Storm winners in Europe (Headcount)

1. grodronos
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2014

2. leel
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2014

3. grafstarr
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2014

grafstarr , Jun 26, 2014 :
    I think the idea behind the Invite-system was to spread the OPO under the supporters. How would this work if nobody knew who had won an invite and can give away three others? And what is the deeper thought in giving away invites to people not using the forums to spread the invites?

4. moses
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2014

moses , Jun 26, 2014 :
    Hope i will get my invite and order One before 15 July since i m one of the early member, and i m traveling on 15 July.

5. Pico
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jun 26, 2014

Pico , Jun 26, 2014 :
    Only one winner in France today
    http://forums.oneplus.net/threads/storm-winners.43718/

6. MMOELLER
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2014

7. dcohr
    Eclair Jun 26, 2014

dcohr , Jun 26, 2014 :
    Still waiting for them to teach us statistics :rolleyes: . Guess it's not so easy to unrig a rigged contest. It was either way rigged that way that only a small amount of invites goes to Europe due to the CE-marking problem or it was rigged that way that 95% of the invites went to the non forum members as they hoped to pacifiy the forum enough with the early supporter plan bullshit which is basically an anouncement which admits they are at least 3 weeks behind schedule - and that without any apology or clear admittance that they screwed up.
    And seems like they wanted to use the storm invites to calm the other front (facebook/twitter) . Or there aren't even 2500 invites.
    And ya as they are not publishing anything this speculation is legit.
    And even with the high uncertainty involved
    (i.e. users reporting their invites) there are statistical interferences possible. And right now these conclusions don't seem reassuring.
    So either way OP should publish a list with the number of winners per country and the percentage of forum and not forum winners or the speculation will go on forever. As they haven't done a step which would take only 2 minutes and could end all the speculations ... well .... everybody is entitled to their own thoughts ;)

MMOELLER, sillit, SteffenG and 2 others like this.
  8. SteffenG
    KitKat Jun 26, 2014

9. mullar

mullar , Jun 26, 2014 :
    @dcohr : You should mark one ore more staff-members in Your post (therewith they read this) or send them this suggestion (same reason) ... may be You get an answer we could reproduce partially ...

10. llexus
    Gingerbread Jun 26, 2014

11. mullar

mullar , Jun 26, 2014 :
    We're not interested in IP-numbers!!
    YOUR company knows which (random chosen) user got an invite and YOUR company knows the connection between chosen forum-user and his country ... that means YOU could group and count the invites per country very easy - a query which takes only parts of a second.

And we're only interested in a total number of forum-users per country. We're not interested in numbers of winners from facebook or twitter ...

If You only really would want it, You could do this, @David S. ...

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014

moses likes this.
  12. Pico

Pico , Jun 26, 2014 :
    In France, it's the same thing. We want a list and explications. Do you want create a thread with survey to know the number of europeans who want that? And if we are many europeans to say yes, may be David S , Carl, Pete or Emmanuel do it.
    I don't speak well in English and it's difficult for me to create this in good english. Why in English? Because it's a thread for all europeans!!!
    (sorry for my bad english)

dcohr likes this.
  13. Supernes90
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2014

Supernes90 , Jun 26, 2014 :
    Well today sh*t just got real... every europeans members start to yell at OnePlus :D

Hope we'll have an answer

14. Owl
    Donut Jun 26, 2014

Owl , Jun 26, 2014 :
    By IP-Address you can get the localization of this people, less than that users may be using a VPN connection..
    here

Last edited: Jun 26, 2014

15. Hairyharris1980
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2014

Hairyharris1980 , Jun 26, 2014 :
    This is shocking. Man, I'm out of here soon, feels like a total waste of time.

16. gilljohniez
    Froyo Jun 26, 2014

gilljohniez , Jun 26, 2014 :
    I'm out, in Sweden here and didn't hear a thing. Would be nice to get an email saying unfortunately you didn't win. Just to know your entry was at least received.

I'm just going to leave it and when its available its available. I need a new phone but will just wait. Maybe the find 7 is out soon. Or something even better?

Supernes90 likes this.
  17. SteffenG
    KitKat Jun 26, 2014

SteffenG , Jun 26, 2014 :
    In the Slovak and Czech threads they say its 1 winner in there...they assume most winners are not even on the forum from social media accounts...

18. lareeth
    Cupcake Jun 26, 2014

lareeth , Jun 26, 2014 :
    You can add me to the United Kingdom count, I got the invite yesterday.

moses likes this.
  19. ectoraige
    Honeycomb Jun 26, 2014

ectoraige , Jun 26, 2014 :
    Seriously? You do realise most of the 100k+ members aren't particularly active. They'll happily lurk, and enter a competition or two but after that? Nada. Don't forget as well that there'll be plenty here who registered dummy accounts, or got partners/friends/family to join as well. Many of them probably won't announce it for fear of being caught out.

Take a peek at a few random members - go to http://forums.oneplus.net/members/member.40679/ and just change the number at the end to whatever you want. Most will probably have one or two posts, if any.

Why don't you compile a complete list of winners from all countries, that might give a better idea of any bias. Do the same for the race winners too, I'm sure those will be skewed based on the time the each race was announced.

20. Ziezo
    Jelly Bean Jun 26, 2014

Ziezo , Jun 26, 2014 :
    if you got the invite yesterday then you are not a storm winner, but a race winner