Stock Weather app Permissions

1. pure.by
    Gingerbread Feb 3, 2017

pure.by , Feb 3, 2017 :
    Hello everyone! I'm using OOS 3.5.6.

The stock weather app looks and works amazing, but why on Earth does it need access to my phone calls and all of my internal storage (rather than just it's own folder where it can safely and securely store all of it's cached data and everything, without gaining access to my dickpicks)?

Also, the app does not start when denied those permissions, which is outright against Android Marshmallow guidelines (denying manual permissions in MM may not result in app crashing or being unusable).

mohdbehzad likes this.
  2. bgagan4
    Eclair Feb 3, 2017

bgagan4 , Feb 3, 2017 :
    That was my first thought when it asked for permissions. But it is working fine for me despite denying access to phone calls.

3. dinjesk
    KitKat Feb 3, 2017

dinjesk , Feb 3, 2017 :
    if you won't give permission for internal storage, it can't write sh*t

G_Michael_Cairns_vHdD likes this.
  4. pure.by
    Gingerbread Feb 3, 2017

pure.by , Feb 3, 2017 :
    Then it's probably the SDcard permission that kills the app on start. Still, this shouldn't happen according to Android guidelines.

The problem is, app crashes on start if I deny phone and SD access.

5. minimos
    Cupcake Feb 11, 2017

minimos , Feb 11, 2017 :
    Yeah, it would be nice if the app would have been designed a little better and show a proper error message when having problems of access permissions.

6. Pchen1271
    Eclair Dec 24, 2017

7. Deactivated User
    Jul 25, 2018

8. iheartbretski
    Cupcake Dec 18, 2018

iheartbretski , Dec 18, 2018 :
    it still asks for these permissions. I wish they would change that. until then I'm not using it.