Stories of "Zen" by Zen Mode users

1. Gary C.
    OxygenOS Operations Staff Member Dec 5, 2019

Gary C. , Dec 5, 2019 :
    zenmode.png

Hi everyone,

We would like to share some experiences by Zen Mode users. These users have expressed their feelings and how they've been influenced by Zen Mode. Do you feel the same? Let us know.

Also glad to announce that 21-Day Zen Transformation Challenge have crossed the 100,000 line!
    As a friendly remind, 21-Day Zen activity will end on December 31, this is your last opportunity to successfully get the 21-day medal on time.

1.png

Story of @manuel19

My name is Manuel. I am 22 years old from Munich, Germany. I work in the information technology sector.
    I've been using OnePlus phones since the launch of OnePlus One. I started using Zen Mode when I've received my OnePlus 7 Pro and I've loved it ever since. I was really happy when I first heard the name "Zen Mode", as it reminded me of my second favourite hero in Overwatch - Zenyatta. With a balanced spirit, the name is a perfect fit.
    Even though my phone was reset often, the statistic page says that I've used Zen Mode for more than 1500 Minutes since the 1st of August.

2.jpg

I'm a lazy person who gets distracted by my phone very easily. So, to get things done like cleaning the dishes, going to the gym, or something like that, it's helpful to have a tool like Zen Mode that helps me get away from my phone. With Zen Mode, I've cleaned more dishes than I ever would have. :D

3.jpg
    What I love most about Zen Mode is the fact that you can't just stop, pause or bypass it. This is something that makes it very powerful.
    In conclusion, I think it's a fantastic, powerful tool if you're concerned you might be spending too much time on your phone.

Story of @sandeep.ebenson
    I'm Sandeep Ebenson, 19 years old. I'm pursuing my bachelor's in instrumentation engineering in Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India.

I've used various OnePlus phone right from OnePlus 3 to OnePlus 6, which I'm presently using. I started using Zen Mode when it was introduced with the OnePlus 6.

4.png
    As of now, I've spent 1020 minutes in Zen Mode. I use Zen Mode to stay away from my phone and concentrate on my studies or work. The notifications are tempting. But by using Zen Mode all the notifications get blocked. This semester by using Zen Mode I was able to study better and gained 9 points in my semester exams. Earlier it was around 8 points.

5_2.jpg
    Zen Mode has also helped me connect with people in real life. There are times when I use Zen Mode to stay away from my phone to spend some quality time with family and friends.
    I think Zen Mode is an amazing feature to take time off your phone, to make amazing memories and spend time with people, and also to get your work done.

Story of Bingtian

Hi, I’m Bingtian from Liaoning Province, China, 25 years old. I am a long-term user of OnePlus Zen Mode with more than 20,000 minutes of Zen.

6.png
    I use Zen Mode mainly to prepare for CPA. Working as an internal auditor, I need to learn a lot about accounting to pass the examinations. I aim to pass all of the 6 professional exams in CPA within this year.

So I bought OnePlus 7 Pro on 1st May this year when I found out about Zen Mode after comparing several smartphones. I believed it could help me prepare for the exams.
    I have been heavily addicted to mobile phones. I loved to browse social media and I could only spare some of my free time to prepare for exams, which required great self-discipline. After turning on Zen Mode, my phone would be locked and could only receive calls and take photos. This helped me concentrate on studies.

Another feature that I love Zen Mode is Statistics. The page shows the details of the time spent, which gives me a sense of achievement and shows progress toward my aim.
    I took the last several exams recently and the results are expected to come out in late December. I wish myself good luck and hope that all OnePlus users use Zen Mode to unlock more achievements.

8.png

A huge applause for them! We're looking forward to hearing from more users.
    Don't miss the chance to win the 21-Day Zen Transformation medal!

Never Settle!

2. YRJ
    Marshmallow Dec 5, 2019

HOuhasna, MALU8484, maan1996 and 19 others like this.
  3. manuel19
    KitKat Dec 5, 2019

4. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 5, 2019

5. YRJ
    Marshmallow Dec 5, 2019

YRJ , Dec 5, 2019 :
    You are using 2 devices :rolleyes:

6. manuel19
    KitKat Dec 5, 2019

7. manuel19
    KitKat Dec 5, 2019

8. YRJ
    Marshmallow Dec 5, 2019

YRJ , Dec 5, 2019 :
    Looks like a oneplus 1 :eek:

9. manuel19
    KitKat Dec 5, 2019

maan1996, gaster, jlasensiofi and 3 others like this.
  10. BobbyV8_
    The Showcase Reviewer Dec 5, 2019

BobbyV8_ , Dec 5, 2019 :
    With 2 days to complete the 21Day challenge, will share my results after successful completion

Screenshot_20191205-173801.jpg

11. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 5, 2019

G_plusone , Dec 5, 2019 :
    Zen is indeed helpful for those who are easily distracted and have less self control like me .

Thanks to @manuel19 and @sandeep.ebenson for sharing their Zen stories
    Also all the Best for Bingtian for his Exams :)
    20000 minutes is quite commendable

Last edited: Dec 6, 2019

12. Hiteish Sharma , via OnePlus 7 Pro Nebula Blue , Dec 5, 2019 :
    Hey guys, I need some help here!

I've been trying to do the 21 days' challenge since it has been introduced. I start the ZenMode for that challenge at the confirmed time which I've mentioned in the app, and when I wake up on the next day, the notification tells me that I've failed and need to try again. I tried with the 7 & 14 days' challenge as well, same thing happened. I even tried to start the ZenMode even before the 2 hours' time but have always woken up to the notification saying I failed.

Can you please tell me why this is happening?

13. FlixbusLennart
    The Lab - OnePlus 6 Reviewer Dec 5, 2019

jlasensiofi and manuel19 like this.
  14. Krzysiek_K
    Froyo Dec 5, 2019

Krzysiek_K , Dec 5, 2019 :
    Here is my story.

Zen Mode is a bloatware that cannot completely removed.

Can you give users ability to completely remove this unwanted application?

15. jlasensiofi
    KitKat Dec 5, 2019

jlasensiofi , Dec 5, 2019 :
    What good stories of @manuel19 , @sandeep_ebenson and Bingtian have shared @Gary C. Congratulations to all of them ;)

I use Zen mode when I go to my English class, but I don't have as many accumulated minutes as they do. Anyway I find it very useful and I use it some more.

It is a great invention :)

16. 18VK
    Froyo Dec 5, 2019

17. Hugeatom342
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2019

Mclaren2507 and G_plusone like this.
  18. anunayC
    Gingerbread Dec 5, 2019

19. rajakumar3033
    Donut Dec 5, 2019

20. luigimario
    The Lab - OnePlus 6T Reviewer Dec 5, 2019

luigimario , Dec 5, 2019 :
    Hi Gary! I love the challenge and I'd like to win the medal too but I'm sure as you've heard from many others there is some sort of bug that doesn't register starting Zen mode at bedtime (from the notification). This makes it impossible to get the medal even though I'm activating Zen mode at the correct time each night.

Any idea what the issue might be and a way to get around it? Thanks!

G_plusone and manuel19 like this.