Stop the whining about the OP5T (from a OP5 user)

1. lkutbuddin9
    Eclair Nov 19, 2017

lkutbuddin9 , Nov 19, 2017 :
    hey guys,
    so I've been a OP5 user for close to 2 and something months and I'm loving my phone and very frankly Im not that disappointed with the way one plus has released a new phone in less than 5 months. My reasons below-

Display- So the OP5T has a bigger 18:9 display which is at par with current flagships. well that's good. u know what's not good the app scaling, the black bars u get when u watch video as still most content is in the standard format, the stretching u have to do to reach the top corners. does it look better, well, yes sure it does, is it practical currently may be not.

Camera- better low light cameras. well it has a 20mp camera with the same f1.7 focal length and no OIS for better low light images. so technically it's going to get as bright as the main camera (same as OP5) but it has SMALLER pixel size. there is some software trickery promised but considering the fact that all smartphone cameras inherently struggle in low light (due to the physical limitations on how big a sensor u can have in the phone) I don't think it will be much of a difference. in fact how many such low light photos do u guys take??would want to know that.
    Plus I would have the telephoto lens anyday that zoom is practical and there is a reason Apple and other top tier manufacturers have it. bottom line it works

Specs- are the same. infact due to the larger display battery life may be a tad bit less than the OP5

Face unlock- gimmicky at best. the finger print scanner is considered more secure for a reason.

also, no change in screen resolution (waiting for 2k), no stereo speakers and no water proofing so all that still remains.

so I don't see why the OP5T is such a huge deal atleast for OP5 owners. the OP 5 is a great phone with stellar hardware and practical features. let me know Ur thoughts.

2. Devang M Pandya
    Donut Nov 19, 2017

Braedach and Shadow0929 like this.
  3. G_AMIT_CHATURVEDI_RBsa
    Honeycomb Nov 19, 2017

Braedach and Shadow0929 like this.
  4. sudhakar0208
    Eclair Nov 19, 2017

sudhakar0208 , Nov 19, 2017 :
    you are right. I don't like finger print sensor placement and long display.. but only thing i consider is better camera for same price. They should have priced it higher a bit not much. so that we 1+5 users not feel bad for new phone.

nvdeeapk15, Gughan.D and Shadow0929 like this.
  5. lkutbuddin9
    Eclair Nov 19, 2017

depends on what u consider as a better camera? if Ur really really into low light shots maybe yes it might turn out to be better. but IMO it just lost the optical zoom.. No way of getting that back. also another thing to consider is that as tech improves the camera quality will improve as u go ahead so it might have a slightly better camera

Shadow0929 likes this.
  6. H1509988750817
    Cupcake Nov 19, 2017

H1509988750817 , Nov 19, 2017 :
    i used to feel sad too but the reason u gave here pleased me a lot and was a sort of ice in the burning heat.Thnx.
    OP5 Rocks

THC_420 and Shadow0929 like this.
  7. s marandi
    Eclair Nov 19, 2017

Braedach likes this.
  8. Nachiappan Subramanian
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2017

9. Adv Sudip Diwan
    Eclair Nov 19, 2017

10. G_John_Thatcher_YRvp
    Eclair Nov 19, 2017

11. Rajatkumar29
    Honeycomb Nov 19, 2017

12. sudhakar0208
    Eclair Nov 19, 2017

sudhakar0208 , Nov 19, 2017 :
    I saw comparison online dude. 5T camera really coming out well. especially portait mode seems good. up to me telephoto lens is not a good choice. that is y oneplus itself going back to normal camera.

13. lkutbuddin9
    Eclair Nov 19, 2017

yup true that!! hopefully the software features which has fine tuned the portrait mode come to the OP5 as well. also u could give the Google camera port a try!! that improves performance by quite a bit!!

14. THC_420
    Cupcake Nov 19, 2017

THC_420 , Nov 19, 2017 :
    the only thing that pisses me off is the pricing. they sold us the op5 for a higher price of you think about it

15. G_Ian_Eian_(Ian_Tan)_zyr
    Gingerbread Nov 19, 2017

16. NovinDavis
    KitKat Nov 19, 2017

17. lkutbuddin9
    Eclair Nov 19, 2017

well I would have bought the 8+ for the sole reason that I don't mind the larger display and the higher price. point being that the 8 and 8+ are targeted at two separate sets of customers with different pricing. whereas IMO the 5 and 5T don't have a lot of differences hence the same price.

18. NovinDavis
    KitKat Nov 19, 2017

NovinDavis , Nov 19, 2017 :
    My point was They could have announced both the phones together and launched it in separate months. But i guess money hungry Giants wanted everyone to buy 5 so that they can use the profits to make 5T ... If i think over it u will understand when something new comes there is always hype .. so Oneplus decided to make 5T correcting all the flaw's they made with OP5 ...so that more people can buy 5T ... and Oneplus hype continues

19. lkutbuddin9
    Eclair Nov 19, 2017

not really!! again not trying to defend the company! but hey it's a corporate world and they trying to make money. considering the minimal differences between the two phones the pricing was bound to be similar. in fact they have increased the price everywhere except India ( which is super price sensitive, increasing price out here could reduce sales drastically IMO)

the 5 was competitively priced 6 months ago and so is the 5T currently with the sole objective being to find the right balance between sales and profits.

I would also be keen to see the BOM for both the phones that would clear things up. but I'm guessing they are making the same profit for each phone maybe even lesser for the 5T in India considering the increasing emphasis on marketing OP does with each passing year!!

THC_420 likes this.
  20. MaNemZeus
    Froyo Nov 19, 2017

MaNemZeus , Nov 19, 2017 :
    I really love my OP5. People need to understand that you don't always have to get the lastest phone. I really don't understand the mindset behind that. Great post by the way +1

Baymax and lkutbuddin9 like this.