Stop whining about NFC there's a reason they left it out

1. yetiweston
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 30, 2015

yetiweston , Jul 30, 2015 :
    Don't use it, and probably wont for at least 2 years till Android Pay is stable and working and adopted fully in the UK, we have only just got apple pay now and that's only got limited support so Android Pay will be a good year off at least just as the OP3 comes out. Yes it might have only cost a few quid more to have built in but the clearly spent that money on other things such as OIS, laser focus, fingerprint scanner, better camera sensor things I am more happy to have, and dual sim is a bonus for me

2. dachatwin
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2015

dachatwin , Jul 30, 2015 :
    Dear Clintre, read the article it came from - I posted the link. That's exactly what it says. But no one can say if it's going to take off or not. OP have decided to pursue some other innovations which they feel will make the OP2 more future proof. We'll see if they got it right...

3. Eeroz
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2015

Eeroz , Jul 30, 2015 :
    Then don't call it a flagship killer, future proof, etc..
    They've also said they want to make the best possible phone without looking at the price.. Doesn't sound like they actually did that, or do you really think they did?

4. Niff_
    Froyo Jul 30, 2015

Niff_ , Jul 30, 2015 :
    i do not have nfc and it isnt a problem. i never got into a situation where i really needed it. i get the quickcharg thingy, yes that sucks but nfc? nah dude not a problem

5. byno

byno , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I don't use NFC, never have. I think not having it, when it's supposed to be the future of payments in a phone that's been marketed as "future proof" is a bit daft.

6. Eeroz
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2015

Eeroz , Jul 30, 2015 :
    #NEVER SETTLE

Sounds like you settled.

7. jafuertes82
    Froyo Jul 30, 2015

jafuertes82 , Jul 30, 2015 :
    Can u live without it? Of course!! Does it hurt to have it? Absolutely not! There seems to be a split btwn those who definitely want it and those who don't care bc they might not be using it but there are very few that say not to have nfc. If u wanna call it a flagship.. It has to have Nfc. Quick Charge is another issue that isn't included. Moreover, the battery doesn't last as long. So idk what they did w the OP2 but seems that they have some work to do

8. musique101
    Eclair Jul 30, 2015

musique101 , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I've have no desire to start using my phone(s) for payments. Not gonna miss NFC here!

Niff_ likes this.
  9. Manwellah
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2015

10. Niff_
    Froyo Jul 30, 2015

Niff_ , Jul 30, 2015 :
    thats true except mkbhd said the battery was pretty good so where do you get your info? :)

11. jafuertes82
    Froyo Jul 30, 2015

jafuertes82 , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I haven't said the battery wasn't good. Ppl that have tested it have posted online on multiple forums that it doesn't last as long as the OPO. Doesn't necessarily mean that it's not good just that it doesn't last as long. Also, they have posted that it takes upwards of 3hrs to charge. Way more than the OPO

Last edited: Jul 30, 2015

Niff_ likes this.
  12. abaidisaac
    Eclair Jul 30, 2015

abaidisaac , Jul 30, 2015 :
    its not future proof anymore, there's android pay on its way and if there's no nfc no android pay

13. daiquiri2309
    Eclair Jul 30, 2015

14. ALombardi
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2015

ALombardi , Jul 30, 2015 :
    No NFC shows how NOT in-touch OnePlus is with customers.

No Google Wallet. Google Pay. Quick bluetooth speaker pairing. Laptop Pairing. Sharing files.

It's not a future proof phone. It's a phone from 2014, barely.

15. sirenrof
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2015

sirenrof , Jul 30, 2015 :
    Don't forget all the manipulation you can do with NFC tags ... I agree with you, man. OnePlus is out of touch. I'd bite if this feature wasn't missing. I have a OPO, this no NFC thing is kind of a kick in the balls.

16. docMario
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2015

docMario , Jul 30, 2015 :
    If you don't need it - fine for you! you won't miss it...
    But please refrain from telling ppl to stop complaining.
    I, for that matter, use NFC almost daily a) for automation (with NFC tags) and b) to connect with various devices such as bluetooth headphones and car kit. Therefore I was devastated to hear that the OP2 comes without it ...

edit: it's also a pity, esp. since they included a fingerprint scanner. It would have been a good combo for android pay or other banking/payment apps (not only google uses nfc payment).

Thoxin likes this.
  17. sirenrof
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2015

sirenrof , Jul 30, 2015 :
    You have to have NFC in your device to use the NFC tags to manipulate your phone. So, you can buy all the tags you want and all they could do with them is shove them up your butt.

18. nipmads
    Froyo Jul 30, 2015

nipmads , Jul 30, 2015 :
    One thing to say to this statement: BS!

Surely not everyone uses NFC, but to say that non one uses it is some generalization, isn't it? Where I work, most people have NFC tags for silencing their phones, disabling bluetooth etc. Also at the bedside table, living room for starting media center etc. ALL started discretely from my phone!

I do hope this is not the opinion of OP, because that would explain why they omitted the feature!

19. jmhashmi

20. hotsauce
    Lollipop Jul 30, 2015

hotsauce , Jul 30, 2015 :
    No judging allow :p