[Story time] 3 years at OnePlus forums

1. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 1, 2019

Starcommander , Dec 1, 2019 :
    20191201_004751_0000.png
    Hey guys, this is your Starcommander aka Starlord aka Estrellita aka Tara

On November 14th, 2019 I successfully completed 3 years in this forums. Let me share my experience with you! :D

Before I begin, let me share my back story :

Date of joining : 14th November, 2016

I still remember the day signing up for the forums.
    I was given the username :

Screenshot_20191201-100918.jpg
    The first thing I noticed was the forum design. It was different from other forums and was so cool. I liked the design.
    I went to the OnePlus 3 section and checked the update changelog thread. That's all I did in the initial days of forum.

However.......
    On December, 2016 I had a serious health issue and I was hospitalized for 6 months straight.
    Being in the hospital I kept on checking the forums.

On March, 2017
    A visiting doctor brought copy of Times of India with OnePlus 3T at home page. He asked me
    "Isn't this the same phone you use? How is this phone?"
    I felt proud and shared the same thing on the forums. It was my first post in the forum.

I got my discharge on
    30 May, 2017 and I was in the recovery phase.

28th August, 2017
    Screenshot_20191201-120731.jpg
    I joined the open beta for OnePlus 3.
    My true participation in the forums started after shifting from stable to open Beta.
    I used to open forums once in a while.

4th December, 2017
    I got the first private message from @Celia C
    I was so happy to contribute by sharing the logs. I was a noob in those days. I didn't even know how to share a folder:p. She taught me everything from basics like how to zip the files and how to share them. Thank you for teaching me!

My participation in the forums was limited to OxygenOS thread. I never participated in any contests.

I wandered through the forums in stealth mode!
    [​IMG]
    This saga continued till OnePlus 6 launch.

3rd April, 2018
    Addition of notch in OnePlus 6 series brought a turbulence in the forums. It was to early to judge a book by its cover. I started to participate in OnePlus 6 section, taking part in all the surveys.

Those days were so different than today. I remember people yelling at moderators for getting their posts removed and I was like "how does it looks like? Do we get a warning? Anyways who cares!" and kept moving on.

My OnePlus was starting to show signs of aging.

14th June, 2018
    I created a thread asking OnePlus 3 display popping out. Should I continue to use it?
    For the first time I met @SoniaB Her response was professional and precise. She asked me to check the root cause with service centre. If battery was swollen, I should immediately stop using it.

6th November, 2018
    OnePlus 6t was launched. I was looking for an upgrade but wanted a different color. I kept asking in the forums finally the news of thunder purple arrived.
    [​IMG]

14th November, 2018
    I created yet another thread asking how many people are interested in thunder purple?
    It looked so good in renders! :hearteyes:

16th November, 2018
    Finally, I purchased OnePlus 6t. It was more like my birthday gift from my dad. ( ꈍᴗꈍ)
    My participation in forums grew exponentially after buying 6T.

27th November, 2018
    Screenshot_20191201-130221.jpg

I was on top of the world. First time I won something from OnePlus. I remember having sem3 exams and gave more priority to this contest than exams:p

1st Week of December, 2018
    #FallingStarChallenge
    I started to get interest in these contests. I got an invite for explorer bagpack which I didn't purchase for obvious reasons.

15 December, 2018
    Change of DP :
    For the first time I added a dp.
    CC_20191130_222704.png

January 2019
    This was the time I started to participate in shot on OnePlus contests. I used to upload as many pictures as possible, lol. I feel ashamed of spamming those days.

I started to check the forums daily. I used to comment on every thread but still mainly focused on OxygenOS and contests section.

17th February, 2019
    #PMchallenge
    This is the time when I first created a legitimate thread with header images. It was so fun to create a thread and to see some great responses.

Around the same time I had some embarrassing situation. Those who know me, they will understand what I am talking about:p

My participation in forum activities kept on increasing but it never became an addiction.

23rd April, 2019
    OnePlus launched oneplus 7 pro and boy!! That is still my dream phone. I loved everything about it but most important was the almond color. I couldn't describe her beauty in words.

11th June, 2019
    Perhaps many loved the almond variant and @Ruby G. came with an amazing contest "[poetry + pics] Show the beauty of Almond"

Honestly speaking, I never thought I would win:
    Here was my poem
    Winning this contest resulted in more love for forums than social media.

26th July, 2019
    I got invited for a product interview with Christine. She was so humble. I loved talking to her. She was understanding. All these was increasing my love for the forums.
    I met @BhavyaMehta0786 after this interview through emails.

August, 2019
    (entry to WormHole)
    Now I was participating in the contests, all previous threads and was enjoying my time. One word game, alphabetical game, so many games I kept on participating.
    Here I became friends with @YRJ from his eargasm thread, @B_Wrath from OxygenOS thread and @G_plusone

Soon I stumped upon the wormhole thread. That place is truely a Wormhole. It was a different experience in all. I was chatting with people all over the world. Someone suggested me that my profile sounded similar to Starlord and this gave rise to my next dp change :
    CC_20191130_222745.png
    Soon, forums members became family members. I was talking to them without any fear. It was so much fun.
    From have 1-2 notifications to have 87 notifications a day, I knew I have been addicted to the forums.

8th August, 2019
    I made my appearance on the cube with the star thread "Tips and tricks to capture emotions"

30 August, 2019
    I met @dsmonteiro and @David Y on zoom meeting.
    They were so nice. I used to tell monty how much I wanted a 12gb ram and he shared 2gb ram of his before the match:p
    Those were some amazing moments in my OnePlus community.
    I started to play pubg with David!. I remember during one custom room match I deliberately landed along with David. I got the gun kept shooting around him but never killed him. I was actually teasing him. He kept on running and I followed him, lol:p:p. It was hilarious.
    [​IMG]

14th September, 2019
    Everything OnePlus by @Impersonal is the thread which changed everything. My participation in forums skyrocketed after his thread.
    I made new friends @B.I.T.S. @Wonderwoman13

I am an introvert person but through this forums I made a bestie @Wonderwoman13 and many others.
    I was given a new name : Tara by @Wonderwoman13 and Estrellita by @B.I.T.S.

1st week of October, 2019
    (Week of winnings)
    This was the week where I won the most.
    Bullets wireless 2 from powerbang Ama
    Explorer bagpack from powerbang ama
    Explorer bagpack from everything oneplus
    McLaren T-shirt from pubg event
    $20 oneplus coupon
    [​IMG]

2nd Week of October, 2019
    Things started to change after 2nd week of October. I had a fight with someone for the first time in forums. This shook me from inside.
    I usually ignore them but somehow I couldn't.

3rd Week of October, 2019
    I was completely addicted to this forums. I used to chat day and night with my Wormies, and I was not able to focus on my studies. Exams were approaching and I kept thinking about few mean allegations levied on me.
    [​IMG]

November, 2019
    I never shared this with anyone but @Crystal Z. I want to thank you from bottom of my heart for allowing me to host the contest. You helped me a lot regaining my lost confidence. I hosted the contest which had amazing participations.

The contest ended along with my 3 years in the forums.

Thank you everyone for your support!
    [​IMG]
    View this thread in light mode for best experience!

Last edited: Dec 3, 2019

2. Impersonal
    Jelly Bean Dec 1, 2019

Impersonal , Dec 1, 2019 :
    Thank you for everything you do around here, I (we) really appreciate you !
    Here's to your health so we can enjoy the journey in this Community further together!
    giphy.gif

As for Everything OnePlus Contest, it really was a mainly fun thread (to bad it got closed), but yeah it was a thread that celebrated the Community itself, and had the mission/desire to help great users blossom and fulfill their potential, to help "new" users mingle with the already great roster of great users... (that's the mission of the Cube, platform itself), users that really becomed "brands" of the Community, users that were hidden in the 2.5 mil population of the threads, @David Y. can confirm this, obviously it exceed any expectations, and some awesome boys and girls really rise to the occasion and got more involved with the Community in general... That beeing said, I really hope the winners of that great thread will receive their prizes as soon as possible ;)

Take care Tara !

the_o2, buntycubal, B.I.T.S. and 5 others like this.
  3. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 1, 2019

Yeah thanks. I am sure there are many more members to join this forums.

MosheG1, buntycubal, B.I.T.S. and 4 others like this.
  4. G_plusone
    Marshmallow Dec 1, 2019

MosheG1, buntycubal, B.I.T.S. and 5 others like this.
  5. SoniaB
    Nougat Senior Moderator Dec 1, 2019

Anshu3110, the_o2, MosheG1 and 8 others like this.
  6. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 1, 2019

Same here :)
    Thank you for always supporting me:D

7. Cheetosdust
    Starting Point Expert Dec 1, 2019

8. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 1, 2019

9. BhavyaMehta0786
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 1, 2019

BhavyaMehta0786 , Dec 1, 2019 :
    I wish you could give me one of those prizes which would be a pretty good change from all the Type-C bullets that I have collected ಥ‿ಥ... Jokes aside it has been great knowing you and that charging dock was so cool that I am planning to make one for myself(◔‿◔)

10. YRJ
    Marshmallow Dec 1, 2019

YRJ , Dec 1, 2019 :
    Wow! Nice look back on the amazing 3 years @Starcommander You are doing great and winning loads. I wish you continue the streak.

Cheers! ;)

11. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 1, 2019

I will, sure!
    Thanks

12. BhavyaMehta0786
    Ice Cream Sandwich Dec 1, 2019

BhavyaMehta0786 , Dec 1, 2019 :
    Shalt thou give me the blessings to break the curse of the Type-C bullets which have been put on this lowly mortal by the community gods

13. Wonderwoman13
    KitKat Dec 1, 2019

Wonderwoman13 , Dec 1, 2019 :
    Wow! Congratulations on completing 3 years on the forum!
    Ohhhh hmmm hmmmmo_O:p

Yusss! I'm among that 'many'!!!!! Same pinch!
    I so wished they could have thought of almond variant when releasing 6T:(
    We were friends since August tho, forgot?:(:D

And did it ever come across ur mind that you would be friends with THE wonderwoman, ever?:D jk!:p

But anyway,
    I'm so glad that we spoke and became friends so quick!
    You are one of the best thing, the community gave me!:)
    Keep spreading ur starry presence here on the forum for more and more coming years.
    Many congratulations once again, for ur forum anniversary!:)

14. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Dec 1, 2019

15. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 1, 2019

Shhhhhhhhhh
    I know re.....
    Friends since August, bestie since September
    Did it ever come across ur mind that you would be friends with THE STARLORD? :cool:
    Thank you bouncer!!!!! :D

16. B.I.T.S.
    KitKat Dec 1, 2019

B.I.T.S. , Dec 1, 2019 :
    Estrellitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa ლ(ꈍωꈍლ)

Happy third anniversary. You are already a tiny toddler starting school :p

I hope that you can see my three years here. That will me I'll see your sixth celebration!!

17. Starcommander
    Lollipop Dec 1, 2019

Thank you :D

18. Bouncer71
    OnePlus 7 Pro Sample Shot Photographer Dec 1, 2019

Bouncer71 , Dec 1, 2019 :
    You're more than welcome...

Btw...
    Care for some Cinnamon Star cookies...??:p

IMG_20191201_164645__01_001.jpg

19. Starcommander