Marshmallow Jul 14, 2021

2. McJader
    Marshmallow Jul 14, 2021

3. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jul 14, 2021

4. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 14, 2021

B_Wrath , Jul 14, 2021 :
    Nah. This is negative publicity. And even after so many social media posts and forums threads on the pathetic CS, if no one is worried, then I don't see @Pete responding here as well.

5. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 14, 2021

6. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jul 14, 2021

Bobbie63 , Jul 14, 2021 :
    Bloody hell,, what happened here?

7. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jul 14, 2021

What a about we give it a name? Something he can relate to, something that fits strategy?

8. Tobikage
    Nougat Jul 14, 2021

Tobikage , Jul 14, 2021 :
    You two can go :p
    Also.... @Carl won't be there , so I don't want to join anyway. :rolleyes:

9. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jul 14, 2021

Next stop "nothing" what about that ?

B_Wrath, McJader and Tobikage like this.
  10. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jul 14, 2021

We could give us some name?

Like "stupid on tour"?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2021

G_plusone, Tobikage and B_Wrath like this.
  11. B_Wrath
    Nougat Jul 14, 2021

B_Wrath , Jul 14, 2021 :
    Unless our tour guarantees him extra sales, he won't even think about it.

In any case, @dsmonteiro can you please ask @Monica Z. to respond to the queries here. She hasn't been seen on the forums for months. Could you send her an email through the official mail channels?

Tobikage, G_plusone and Bobbie63 like this.
  12. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jul 14, 2021

Yes, but wouldn't be nice @Pete debunk our stories?

Starcommander, Tobikage and B_Wrath like this.
  13. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jul 14, 2021

Let’s be honest, OnePlus is just a money mule

B_Wrath and McJader like this.
  14. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jul 27, 2021

Bobbie63 , Jul 27, 2021 :
    Tomorrow we celebrate/commemorate the one year anniversary of this thread. It’s one year ago since @B_Wrath opened this thread as an example of some he and many others experienced with “OnePlus Customer Service”. Recent events made me feel the need to bump this thread and I wanted to summarise and get back on some of the things that have been discussed here and what changes I see. Let’s get right to the changes…………I can be short on that, there hasn’t visibly changed anything, maybe it’s safe to say, things might even got worse but let me not get carried away. Maybe I should just rewind a little bit and summarise what has been discussed.

This thread is about “OnePlus Customer Service”, the way they operate and how thing can be improved here on the forums. A few OnePlus staff members got involved in the discussion but like things go in the life of OnePlus, they just miraculously die, doors just shut, people are not home, whatever you want to call it. No problem, there is always an idiot that tries to revive it or just opens a new thread. So here we go

First of all, This community isn’t an official support channel as stated by @dsmonteiro and I quote:

“The OnePlus Forums are not and never were an official Customer Support channel. This is by choice.”

This is clear to me and to most of us, there are a lot of helpful people around the forums that help other users sorting out their issues and showing them around the forums in case they don’t have a direct answer or solution to their queries. Then again, as B_Wrath mention earlier on in this thread:

“CS themselves instruct people to create a thread in the forum for technical support.”

This was mentioned July 28, 2020. So what got changed since this date……..nothing, since last week, three more threads popped up where users were told by CS to create a thread in these forums to get their issues sorted out. So that’s funny, this community isn’t an official support channel, however people get instructed by “OnePlus CS” to create a thread here to get their issues sorted out?????

In a previous thread I posted the following:

“unfortunately it’s not just CS that’s funny broken, the whole system is. Looking at all the issues people have with:

• ordering,
    • redeeming vouchers,
    • preordering with a down payment and not be able to pay the balance to get your order,
    • Lucky draw is a mess
    • terms of sales in the EU that were a total mess, here in the EU you didn’t know where the money went, the UK, Hong Kong or whatever (since this weekend I noticed the Terms of Sales are corrected, haven’t checked them tough)
    And way more is my best guess.”

Add to that:

· Not accepting legal refunds

· Mistakes in translations in the UI that’s been going on for months already and nobody cares to answer

· Disappearing devices at service centre

· People waiting for refunds

· Trade in goes wrong

I have loads of examples of what went wrong all throughout the OnePlus process, I don’t feel the need nor want to clutter the forums with all the links to different examples.

So it’s pretty obvious “OnePlus CS” get everything on their plate that went wrong all throughout the process. The way they handle this is a whole different thing. Even if they succeed in solving an issue, I’m sure there is no feedback to their own organisation or at least, it doesn’t get picked up.

So what has been done since last year? Well, it seems Bug Hunters got involved in recognising and CS issue and react to them as @Monica Z. wrote:

“We agree with you that CS should be more engaging with Community. Here is what we are going to do.
    Like you and David mentioned, creating a new section would be time consuming and could eventually confuse users. Considering that the bug hunter team is part of CS and is already contacting users that submit feedback through the Feedback tool, we've mutaully agreed that this team can also take care of our users' CS concerns within the Community. We're going to start a pilot week with at least one meber checking the General Support sections for the most recent devices on a daily basis, to ensure we won't miss any important issue. In parallel, we'll contiinue evaluating any other feasible ways we can support Community users better.”

In addition to that @dsmonteiro said:

• Additionally, since the Forums are not an official CS channel, we ask mods and experts to help us keep track of any issues that people post here. If there's an already existing ticket, we'll help with the escalation, and if not we'll forward the user to the official CS channels. The Community team is working with both the mods/experts and the CS team to streamline the process so that it's more efficient and less time-consuming for mods.
    • None of what said above is meant to be a solution to Customer Support but rather a complement. Customer Support is still implementing improvements on their processes. Escalations and CS presence on the forums in no way exist to replace the official CS channels or to fix any underlying issues.

Ï see words like “more engaging”, “help”, “streamline”, “more efficient”, “less time consuming”, “implementing improvements”! Now I can’t really say, having read threads about issues people have with CS, that any of the previous have been implemented or even were taken into consideration.

A nice example of what can go wrong, intentionally or not is the thread by @Praty_28:

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...device-from-oneplus-official-website.1465244/

I won’t ask questions here to be answered, I’ll leave that to others. Also this post isn’t meant to solve individual issues people have but I hope someone with proper authority will read this and I hope, maybe some day, “OnePlus” is willing to engage in this discussion and give us the confidence OnePlus actually cares.

15. Starcommander
    OnePlus Accessory Tester Jul 29, 2021

Starcommander , Jul 29, 2021 :
    Well said 👏

Bobbie63 likes this.
  16. Yash Pratap Singh.
    Lollipop Jul 29, 2021

Yash Pratap Singh. , Jul 29, 2021 :
    Nice roundup

Add to that - OnePlus CS Chat is removed now

Mr. BG and Bobbie63 like this.
  17. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jul 29, 2021

Bobbie63 , Jul 29, 2021 :
    Well I can tell, confront, ask or tag what I want, they won’t get into the discussion. That’s the reason I didn’t ask questions in my previous post. The responsible people within the “organisation” won’t respond. I don’t know if it’s because they are aware what the situation is, because they are just unwilling, incapable, ignorant or just sheer arrogant? I just don’t know.

these forums are used as a wh*re and “OnePlus” is the P*mp.

18. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jul 29, 2021

Still here in my country. I guess it’s removed because people are actually expect an answer to their queries which is a bit difficult during a chat, that would involve performing an actual “action”. A mail is way more easy and can buy time as mostly the answer will be they’ll fully understand your issue and will come back to you within 48 to 72 hours.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2021

McJader, Mr. BG and Starcommander like this.
  19. Mr. BG
    Community Hero 2020 Jul 29, 2021

Mr. BG , Jul 29, 2021 :
    [​IMG]

It's a policy.

B_Wrath, Bobbie63 and McJader like this.
  20. Bobbie63
    Marshmallow Jul 29, 2021

I know but I like to let people draw their own conclusion. It's sad to see and I wonder what an horrific company culture people have to work in.

B_Wrath and McJader like this.