Anyway I don't use NFC at all

2. ALombardi
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2015

3. OllieHorne
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 30, 2015

4. swovcc
    Froyo Jul 30, 2015

swovcc , Jul 30, 2015 :
    Nopes - we will continue to whine. Citing an outdated article is not enough proof. What exactly is future proof? Why do companies need to bring out a phone every year if they can withstand the technological onslaught? In this business, it will be hard to predict even 6 months ahead what is coming. Look for example Carl Pei's interview that someone mentioned. NFC was planned for this phone. That was mentioned on Feb. 14. A company's interest is in catering to the majority of its loyal customers. If more people complain about this perhaps they will consider it for the next model. If it happens through sim card integration, great; through panel integration in the back cover, fantastic.. It is currently a need and unless an alternate substitutes or improves we want it back...

5. ChefChaudart
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2015

ChefChaudart , Jul 30, 2015 :
    well, a new Lamborghini has always more features than the one it replaces...

6. zaphod-beeblebrox
    KitKat Jul 30, 2015

zaphod-beeblebrox , Jul 30, 2015 :
    how come they included it on the one then?

7. i5xswipe

i5xswipe , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I pay using Google Wallet all the time. I also use NFC to transfer images and contact info to others frequently.

Deal breaker for me.

sjketchen likes this.
  8. Syre
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2015

Syre , Jul 30, 2015 :
    Compare the spec of OP2 to Moto X Pure. I'm not a fan of Motorola but come on? I dont really carea bout the NFC thing as I'm not going to put my financial info onto my device or transfer files with others as no one i know actually uses NFC. I would however like to use my wireless charger at night b/c it does act as a trickle charger. Also, a speaker at bottom like everyone else? Again moto x pure has from speakers. 10 bucks more expensive than Op2. What's really shocking to me is I'm still debating if I want to buy the Moto X Pure, wait for something else or buy the Op2 for the customization features and thumb sensor. There's also the thing about the notification slider. Does it take the phone from full volume to just vibrate or complete mute? My phones are always on vibrate with no sound.

9. housry23

housry23 , Jul 30, 2015 :
    Your article is from 2011 and it still hasn't happened yet. Just admit it, OnePlus overlooked the importance of NFC. You put a fingerprint scanner, but no NFC and with Android Pay right around the corner, that makes no sense. That doesn't mean they won't sell a lot of phones. Mobile payments isn't a big deal in a lot of places right now. NFC is part of future proofing a phone. If they really wanted the 2016 flagship killer, they should have put NFC. This is just my opinion, but yeah, NFC is the future of vending machines, cash registers, your bank and bank cards and anything else that we normally use cash and bank cards for.

danj864 and sarin.j like this.
  10. sudarshankolar
    Donut Jul 30, 2015

sudarshankolar , Jul 30, 2015 :
    well I heard that you can put an NFC on swappable back cover...don't worry...NFC isn't such a big deal at this moment and by the time it becomes a big deal we will be having OP3 ...;)

11. hazborn
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2015

hazborn , Jul 30, 2015 :
    Northern Fried Chicken - Who needs it ..... Grill and go

12. jthemob
    Froyo Jul 30, 2015

jthemob , Jul 30, 2015 :
    The problem here is not NFC... but their claim of 2016 flagship killer. When u dont know what the next years competition as to provide, dont claim so. This is why larger phone.manufacturers have multiple phones released at various price.points

13. Iliyan074
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2015

14. mwayner
    Lollipop Jul 30, 2015

15. dnewman007
    Honeycomb Jul 30, 2015

dnewman007 , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I've got NFC on my current phone and don't use it. Call me old school, but I am not going to use my phone as my credit card. I already have one.

16. tarsellis
    Froyo Jul 30, 2015

tarsellis , Jul 30, 2015 :
    I hate to feed the clueless troll, but this is just plain stupid. No Amerikan carrier is going to sell an NFC enabled SIM card, and I've never seen one in the wild or found one for legit purchase. Besides, there's no CHIP in the phone to handle NFC. So Nope, Sorry, Not Happening. No NFC EVER for OPT.

This is still a bit off, but far more likely to happen: https://au.news.yahoo.com/technology/a/28927686/mobile-sim-cards-set-to-become-obsolete/

Since the NSA and GCHQ (and probably others) have backdoor access to all your SIM cards, and the security is null at this point, an eSIM makes far more sense is is likely to take off quickly.

17. oneplusalien
    Gingerbread Jul 30, 2015

18. Maxl

Maxl , Jul 30, 2015 :
    For me its totally fine that the OnePlus 2 doesn't has NFC integrated.
    In The Netherlands mobile payment isn't growing at all, its only available for those who have a Samsung Galaxy S4/ Galaxy Note 3 atm. They can pay with the Rabobank wallet app: Rabo Wallet

And Android Pay will launch at the end of this year (US only), so that wont change it either.

And who uses Beam..?

So if you're living in The Netherlands the OnePlus 2 will be future proof there without NFC.

19. patstar5
    Jelly Bean Jul 30, 2015

patstar5 , Jul 30, 2015 :
    They are worst than apple! Dictating what we can and cannot have!
    Every flagship android phone from 2015 and 2016 will have nfc.
    Oneplus 2 is not future proof

20. dtnguyen01
    Cupcake Jul 30, 2015

dtnguyen01 , Jul 30, 2015 :
    It's a 2011 article. It's been over four years and you know what is the standard? NFC on smartphones. The one+ 2 looks great and have excellent specs, NFC should have been included.