Stop Saying OnePlus Lied About Dimensions (Extended Picture with Z1)

1. jayodeed
    Eclair Apr 24, 2014

jayodeed , Apr 24, 2014 :
    It's a lie you're just labeling as misleading. I'm not saying its some clever coy I completely agree with you that all companies have their way of "misleading" folks and I'm saying that this shouldn't be a the reason you don't get the phone. So there is nothing childish about calling a lie a lie. It is childish to blame their marketing as the reason you won't get the phone.

Japultra likes this.
  2. dr3am_r
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

dr3am_r , Apr 24, 2014 :
    they didn`t lie ... they didint tell the truth (well ... the whole truth) :))))

3. caffeine
    Ice Cream Sandwich Apr 24, 2014

Felix and jayodeed like this.
  4. Evelven
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2014

Evelven , Apr 24, 2014 :
    however,It is still very slim for it can be inserted to such a 5.5" screen

5. devinrajaram
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

devinrajaram , Apr 24, 2014 :
    The demand for this phone is nuts, I will still try to get one, myself--regardless of bad rumors.

Muckpuck likes this.
  6. Yan
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

Yan , Apr 24, 2014 :
    The Z1 picture is misleading. "One of the best display/body ratio around" is just a lie, no way you can deny it guys...

jayodeed likes this.
  7. Deactivated User
    Apr 24, 2014

8. pixaros
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

9. Zach Mauch
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

Zach Mauch , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Muchpuck, you are totally right that OnePlus didn't lie IMHO, but they were definitely stretching the truth here. In doing so, they alienated much of the user base they have been trying so hard to reach. Consequently, they unintentionally (I believe their heart is in the right place) broke their own goal of working with honesty and integrity.

IMHO, OnePlus needs to post an apology to the forum in the Announcements. They misled so many people into thinking that the OPO was smaller than a Z1. Were they naive to think that? Probably, but it was a naivety built on their trust in OnePlus which has now been broken. OnePlus had something really special going, and now they have done some real damage to it. They will have to work to get it back.

Now, I saw this whole thing coming from the start, but I don't mind the size too much.

exiled, justyfier, Yan and 1 other person like this.
  10. Luca85
    Cupcake Apr 24, 2014

Japultra likes this.
  11. da.dindi
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

da.dindi , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Sorry, I do not want to annoy you, @Incredible_S but your post was just right for what I want to say...

Is anyone here that believes in magic? How should they be able to fint 5.5" into 5" without changing the size of the body at least a bit... If people would just think they would not take every word for real... but thats what he said allready @Funktafide

everyone does this these days...

Funktafide likes this.
  12. Yan
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

Yan , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Agree =)

13. highdetalio
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

14. magischerherbst

magischerherbst , Apr 24, 2014 :
    IMO, I don't think that OnePlus lied. And the size itself is not a problem for me either. But on the other hand, I can understand the disappointment of the people, too.

BTW, @ Muckpuck, how did you find the original photo? Cool! ;)

15. Andreas
    Gingerbread Apr 24, 2014

Andreas , Apr 24, 2014 :
    The width is smaller, the height isn't.

16. Muckpuck

Muckpuck , Apr 24, 2014 :
    You know, my good friend Pete e-mailed it to me ;)

17. Felix

Felix , Apr 24, 2014 :
    Always wait for launch day if you want to invest in phones these days. Don't set yourself up for disappointments;) That being said, I'm not disappointed with the OnePlus One. At this point of time, it is Perfection - Pricing, Support, and Design.

Muckpuck likes this.
  18. justyfier
    Honeycomb Apr 24, 2014

justyfier , Apr 24, 2014 :
    so you think this is a 5.5 inch phone in a 5 inch body like carl said? Have to see the first 5 inch phone that's 153mm long. longer than some 5.7inch phones even. This was a blatant lie. or do you see it differently?

Japultra and José Saldanha like this.
  19. john winsper
    Froyo Apr 24, 2014

john winsper , Apr 24, 2014 :
    They definitely have been a little misleading over the size comparison, I'll still buy it if they will let me

20. Muckpuck

Muckpuck , Apr 24, 2014 :
    5-inch body is a vague term. The body could be 200mm tall. They also said that the screen/body ratio would be a tiny bit better than the Nexus 5, which it is. They didn't lie the tiniest bit.

Misleading? Yes, a bit due to the vague words they used. But they didn't even come close to lying.

Here's a picture of a 5"-screen in a very big body, to help you picture it. g.png