    Donut Nov 17, 2014

rbonney , Nov 17, 2014 :
    I had a voicemail get stuck on the task bar even though I deleted it. Installed my visual voicemail app and once I got another voicemail and deleted that voicemail the icon finally went away. Since I haven't been without my visual voicemail since that incident I haven't had the issue anymore with that problem.

4. Prince Prince
    Cupcake Dec 15, 2014

Prince Prince , Dec 15, 2014 :

mark all as read.... and then click each individual one to show that they've been read