Strange Indian Customer- Ran around for invite but when open sale appears not many buying

1. prasathvishnu
    Honeycomb Feb 10, 2015

prasathvishnu , Feb 10, 2015 :
    When there is limited supply, people run for it even if it requires premium pricing. That is for sure.

Initially, Flash Sales were used as a mechanism to handle limited quantity and big demand. But, now Flash Sales are mechanism to create demand and hype.

Live Examples - Redmi 1S, Redmi Note and Lenovo A6000. :)

My friend bought 3 Lenovo A6000 and 1 Redmi Note 4G for gifting. Later, he got Zenfone 5 at 7200. So, he had to return one A6000 and the Redmi Note 4G.

Flipkart did not accept the returns and he listed in OLX and Quikr. There was no takers at cost price. After waiting for 10 days, the price it was sold was

Redmi Note 4G - 9,000 (1000 Loss)
    Lenovo A6000 - 7000 (Cost Price)

Meanwhile, Xiaomi and Lenovo are still conducting Flash Sales every week and all the units are sold out in 2-3 seconds. Do you think they were having limited quantity. I don't believe that. That is just to make sure that people think these phones are hard to get. :D

Btw, Lenovo A6000 is a very good phone for its price. It has pretty decent build quality and good battery life.

2. gopi.maddula
    Donut Feb 10, 2015

Attached Files:

manish sharma and nik87 like this.
  3. ajith12312
    Eclair Feb 10, 2015

ajith12312 , Feb 10, 2015 :
    I wish i had known!! There's something about flipkart's marketing that beats amazons in India. For example i get an irritating notification on my phone that the mi4 flash sale is going to happen. But nothing from the amazon app. (I know i couldve just checked my mail or this forum). I had given up and trying to get an invite and now this comes along and i miss it! My life is a lie! arghh

manish sharma likes this.
  4. nachiket1400
    Cupcake Feb 10, 2015

5. sundeepksk
    Eclair Feb 10, 2015

sundeepksk , Feb 10, 2015 :
    ordered two one+1 's in the last week one with invites and the other in open sale.
    My sister in US will beordering one 16gig OPO in a while.
    Gotto love the fone.

6. cdrin
    Honeycomb Feb 10, 2015

cdrin , Feb 10, 2015 :
    Now the stock is exhausted. Slow and steady but still won the race for the day.With Invite still available

nik87 likes this.
  7. nikita.raymond.massey
    Cupcake Feb 10, 2015

nikita.raymond.massey , Feb 10, 2015 :
    OK, so a LOT of people didn't BUY the phone in today's flash sale. They just added it to their amazon 'cart' and are now trying to sell it with commission through COD. They will keep the "exclusive invite" too that comes with it, to sell later... And genuine buyers like me have to suffer because these crooks made the product go out-of-stock so early.. I don't know where in this forum to complaint & show proof of the same. HELP.

nik87 likes this.
  8. gopi.maddula
    Donut Feb 10, 2015

9. blackscorpio
    Froyo Feb 10, 2015

blackscorpio , Feb 10, 2015 :
    waiting to buy the LAST one..;)

ayush1506 and gopi.maddula like this.
  10. vinojohn
    Honeycomb Feb 10, 2015

vinojohn , Feb 10, 2015 :
    LOL. Strange some users missed to get the phone despite the fact that the sale was open from 10 am and amazon had accepted bookings until 4 pm. !!!

11. talluri
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 10, 2015

12. mayanks
    Jelly Bean Feb 10, 2015

mayanks , Feb 10, 2015 :
    in case u need it, its still in my cart... but will be auto-removed by 6.

13. abhinav202020
    Gingerbread Feb 10, 2015

abhinav202020 , Feb 10, 2015 :
    One plus is not selling this phone at any loss.they claim to provide phones at reasonable prices.but they forget reasonable pricing when repairing broken devices and charge exhobirant prices! ..Height of double policies..they may not charge low for repair.but should charge at average market rates.but here they are charging even more than other established brands.. Double policies...

14. calmkeeper
    Froyo Feb 10, 2015

calmkeeper , Feb 10, 2015 :
    This open sale will happen every Tuesday...so you have chance in the coming week.

15. dushmin
    Ice Cream Sandwich Feb 10, 2015

dushmin , Feb 10, 2015 :
    Nope, that is only for international markets , in the Indian ad they did not mention about the same.

16. yourstruly
    Jelly Bean Feb 10, 2015

yourstruly , Feb 10, 2015 :
    Just two things: amazon doesn't offer commission on exclusive items
    "Exclusive invite" isn't exclusive anymore since you can now buy Oneplus without any invite on Tuesdays....this solves the invite crisis to a great extend

17. nikita.raymond.massey
    Cupcake Feb 10, 2015

Commission means "Bribe" to put my address on the COD, for their "in-cart" product (OPO) which they Hogged illegally, since they had no intention to buy it.
    And the Tuesday sale is not in India yet... So the invites remain elusive here.

18. yourstruly
    Jelly Bean Feb 10, 2015

yourstruly , Feb 10, 2015 :
    Why wud someone hog it in their cart...if I am buyer I wud rather wait for next Tuesday when I can get it for free
    BTW. The Tuesday no invite sale is also available for India if you are not aware

19. manish sharma
    Froyo Feb 10, 2015

manish sharma , Feb 10, 2015 :
    There i
    There is no comparison between lenovo/one plus, mi4/one plus,,,,they are limited in certain issues and features....but one plus is all round equipped ... That's ultimate....

20. nikita.raymond.massey
    Cupcake Feb 10, 2015

As for the "WHY?" These people will make easy money.
    How it works aka crooks' MO-
    1) Go to your Amazon account, add the product (OnePlus) to your cart. (no paying, see)
    Because its a flash sale, the product will be out of stock soon.
    2) Go to Facebook page/ fan communities etc. of OnePlus (plenty of people will be sulking there abt missing the opportunity)
    3) Write "i have a spare invite, anyone interested? pm me"
    4) When u get pm from interested people - change "have invite" to "got phone in cart"
    5) Now ask for money (anything from 1-3k) , to be transferred in your account (not bank account but paytm etc.) as bribe (easy money) for giving the phone to them.
    6) Put the buyer's address on shipping & choose cash-on-delivery payment mode (see, no paying from your pocket, again)
    7) So technically (to OnePlus & amazon) you (the crook) remain the buyer & will receive the OnePlus invite too, later. Which you can sell again to desperate people (Going rate is 2.5k in India)
    [PS: all this has to be done before Amazon auto-deletes items in your cart]
    SO - just by sitting at home these cons pocket around 5k..
    And NO the blog post clearly says the sale was one-time only (for now)