[Answered] Strong lens flare ( blue dot )

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nimish Naik
    Gingerbread Jan 1, 2017

Nimish Naik , Jan 1, 2017 :
    Hi Team,
    Wondering if this is a camera defect or something related to software. I can see lens flare in the form of strong blue dot. I have attached pictures for your convenience.

dsac23, nasosg and sanc.kumar like this.
  2. Gregvandy
    Froyo Jan 3, 2017

Gregvandy , Jan 3, 2017 :
    We have a couple threads about this subject. As I noted in the other thread, it seems to be a normal thing with cameras on smartphones in general. Both 3T's I have do this. It's very pronounced on the new Pixel phones. My s7 edge and 6p do it as well. I don't believe it's any sort of defect.

3. Nimish Naik
    Gingerbread Jan 5, 2017

Nimish Naik , Jan 5, 2017 :
    Thanks for the reply Greg, However, Pixel has confirmed the bug and will be released a firmware to rectify the flare.

Quick question, do you get the same strong blue flare in the form a dot or a bubble ?

4. Gregvandy
    Froyo Jan 5, 2017

5. Nimish Naik
    Gingerbread Jan 5, 2017

Can you share some pictures of the blue flare if you don't mind.

6. Gregvandy
    Froyo Jan 5, 2017

Gregvandy , Jan 5, 2017 :
    1483597004653.jpg
    It looks like blue dots but the closer you are to the light source, the more it looks like a bubble

Nimish Naik likes this.
  7. Gregvandy
    Froyo Jan 5, 2017

1483597160638.jpg
    Every phone that I've tried shows the same effect. Like a reflection of the light on the lense. I'm not sure if it's a defect or not. I would think not because the S7 and pixel I have both have the same effect but I really don't know. It's very pronounced on the pixel xl, as in that It's much more sensitive to blue dots/reflection in the pics with a strong light source. I didn't notice this at all on the 3T until I saw this thread and had to check it out

Nimish Naik likes this.
  8. Nimish Naik
    Gingerbread Jan 5, 2017

Thanks Greg for your time and feedback. I hope this can be rectified through a firmware as google has promised to eliminate the flaring on their pixel devices. But it is kinda annoying to say the least. :(

Gregvandy likes this.
  9. Gregvandy
    Froyo Jan 5, 2017

I agree, I would love to see some improvement of the camera through software. While I am happy with the 3T'S camera in general, I know the sensor is capable of better. OnePlus does a great job with software in general but the fact that updates were few & far between with the OP2 leads me to think that the only updates the 3/3T will see in the near future is for major bugs. Myself, I haven't had any major issues myself but some users have.

Nimish Naik likes this.
  10. sanc.kumar
    Gingerbread Jan 6, 2017

sanc.kumar , Jan 6, 2017 :
    Yep, it's there for me too... Pretty prominent. Don't know if oneplus will release a fix like pixel. :(
    1483670949009.jpg

11. Saumyadip Sarkar
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2017

Saumyadip Sarkar , Feb 27, 2017 :
    I am also facing the same issue. Recently purchased and got a replacement but with same issue. Not sure if it is a camera issue or any forward or software issue.

12. Saumyadip Sarkar
    Cupcake Feb 27, 2017

Saumyadip Sarkar , Feb 27, 2017 :
    Are we going to get any updates on this issue? Will it get resolved or should I return my product and take refund?

13. Nimish Naik
    Gingerbread Feb 28, 2017

Nimish Naik , Feb 28, 2017 :
    No need to worry as it is just a flare (though a strong one, I admit) which is evident in almost all smartphones which are out there in the market. If it bothers you alot you can go ahead and return the product for a refund or else submit a bug report in the feedback section. I have reported this as a bug. You can comment on my submitted bug report and many others can follow suit so that the developers notice this and work on it.

Her is the link:-

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/strong-lens-flare-blue-dot.483127/

14. Saumyadip Sarkar
    Cupcake Feb 28, 2017

Saumyadip Sarkar , Feb 28, 2017 :
    Hi Nimish,
    Thanks for your reply. I have decided to return the product. The Blue dots are really annoying. What it means that you won't be able to take night pictures / sunrise or sunset properly. Cannot live with it. However I would like to support this issue and would look forward to a resolution.

15. F.Deikun
    Cupcake Apr 1, 2017

F.Deikun , Apr 1, 2017 :
    Hello to all. I also have this bug blue dot by lens flare. Unfortunately I noticed this bug too late. I have my 3t 3 months, and I read that others suffer, so it is useless to ask for replacement.

1491083654939.jpg

1491083794575.jpg

Attached Files:

Nimish Naik likes this.
  16. Nimish Naik
    Gingerbread Apr 2, 2017

Nimish Naik , Apr 2, 2017 :
    We can just wait for one plus to acknowledge this issue and release a software fix at the earliest.

F.Deikun likes this.
  17. Hana1399
    Cupcake Apr 17, 2017

Hana1399 , Apr 17, 2017 :
    Hi, I have this same issue with a blue dot and it appears to be getting gradually worse this is my second issue with a OnePlus 3T camera as in my initial 3T phone there were air bubbles under the lens that prevented me taking a clear photo which resulted in me having to return it and get a replacement and I would prefer to avoid going through that process again as it was an inconvenience although the OnePlus team dealt with the issue very well and I was very pleased. Yet this new blue dot issue is very disheartening as I didn't ever anticipate having these camera issues with such a highly regarded phone. If it's just a software issue can OnePlus please get round to fixing it soon so I don't have to go through the replacement process again! Thanks

18. dsac23
    Honeycomb Jul 27, 2017

19. Mich O.
    Ice Cream Sandwich Jul 1, 2018

Mich O. , Jul 1, 2018 :
    Hello @Nimish Naik,

This is from the OnePlus Bug Hunters.

We keep optimizing our camera, but if this issue persists on the latest build, please raise a new bug report so that we will look into it again. This thread will be marked as 'Fixed' and will be closed.

Thank you and have a great one.