Strange Shipping Routing for Fedex Delivery; Why????

1. Dravid
    Eclair Nov 3, 2018

Dravid , Nov 3, 2018 :
    I live in a suburb in New York City and ordered the Oneplus 6T on Nov 1. The tracking shows that the package left Union, New Jersey on Nov 2, arrived in New York City on Nov 3, and, on the same day, is now headed to the Memphis, Tennessee (TN), which I understand is a FedEx hub. What I don't get is if the package is to be delivered to New York City (and it was here on Nov 3), why it was sent to Memphis! It doesn't make any sense. Is your delivery routing crazy as well?

2. Q1541247636289
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2018

Q1541247636289 , Nov 3, 2018 :
    wow that sucks I took my butt to 42nd to pick mine up I hate deliverys hopefully it's a computer error if not your phone will travel the USA lol

3. tylernLA
    Cupcake Nov 3, 2018

tylernLA , Nov 3, 2018 :
    OnePlus has no way of telling FedEx how to route. FedEx is professionals in delivery. I'm sure it was for a reason.

4. G_Neal_Craparo_Llll
    Gingerbread Nov 3, 2018

G_Neal_Craparo_Llll , Nov 3, 2018 :
    FedEx issue no a OnePlus issue. Odds are I imagine your package was a part of a not broken down bulk delivery and it gets broken down at the hub and dispatched for individual delivery there. it happens.

5. Cervantes
    Moderator Moderator Nov 3, 2018

Cervantes , Nov 3, 2018 :
    You can ask FedEx

6. root_master
    Ice Cream Sandwich Nov 3, 2018

Excalibur60 likes this.
  7. theshinybeast
    Marshmallow Nov 3, 2018

8. Dravid
    Eclair Nov 3, 2018

Dravid , Nov 3, 2018 :
    Thank you for this as it could be an explanation. As you are aware, the credit card payment is charged to Oneplus, Hong Kong, so it has to be originally shipped from there otherwise it would be subject to US sales tax. But, shipping individual phones separately from Hong Kong would result it prohibitive shipping charges. So, FedEx must have a system for bulk shippers wherein the item is combined with other oneplus phones and sent via a bulk package, which initially gets routed to a FedEX hub (like Memphis), a point at which the bulk package is then separated into individual phone packages and then rerouted to the individual's destination. This could be an explanation.

I am curious to ascertain if other persons have experienced something similar which could then make this hypothesis -- a fact and solve the mystery.

9. Comixs
    Eclair Nov 3, 2018

Comixs , Nov 3, 2018 :
    I know how you feel. I'm in the Bronx and was really ticked off seeing it leave NYC and go to TN

10. Dravid
    Eclair Nov 4, 2018

Dravid , Nov 4, 2018 :
    Thanks. You essentially confirmed my hypothesis. I can't blame Oneplus though. They are trying to economize on shipping which otherwise may have cost over $50 if it came direct to your home from Hong Kong by bypassing the FedEx hub.

11. meatandy
    Oreo Nov 4, 2018

meatandy , Nov 4, 2018 :
    How did you know Elvis works at the Memphis FedEx hub?

Excalibur60 and theshinybeast like this.
  12. meatandy
    Oreo Nov 4, 2018

meatandy , Nov 4, 2018 :
    Yes , mine also.

From California to Memphis back to Minneapolis.

13. Dravid
    Eclair Nov 4, 2018

Dravid , Nov 4, 2018 :
    His guitar and clothing are at the hub.

Excalibur60 and meatandy like this.
  14. rservello
    Gingerbread Nov 4, 2018

rservello , Nov 4, 2018 :
    FedEx is the worst.. It will go out of is way too delivery "on time". My estimate is Tuesday. It's currently 35 miles from my house. It will be here Tuesday.

15. Hoots2
    Gingerbread Nov 4, 2018

Hoots2 , Nov 4, 2018 :
    Just happened to me. Was shipped from New Jersey to Memphis. Next day ended in Tampa, 10 miles from my house. This morning I get a notification from 17 track, my package is now in Orlando, WTH! Orlando is horrible, it will sit there for 2 days then back to Tampa. Fedup X always did suck!

16. Comixs
    Eclair Nov 4, 2018

Comixs , Nov 4, 2018 :
    So they lost a day taking it to TN, then brought it back, and it has been "departed" from Newark for 12h...
    upload_2018-11-4_14-48-30.png

17. Dravid
    Eclair Nov 4, 2018

Dravid , Nov 4, 2018 :
    You'll are not getting it. This has nothing to do with FedEx. It actually has to do with YOU. If you are prepared to pay $50 shipping from Hong Kong you will get it faster. If, however, you want $9.99 or free shipping, it is first shipped bulk, and only then sorted at a FedEx hub. This is a mechanism to keep shipping cost low. I ordered the phone on Thursday Nov 1, around 4 pm. Tracking commenced from Nov 2 and I will likely receive the phone tomorrow Monday Nov 5 at best or Tuesday, at worst. And, I opted for free shipping. So despite the crazy routing, delivery would be super fast, relatively.

18. Dravid
    Eclair Nov 6, 2018

Dravid , Nov 6, 2018 :
    I ordered the phone on Thursday Nov 1, around 4 pm. Tracking commenced from Nov 2 and I received the phone on Monday Nov 5. So, despite the circuitous routing, I received the phone in just 2 business days after I placed the order with standard shipping .

19. rservello
    Gingerbread Nov 6, 2018